News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Praetorians anyone?  (Read 13458 times)

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
Re: Praetorians anyone?
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2005, 04:55:20 PM »
Standard Bearers do how do you do yours? Do you the basic Standard Bearer model as is or a conversion? And what is your standard?

Just wondering what the rest of you guys are doing, I'm putting together my own now as part of the Conversion Competition thats running on these forums for a quick very much work in progress pic ;)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v628/colgravis/New%20Praetorian%20Work%20In%20Progress/Standard%20Bearer%20WIP/?action=view&current=kindalike.jpg

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2005, 05:08:07 PM »
Well right now I just use the standard that came with the box set. Although I would like to make my own standard to attach to the standard bearer. If I had some decent computer drawing skills I would make the use of the one that came with the box set, make it a bit bigger and add my custom regiment number on it. Maybe someone can make a template on here that we can all use? I like the new cadian version, something like that with the Praetorian look would be awesome.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline ThePraetorian

« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2005, 08:48:52 AM »
Col. Gravis,

that's real nice green stuff work there.  How did you become so adept at your sculpting?  I really stink with anything gooey and green except...oh never mind

Praetorian
Chi Chi, get the  Ya yo

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2005, 10:13:19 AM »
TY, its better then I used to be with it lol, takes practice I guess, good tip is too always make sure your tools are moist, equally smooth tools are needed rather then for example wood tooth picks to get the finish you want most of the time. I've got nothing on most of the people in that Competetion though, theres a beatiful Orgyn conversion being worked upon for example.