News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40th Corps Command Guard Army **CoC Only**  (Read 8162 times)

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
Re: 40th Corps Command Guard Army **CoC Only**
« Reply #20 on: April 4, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »
Ah! Some new voices! Excellent!

Wper: I will make the adjustments, any other gear you want on the sentinels? I will give one of your sentinels an Improved Commo so you can call in the fliers like Nubis and Sputnik.

Sheepz: Consider the other Vet Squad yours...outfit it as you see fit.

Dr: Commissar is yours....Outfit as you wish him to be

Talon: Ok....This is what I will do....

Since Conscripts was just a fun doc to play, I will drop it in favor of RR. After much thought, why would we want Conscript Noobs in an Elite Unit. Fluffwise it does contradict a bit. Provided someone gives me a good excuse to keep them, I will switch over to RR for now.  The two platoons will be removed, and left open for now.

CM NOTE: Sorry Talon....due to Senior Leadership ruling, Conscripts stays. I'm only a lowly Colonel bro. Dr, if you want to command a Conscript unit I will assaigne you to it as an Indi Commissar.

Andromidius: Sorry about the no DTs buddy, although as I said before this is a Mech/Airmobile force employing Arvus Shuttles for some transports...while it doesn't provide the Randomness of Scatter death that DT do...your still airborne...so if you want to command a platoon have at it and use Arvus.

Markay: I will give you command of a Platoon HQ for now. Given that there are others around in the CoC, I can't give you a whole platoon. Those will be reorganized based on senior leadership. So for now your the Sr leader of one platoon.

Note...since this is a Mech force you can opt out to take Chimera's for transports if you want. Remember to add that to your TO&E.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 11:03:45 AM by Chosen Man Colonel »
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #21 on: April 4, 2007, 11:02:01 AM »
A thought, more as a modelling bit then a practical addition to the army, but retired Officers perhaps to be represented by Servo Skulls? These are in the background afterall Imperial Servants serving after ... um their time?

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #22 on: April 4, 2007, 11:06:24 AM »
Are you buying and painting and converting this army, Chosen Man, or is it hypothetical?

What about Stormies vs Rough Riders? There are a few Carapace Armies kicking around. Is 1 Veteran Unit enough and 2 Stormies freeing a doctrine, or 2 Veterans and 1 Stormie?

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: April 4, 2007, 11:06:45 AM »
A thought, more as a modelling bit then a practical addition to the army, but retired Officers perhaps to be represented by Servo Skulls? These are in the background afterall Imperial Servants serving after ... um their time?

Heh Heh Heh! A Gribby Servo Skull as a Commissar! Funny!

Are you buying and painting and converting this army, Chosen Man, or is it hypothetical?

Actually I should be able to build most of the army from my current supplies of IG Gear, anything else I will have to Lie, Cheat, Steal, Borrow or Buy! ;)

I might take a while, but I might be able to put the list together, provided it isn't something outrageous. If anything this army would be for megabattles with usage along with the 40th Corps Titan Battlegroup I'm working on now. Most of the forces in the list will be Mordians, so work around that line of models. Although if you give me a reason to use another line for your specific unit I will consider it. 
« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 11:12:52 AM by Chosen Man Colonel »
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #24 on: April 4, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »
Stormies are a Doctrine too.  And honestly, no Rough Riders.  Horses are for pansies afraid to fight on their own two feet.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #25 on: April 4, 2007, 01:48:09 PM »
Having now properly read the thread, time to reply in earnest!

HQ Platoon

HQ Squad
HSO AKA Pax (Reserved for his choice of units, he will also be allowed to set up squads in the platoon)

Ideally I'd like a laspistol and lasgun myself, but will settle for a laspistol and shotgun if legality demands it - how legal is this supposed to be again? I'll have a veteran with regimental standard, one with a medi-pack, and two regular Guardsmen. All with lasguns. Under no circumstance will I be flying into combat. A Chimera with multi-laser, heavy bolter, extra armour, smoke launchers and improved comms will do nicely. Wper can have the command platoon Sentinel support squadron to do with as he pleases. As for other support squads, I'm not terribly concerned to add to the number of units I have to direct personally, but tack on however many you need for an effective force.

