News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Pre-Deployment Banter (RP Holding Pattern)  (Read 12493 times)

Offline Foalchu

Pre-Deployment Banter (RP Holding Pattern)
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »
"I wish to report the intent of several troopers to loot the bodies of their fallen comrades.  If I may be so bold sir, I believe a commisar should be assigned to their squad.  I do not mean to speak out of place, I merely want to ensure the proper use of the Emperor's resources.  Thank you Herr Major!"

Wilhelm stared straight ahead, wondering if perhaps he had been a little too open and honest.  He didn't want to get lumped in with the two troopers who had been the issue though, so maybe it was for the best that he had been so bluntly honest.

[gmod]Topic change[/gmod]
« Last Edit: February 1, 2011, 12:33:04 PM by Dipsomaniac »
"Some call the Eldar decadent.  If that is true, the Imperial Army could do with some of that decadence."
"We warned you of the price of your actions, now you must pay it in full - in blood."
*cringe-worthy teen sig section removed*

Offline Foalchu

Re: Pre-Deployment Banter (RP Holding Pattern)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »
"At once sir!"

Wilhelm snapped to attention, holding his salute until Harrison returned it.  THen he spun on his heel and marched quickly and smartly off to deliver the report to General Gravis.  The moment he was out of sight, he switched to a double time, seeing as this was time sensitive.  Once he reached the general's staff, he announced himself as Major Harrison's runner and delivered the report to the general's aide before heading to the officer's mess to see if he could procure a nice glass instead of his functional flask. 

Double timing back to Major Harrison, he produced his fifth of Cypra Mundian Rum from his jacket and placed it and the full glass on Harrison's camp table before standing to attention and awaiting any further instructions.
"Some call the Eldar decadent.  If that is true, the Imperial Army could do with some of that decadence."
"We warned you of the price of your actions, now you must pay it in full - in blood."

Offline shane04

• Chaos goods are fickle, even for a daemon
  • Armies: Tau, Necrons, Ultramarines, Eldar, chaos.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:24:31 PM »
If you actually read my previous statement about what kit etc. I want, I never mention that I would dare to dishonour a fallen brother in that way I simply hoped that the munitorium would have the kit I wanted, I then went on to say how i wished to enroll in sniper school. As i liked the long las variant. So now that you have put my honour in question i request (respectfully) that you apologise please. I await your reply Foalchu
"Quantity has a quality all its own" Joseph Stalin

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:42:50 PM »
I will apologize to you as well Sanderson, didnt mean to bring you into this.

And your accusations about looting Pvt.Wilhelm are inaccurate, as it implies that I would keep the rifle longer then the fight at hand. I would just like to get to use one before my life time is up.

Offline shane04

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »
Thankyou Nightwalker you caused no offence with what you said however i appreciate the apology. An experience like this will only increase our bond. I look forward to marching into battle with you at my side comrade.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 07:23:35 PM »
Striding through the camp, searching for the layabout Techno-magos, Captain MacRophyllum noted how some of the recruits were getting restless.

It's always the same, he thought, young blood, ready for war, and no one to wage it on. They'll start fighting amongst themselves soon. They'll start looking for a scrap. Someone will take offence to an imagined slight. At first it'll be for honour, but it will quickly turn to battles of pride and in the end it will be mindless vengeance that draws the most blood.

He'd seen far too much of that in the early on Ambrasia. No one called him “Captain” then. Rather than wait for the Commissars to start emptying clips into able bodied recruits, Captain MacRophyllum decided he'd encourage discipline in his own way. Better to loose one recruit than a platoon's worth.

Just then he came around the Munitorium building and noticed a pair of troopers giving another “Horus' Eye”. Flipping through his mental personnell file, he recognized Sanderson and Nightwalker staring at the back of Wilhelm while he appeared to be reporting to another officer. Given their hunched postures, he could easily imagine them plotting some manner of meyhem together.

“Best to get this over with quickly, before the rest start looking for trouble,” MacRophyllum sighed. “Sanderson, Nightwalker, I want you meat-sacks front and centre!” MacRophyllum bellowed.

Offline Foalchu

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »
[ooc] as I am currently attending to any needs Major Harrison might have, I will not be able to apologize at the moment.  Also, our place as troopers is not to question, it is to fall in line and obey orders without complaint.  Thus, you yourself questioned your honor as a guardsman by questioning your placement in a line squad as a regular grunt. 
Also:
laughs with a broad grin"same here, im planning on stealing them off one of our fallen comrades. certainly one of them will die eventually"
I'm pretty sure that's the definition of looting a corpse...

