News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your IG Army  (Read 925766 times)

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
Re: Your IG Army
« Reply #40 on: May 9, 2006, 01:18:28 AM »
Heres my army. Im noit finished painting because I havent had time and yadda yadda. In a very big push and with the coercion of a couple memebers from the Painting forum and Cap Chosen Man himself, I have been learning to use inks. So here it is people:

First off its my army JO, a Khador Sniper. Thanks to this forum I discovered a cool enough looking unit to use as my army hq.

Next I show my vehicles. I have enough turrets for 2 Leman Russes, 2 Demolishers, 1 Exterminator. I also just got a griffon and am not sure what to do with it. Might make it into a salamander...but not sure might be a waste of good parts.

Heres my army. Not completely painted but all there. Enough to make 10 squads...7 with heavy weapons. MY infamous Rough Riders with their Valhallan snow hoods. Also depcited are my white stormies and a tech-priest I like to call Tech_pirest Rob. My classic sentinel which always gets forgotten by the enemy because it looks"silly".

Lastly

MY WARHOUND!!!!
His name is Ralph. He is a terrier and he kills!!!! The green glow in his eyes tells you hes a murderer....

I got like three of you! maybe hehehe
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline imperialnutcase

• Lieutenant
  • SDMF
« Reply #41 on: May 9, 2006, 01:24:27 AM »
OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.. ....... :o  (runs as fast as he can!)  8)
The plan? It's pure Black Label. It's about violence and booze. That's all it is. There is no plan.
Zakk Wylde

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #42 on: May 9, 2006, 01:33:19 AM »
To all that wish to kill me: Thank you. I'm flattered. :)

And wow! Too much for me to comment on individually.

No less than two Skaven armies! It's curious how two of those "one in a thousand" armies make it onto the same site.

@Commie Leo: Nice special weapons trooper. I was going to suggest you do the female headswap on one of those Kasrkin bodies, but you've already thought of that. And I agree; Kasrkin look so much better than Cadian special weapons troopers.

Arctic Monkey: Great army. Why does it seem everyone's got more tanks than I do? :'(

Nice Black Guard and Ogryns Sputnik. Now get painting lazy. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing some entire army shots Rictiovarus. I'm curious what you've finished so far.

And very sweet dog army Valhalla114.

Next I show my vehicles. I have enough turrets for 2 Leman Russes, 2 Demolishers, 1 Exterminator. I also just got a griffon and am not sure what to do with it. Might make it into a salamander...but not sure might be a waste of good parts.

Griffon!? Griffon!? How dare you even suggest to convert such a vehicle into a Salamander!? That made me die a little inside. Either you send that beauty to me straight away, or you use it yourself. But no Griffons will be harmed during the making of this thread.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2006, 10:04:34 AM by PaxImperator »

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
« Reply #43 on: May 9, 2006, 06:37:50 AM »
I was just kidding I wanted to see the nastiest commet I'd get from that, I bought it individually, I would never do that.  ;)

Anyways what would I do with the mortar bits afterwards? Make a very big mortar squad. hehehe

@ sputnik nice ogryns. at least they dont look serious and not like the current ogryns. which look silly.

@ rictovarious: nice conversions. I like the Lt's with their crazy cool uniforms. Whats the support for the earthshaker??
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #44 on: May 9, 2006, 07:53:30 AM »
Excellent Army Valhallan...I like the weathering you did on those tanks...very cool! I see you dropped the rough riders in there too. Heh Heh Heh! Those Kasrkins look like Stormtroopers from Star Wars, I like that!

Pax maybe you should invest in an Armor Company....You can never have too many tanks in your armies....Look at Goyder ;)
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline evilmonkey

• Guard 4 teh win
« Reply #45 on: May 9, 2006, 09:48:22 AM »
Thanks for all the comments. Makes it all better when being owned by iron warriors/seer councils that people think your army is cool.

Offline Goyder

• Workshy Lord Moddissar General, The King of Tanks
  • Ancient
  • Australian
« Reply #46 on: May 9, 2006, 10:01:43 AM »
Evilmonkey, im stealing your dozer idea for the Baneblade, becuase it looks really, really awesome.

Holy amphetamine parrot, these aremy looks so beslubbering awesome. They make me want to finish my mech army straight away, and then get straight back to rebuilding my AC....

Hot damn. Such awesome talent around here!
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline evilmonkey

• Guard 4 teh win
« Reply #47 on: May 9, 2006, 10:13:46 AM »
Evilmonkey, im stealing your dozer idea for the Baneblade, becuase it looks really, really awesome.