General Grizmund IAV1 Rules AKA Modissar Goyder

Needs the crush & grind doctrine. Or the ghetto blaster thing on Obadiah Schfeer's tank. Really, anything to make him kill himself a true hero. I'm sure he's stupidly hazardous to himself and those directly around him in real life as well.

Stormies are a Doctrine too.  And honestly, no Rough Riders.  Horses are for pansies afraid to fight on their own two feet.

Please don't mind the CAG. We suspect he was bitten by a pony once when still a toddler, but he never replies when pressed on the issue.

Offline imperialnutcase

• Lieutenant
  • SDMF
« Reply #26 on: April 4, 2007, 01:58:46 PM »
Hmm, well I wouldnt mind being a basilisk on that rather nice open heavy slot you have there ( I never go to battle without one) or I could be your last remaining commissar   8) either way Im happy!  ;D
The plan? It's pure Black Label. It's about violence and booze. That's all it is. There is no plan.
Zakk Wylde

Offline Markay

• Lieutenant Colonel | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #27 on: April 4, 2007, 02:14:27 PM »
Platoon HQ -AKA Markay

Well for now then I'd probably go with carapace armour and a boltgun on the officer and in the squad an autocannon. As for transport options I suppose its a case of seeing what everyone else does with the rest of the platoon and following suit.

Offline Major. Witham

• Major
  • 'Sound off like you got a pair!'
« Reply #28 on: April 4, 2007, 02:27:06 PM »
I would like to volunteer for duty if there is space for airborne heavy infantry anywhere. Any standard troop slot would fit my Grenadiers quite nicely.

My equipment of choice would be - as befits a senior Grenadier of the Asper Palatines - Hellpistol, Power Weapon, Carapace Armour, Frag and Krak Grenades. We tend to travel around in Valkyries if you have one availible, but we dont mind walking if not. 
"Sir! Looks like were surrounded!"

"Were Drop Troops soldier - Were supposed to be surrounded!"

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #29 on: April 4, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »
FA 3
Cyclops
Valkyrie AKA Col. Sputnik

The Vulture is fine with me, Chosen. I know you asked me if that was ok last night but I was a bit out of things and thought you said Valkyrie.

With the same theme, I'm going to be building a 40kO High Command Unit.  I've got 15 slots (Officer, 11 Retinue, Commissar, Sanctioned Psyker and Priest), 3 of which are already reserved for Goyder, Chosen Man and Myself.  Feel free to post what you would like, and a representative model/conversion.  I retain all rights to deny any request do to seniority and whether or not I like the model idea.

Put me down for a Grenadier if you're willing. Preferable a Kasrkin model.
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline [dixon]

• BANNED
« Reply #30 on: April 4, 2007, 03:01:49 PM »
Put me down for a Grenadier if you're willing. Preferable a Kasrkin model.

Will do.  Any weapon loadout preferences?

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #31 on: April 4, 2007, 03:06:28 PM »

Will do.  Any weapon loadout preferences?

Preferably something that won't melt in my hands ;)  A Meltagun would be fine.
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline [dixon]

• BANNED
« Reply #32 on: April 4, 2007, 03:11:07 PM »
A fine choice.  Of course, now I see only regular Guardsmen get special weapons.  So I guess you get a Hellgun.  Tough.  Let's see what we've got going on so far...

High Commander - Goyder (Now to find a suitably fat model)
Grenadier Bodyguard - Sputnik
Staff Officer - Me

12 slots left to fill.  Hooray.

Offline Lt. Colonel Nightblade

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: April 4, 2007, 04:15:18 PM »
If the Command HQ's command squad has some normal guys with lasguns (or veterans with laspistol/ccw, or anything that's not a heavy/special weapon) then I request to be part of the HQ's retinue as an adjutant or aid-type officer.

Failing that, I'd like command of an infantry platoon.  Doesn't matter which.

Modelwise, you'd have to find something thin and gaunt... I'd have the look of a tired officer who spends too much time pushing papers at his desk and not enough time out on the field of combat.  The kind of guy who lives on coffee and stale donuts.  I don't have any particular models in mind, though.

Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away the hoofèd liar.
Roof and door and block and beam, drive the Trickster from our dreams.

Member of the Board 18 Chain of Command.