As a final point, it's Wilhelm, not Foalchu.  ;)[/ooc]

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »
Deciding to leave his comrades statement to hang in the air the young guardsman quickly gets into place in front of Captain MacRophyllum and salutes. "Yes sir. What can I do for you sir?" Fearing for more trouble about to take place because of cultural differences, is sure to appear before the captain in the most ready and respectful manner possible.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:53:33 PM by The Nightwalker »

Offline shane04

« Reply #8 on: February 1, 2011, 02:58:53 AM »
But that was nightwalkers Quote not mine. I never questioned my place i simply am looking to progress through the rank structure. if your happy being a grunt then good for you mate.

Feeling his point has been made Sanderson is just about to go to the parade ground when he catches a glimpse of Captain MacRophyllum in the corner of his eye. Sanderson had read all the dataslate and stories about the captain on Ambrasia. And looked up to the captain. He knew he was about to receive a one way conversation on the correct attitude of guardsmen in the imperial guard, From this Captain he will take every punishment that was given without question.

Offline Commissar ShoutY

• Commissar
  • it says it all
« Reply #9 on: February 1, 2011, 07:44:03 AM »
the commissar strode onto the parade ground. the new recruits sweltered under the midday sun, new uniforms clean pressed and buttons shined. the deathly stillness was cut through like a knife
"I am your Senior Field Commissariat attache. From now on, you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be: "Sir!" Do you maggots understand that?..."
a low murmur came from the recruits "amphetamine parrot! i can't hear you sound off like you got a pair!"
"SIR! YES SIR!"
"You are pukes! war virgins! You are the lowest form of life in the Galaxy. You are not even human beings! You are nothing but unorganized frag-sack pieces of Ork Dung! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard, but I am fair!"
he strode along the lines of troopers each step seemed to echo in the minds of the troopers like a titan's footfall
"There is nothing but racial bigotry here! I look down on Space elves, Blueies, Mutant cockroach's and Space punks. Here, them and you are all equally worthless! And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved 40th Corps! Do you pukes understand that?..."
"SIR! YES SIR!"
he strode along the lines before stoppingin front of a trooper
"what's your name private?"
"sir! private Nightwalker sir!"
"Nightwalker? why, thats one hell of a name! thats hard core! are you hard core private Nightwalker?"
"sir?" the trooper looked uncomfortable, unsure about the attention he was receiving,
"i said are you hard core? are you a weapon? a minister of death, praying for war?" the commissar was almost nose to nose with the trooper, eyes as pityless as bolter barells bored into him increasing his agitation,
"my God emperor! you war virgin you don't deserve that name! you are a delicate flower! soft and breakable! from now on you are private Darling! doe you like that name?"
................... ................... .................
Tabbat watched the commissar from under the cool awning outside the barracks. he smiled and lit a cigar before offering the pack to the two officers next to him, the Churakee captain politely waved it away while the tankie captain took one.
"how long before he lets them off?" the captain said as he lit his cigar.
tabbat shrugged, "depends if he gets annoyed or not..."
the Churakee officer cracked a wintry smile as the commissar let out a bellow of anger at another recruit "so quite a while then"
Member of the prestigious 40konline commissariate, and we're here...

wonderful, amazing! i'm in awe of your uselessness

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #10 on: February 1, 2011, 08:44:27 AM »
[ooc] We're going to run a little "bit" here, so if we could all imagine this occuring before Shouty's Parade Ground strut, that'd be awesome. ;)[/ooc]

"Privates Nightwalker and Sanderson, I can't help but notice that the two of you appear displeased with your fellow recruit, may I ask what is going on? Feel free to speak freely." MacRophyllum asked.

He had a feeling that he would be required to use some of the disciplinary skills that he'd learned from the dataslates on The Three Sages, Larricious, Moedecai, and Shemprath. Hopefully he could avoid anything pertaining to the fourth acolyte, Curlon, but he would do what was required.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2011, 10:02:03 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline shane04

« Reply #11 on: February 1, 2011, 09:07:46 AM »
[OOC] :) [OOC]

Sir, it was a matter of honour. Private Willhelm on several occasions has questioned my skill as a guardsmen and my honour.

Firstly he made a comment suggesting I wouldn't be able to survive my first battle, however I believe with the faith of the god emperor in my heart and lasgun in my hand I can overcome any obstical in my path.