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #34 on: April 4, 2007, 04:36:59 PM »
Wouldn't it be better if you didn't use Doctrines at all?  Hense then you can fit all the special unit types in that people request.

Put me down as a Platoon Lieutenant or a Storm Trooper Sergeant.  No preference on weapons.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Parak

• Colonel - Best Painted Guard Army
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I like my brick
    • My Blog!
« Reply #35 on: April 4, 2007, 09:08:18 PM »
Hey. I dont know whats left. But if there is a platoon command kicking about spare I'd be happy to take that. If not Just gimme a squad and I'll take them to hell and back!

I'll drum up a few mock up models that could be used if required. I was thinking about this not too long ago actually. With my own 40th corps force, I'm building a dedicated siege army, designed to protect the fortress walls of the dodecahedron (sp?). I was thinking that our vets/stormtroopers would be part of an elite "step guard" (ie. the guards of the steps into the dodecahedron).

This is a really cool force and it would be great to have some linked battles when I get my 40th corps army up and running, even if its mainly through fluff.

Offline Lord Commissar Spiteful

• Commissar
  • Ancient
  • Only Survivor of the Spiteful Incident
  • Armies: Guard
« Reply #36 on: April 4, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
<Raises hand>
That Last Commissar slot still open? Cause I'd love to give it a shot ;)

If so, equip him as you see fit, as currently my 40k Avatar is running around as a commissar proxying a Master Shaper in a kroot army (you know cameoline and all that jazz.)

Or give him a "Book of Law"(c) based on me spamming the Projects boards :p
Ordo Sepulturum
Hunt for the Terminus Est

Offline Talon Undecided

• Full Bird Colonel; Old School Necron Hunter Adept; Best Painted Rough Riders
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • kweh!
  • Armies: Astra Militarum, Evil Blood Ravens, AdMech
« Reply #37 on: April 4, 2007, 11:25:08 PM »
Ok then, I'll like to request for command of an Infantry Platoon.
Imperial Guard Poster of the year '09!
Good golly that was ages ago.

Astra what now?

Offline wper34

• Echo! Echo! Echo! Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What? ~nyo
« Reply #38 on: April 5, 2007, 04:09:02 AM »
Wper can have the command platoon Sentinel support squadron to do with as he pleases. As for other support squads, I'm not terribly concerned to add to the number of units I have to direct personally, but tack on however many you need for an effective force.

OK, given that Pax gives a green light... I will be taking the command of sentinel support squadron in the HQ slots. Make it 3-4 walkers in the army, if that is possible.

My personal walker could be equipped with either Multi-laser or Autocan depending on the whole army firepower. You may wish to add an Improved Comm on it as I do think it would be a good idea for both fluffiness & practical use. A searchlight would also come in handy. Now, please don't go over the top by adding things like armoured crew compartment, extra armour, or Hunter-Killer Missile to all walker units. I am more concerned with resources/efficiency being spent on my units. If a few extra pts are left, you can give a few searchlight to other walkers.

Now, as for all units' composition...

If there are 3 slots open (1 for HQ, 2 for fast attacks), have the HQ unit with 1-2 sentinels. One is obviously my own specification as described above. The other sentinel in the HQ would have the same wep configuration as mine, if there are a total of 4 sentinels in the army. For the fast attack units, both of them can switch their weps configuration (between Autocan & Multi-laser) as required by the army. Also, please do make sure that they are both split into one walker per squadron. So it would be like this:

HQ Slot
Wper34 Sentinel: Autocan/Multi-laser, Improved-Comm, Searchlight
1 additional sentinel: Autocan/Multi-laser (if there are 4 in total)

Fast Attack Slot
1 Sentinel: Autocan/Multi-laser, Searchlight (Optional)
1 Sentinel: Autocan/Multi-laser, Searchlight (Optional)

========================================

However, if there are 2 slots open (1 for HQ, 1 for fast attacks), then please do as follow:

HQ Slot
1 additional sentinel: Autocan/Multi-laser (Again, if there are 4 in total)

Fast Attack Slot
2 Sentinel: Autocan/Multi-laser, Searchlight (Optional)

Similar as the previous style but just grouped them together. Mix & Match all weps in all units as you like. (Again, keep in mind that in a unit, 2 walkers should have the same wep) That's pretty much it for units under my command. :)

EDIT

May I recommend Andromidius or Markay being in charge of operating the Vulture? That is if they are willing to man the flyer themselves.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2007, 04:52:23 AM by wper34 »

Sentinel Commander of 34th Neros Regiment
My Army Principle: 1. Quantity 2. Quality 3. Variety
Anime Mecha Vocaloid (And Neko) Lover ~nyo

Hymirl... I think you'd better start eating reading the rulebook. :P

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #39 on: April 5, 2007, 06:48:24 AM »
Having now properly read the thread, time to reply in earnest!

Ideally I'd like a laspistol and lasgun myself, but will settle for a laspistol and shotgun if legality demands it - how legal is this supposed to be again? I'll have a veteran with regimental standard, one with a medi-pack, and two regular Guardsmen. All with lasguns. Under no circumstance will I be flying into combat. A Chimera with multi-laser, heavy bolter, extra armour, smoke launchers and improved comms will do nicely. Wper can have the command platoon Sentinel support squadron to do with as he pleases. As for other support squads, I'm not terribly concerned to add to the number of units I have to direct personally, but tack on however many you need for an effective force.

I'll do what I can, since you are taking the Improved Commo, Wper won't have to lug it around anymore.

Needs the crush & grind doctrine. Or the ghetto blaster thing on Obadiah Schfeer's tank. Really, anything to make him kill himself a true hero. I'm sure he's stupidly hazardous to himself and those directly around him in real life as well.

I thought about it...And it takes up a Heavy Slot instead of the HQ on for Grizmund....It's possible we can still use Obadiah over Grizmund...what do you think?

Hmm, well I wouldnt mind being a basilisk on that rather nice open heavy slot you have there ( I never go to battle without one) or I could be your last remaining commissar   8) either way Im happy!  ;D

The Heavy slot is on hold right now....Since you asked for the commissar slot first you'll get what I got open.

The Vulture is fine with me, Chosen. I know you asked me if that was ok last night but I was a bit out of things and thought you said Valkyrie.

No Problem...Done!

With the same theme, I'm going to be building a 40kO High Command Unit.  I've got 15 slots (Officer, 11 Retinue, Commissar, Sanctioned Psyker and Priest), 3 of which are already reserved for Goyder, Chosen Man and Myself.  Feel free to post what you would like, and a representative model/conversion.  I retain all rights to deny any request do to seniority and whether or not I like the model idea.

Make me a Veteran Guardsman...Shotgun or Lasgun will do....Since I can't have a MeltaGun....Modelwi se Praetorian Chosen Man what else ;)

Failing that, I'd like command of an infantry platoon.  Doesn't matter which.

Modelwise, you'd have to find something thin and gaunt... I'd have the look of a tired officer who spends too much time pushing papers at his desk and not enough time out on the field of combat.  The kind of guy who lives on coffee and stale donuts.  I don't have any particular models in mind, though.

Infantry Platoon HQ....Sure I can fit you into a squad....

Wouldn't it be better if you didn't use Doctrines at all?  Hense then you can fit all the special unit types in that people request.

Put me down as a Platoon Lieutenant or a Storm Trooper Sergeant.  No preference on weapons.

Not anymore, since all the Elite choices are now filled in. Sorry no stormtroopers in this army. I will see if I have a Platoon HQ Squad left that I can fit you in, or else just a line squad as a VetSgt.

Hey. I dont know whats left. But if there is a platoon command kicking about spare I'd be happy to take that. If not Just gimme a squad and I'll take them to hell and back!

Line Squad is all I got left right now I think...so your in!

<Raises hand>
That Last Commissar slot still open? Cause I'd love to give it a shot ;)

I think Imperialnutcase got the last spot....Line Squad for you? Let me know

Ok then, I'll like to request for command of an Infantry Platoon.

Line Squads are iopen? Let me know...

HQ Slot
1 additional sentinel: Autocan/Multi-laser (Again, if there are 4 in total)

Fast Attack Slot
2 Sentinel: Autocan/Multi-laser, Searchlight (Optional)

Done! :)

Spots are filling up quick! Remember to post the composition of your units here....Platoon HQs will have Iron Dis...as will the HQ Platoon....Also so you know...all line squads will be lead by VetSgts unless you say not too..

CARRY ON!!
CM