Secondly he not only question my honour he did not use the correct chain of command and instead of speaking with a drill sergeant he went directly to XO in reference to me looting a sniper lasrifle from a fallen brother. Which if you read the previous statement on pg4 of this data slide you can see it is not myself but nightwalker who made this remark.

However in nightwalkers defence it was said in jest, and that's how I took it.  No harm was to come of it. It was just too new recruits trying to make friends. Night walker has since apologised to myself for what was said and I have forgiven him.

That is my full report sir. I await your judgement.

[OOC] just for GreatBigTree [OOC]
I personally feel this matter has gone to far and would
Like to settle this matter with willhelm man to man. If The Major can spare his new aide I wish to challenge him to a dual.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2011, 09:15:58 AM by shane04 »

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #12 on: February 1, 2011, 09:45:20 AM »
Seeing the murderous glint in Sanderson's eye, Captain MacRophyllum decided this was time to act.

"Sanderson, are you aware that so far as the 40th corps is concerned, until a member has survived a battle he has no hounour to besmirch?" Began MacRophyllum. "Should you wish to engage Wilhelm over a matter of honour, you would first need to endure the Three Sages Rite of the Twined Choice."

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #13 on: February 1, 2011, 09:49:01 AM »
A look of confusion passed Nightwalkers face, he had been trained to be a guardsman for 3 years and had been one for a year now and had never heard of such a thing. He stared at the captain waiting for a more details.

Offline shane04

« Reply #14 on: February 1, 2011, 10:23:25 AM »
Sanderson had heard of the Three Sages Rite of the Twined Choice. And so was prepared for what was about to happen. He was ready to endure this task for the captain, for his honour he would pass.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #15 on: February 1, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
[gmod]This thread won't be open after we kick off. Consider yourselves in barracks with very limited weaponry.[/gmod]
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline RandomGuardsman

• Kampfgruppe RipperJacks!
« Reply #16 on: February 1, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »
  OOC... I Think Shouty has watched Full Metal Jacket one to many times...as have I, it is bad when you can change the language, and still keep up with what is being said. :P

Also, As ranger said, it would be nice if we could move the RP posts, that way people can still mess around and get practice at their RP skills, and keep the sign-up post clear for business pourposes.
Wonder what would happen, if the DM, Grand Master Overlord Moderator, or whatever the main guy running this train wreck decided to make this a 'Choose your own Adventure' RP......OOC

Harry spends the morning Stripping his lasgun, cleaning it, and reassembling it, whispering praise to the emperor for each part assembled.
Then proceeds to sharpen his bayonet, Check his Webbelt for needed pouches, and reminds himself to swing by the minitorium to collect his Grenades and ammo before deployment. "Next time those guys better fully charge those energy cells, I ran out of ammo last time on the live fire course."
  Deployment was rumored to be soon, but no orders have come down the line to the grunts yet. Seeing some of the grunts getting wrestles, Harry decided it would be better to stay out of it, than be in the middle when the Commissar's boltgun lets loose.  "Man those black coats are a bit scary."
Mercenaries never die! They go to hell to regroup!

Offline ranger_scout

• For the Emperor and the Imperium!
« Reply #17 on: February 1, 2011, 12:48:11 PM »
OCC yeah it worked! A privates free though worked ;D OCC

Scheer Schwawtze walks past the parade square where the new troops are being disciplined on the parade square.  He remembers his first days as a soldier in the SS Panzergrinidirs.  Schwatze chuckles to him self and carries on to find Hauppstamnn Straken to report that he arrived and is awaiting assignment into the command squad.  The 71st SS Panzergrenidirs sent him to participate in the 57th Armoured battle to see how a full Panzer regiment works to see if some of these strategies will apply to the 71st amour.

Offline Commissar ShoutY

• Commissar
  • it says it all
« Reply #18 on: February 1, 2011, 03:38:57 PM »
OOC: is there anything wrong with the parade ground scene GreatBigTree? or with watching FMJ a few times? ;) OOC
Member of the prestigious 40konline commissariate, and we're here...

wonderful, amazing! i'm in awe of your uselessness

Offline RandomGuardsman

• Kampfgruppe RipperJacks!
« Reply #19 on: February 1, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »
or with watching FMJ a few times? ;)

Watching it a few times is not an issue, watching it so much to the point that your Woman starts hiding the movie from you, that is when it is a problem. :P
Mercenaries never die! They go to hell to regroup!