I aim to please. Advice : Ork shoulder pads (non spikey of course) are good for filling in the semi circular attachment points at the back of the dozer blade if you dont want to file them off

pic to explain what I mean:

Plus my two latest projects. Steellgion veterans and the long neglected steel legion mortar.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 08:44:53 PM by evilmonkey »

Offline imperialnutcase

• Lieutenant
  • SDMF
« Reply #48 on: May 9, 2006, 11:21:27 AM »
Hey, NICE conversions monkey! and all in all everyones got NICE STUFF! ;D (EXCEPT ME.... :'((   anyhoo , could i post pcs of my hvy weapons squads conversions and rough rider close ups or would that "clog - up " the thread? ???
The plan? It's pure Black Label. It's about violence and booze. That's all it is. There is no plan.
Zakk Wylde

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #49 on: May 9, 2006, 11:28:16 AM »
Hey, NICE conversions monkey! and all in all everyones got NICE STUFF! ;D (EXCEPT ME.... :'((   anyhoo , could i post pcs of my hvy weapons squads conversions and rough rider close ups or would that "clog - up " the thread? ???

Go for it! We'd all like to see what your working on. I was looking at your pic with all of your army and noticed a Baneblade in your collection, was that scratch built? It didn't look Armorcast or FW.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline imperialnutcase

• Lieutenant
  • SDMF
« Reply #50 on: May 9, 2006, 11:37:01 AM »
yeh,its scratch-built,but its not finished yet and if it doesnt look like FW excellent!  ;D i wanted it to look a bit different as in non -standard but ive yet to put tracks on ETC  :)  well ill put the photos on ASAP :) AND PAX! youve got more tanks then me!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 9, 2006, 12:06:48 PM by imperialnutcase »
Zakk Wylde

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Our Little Red Friend - Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
« Reply #51 on: May 9, 2006, 01:10:31 PM »
Rat guards...thats something new...

Evilmonkey, your snow-themed Steel Legion is picture-perfect, I envy you!

But I suppose the winner of best painted Guard army should go to Pax....and Dr_Ruminahui's....

Damn it! Where's Ruminahui when everybody is flaunting their armies like peacocks ?
Signature Pending Update :P

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #52 on: May 9, 2006, 01:16:16 PM »
Right, Praetorian time ;)

Old Army the 57th Praetorian Foot 'The Die Hards', still getting used but getting in a bit of a state, once I've painted up the new army to the same size as this lot, this lot will get a repaint.

The new army the 4th Praetorian Foot 'The Lord Governor's Own', still few in number and horror a few unfinished models in there, Lieutentant, three Guardsmen and the standardless standard bearer.

Better Pic of the Infantry : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/colgravis/New%20Praetorians%20Finished/P5090007.jpg

Better Pic of the Rest : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/colgravis/New%20Praetorians%20Finished/P5090008.jpg

An heres the rest of the 4th in various box's lol, the Vangorian Drop Troopers make a brief appearance and the Russ with a Skull for a turret ;)

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
« Reply #53 on: May 9, 2006, 01:24:21 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

What ? A mix of Praetorian and Mordian models ?

Noooooooooo!!!

I was thinking 'Damn my next army I gonna outsmart that Gravis and his Pith-capped little men with my own Mordian-Praetorian mix models painted in Blue Tunic, red pants and white foreign service dress' But you got me to it!!

Anyway nice army you have Gravis (including the cannons). I wonder about the meteoric cost though...

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #54 on: May 9, 2006, 01:28:13 PM »
TY ;)

Aye the Mordians formed my armoured fist units in that army, I've still got another two or three squads I never got round to painting, not quite sure what I'm gonna do with them in the new force though, might end up being the base of some Busby wearing Guards since they're cheaper to buy then Praetorians.

An yeah, best not to think of the cost lol, I try not too lol, about 2/3rds of the Infantry was bought second hand though, mostly from ebay, cuts the cost alot.

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
« Reply #55 on: May 9, 2006, 01:34:10 PM »
might end up being the base of some Busby wearing Guards since they're cheaper to buy then Praetorians.

Hmmm....The Governor's own dismounted hussars ? lol

An yeah, best not to think of the cost lol, I try not too lol, about 2/3rds of the Infantry was bought second hand though, mostly from ebay, cuts the cost alot.

How about the CO in your avatar ? Was it your own conversion, special ed model, or from perry Miniatures ? I never recalled such model being made.

And I didn't know that Praetorians costs more than Mordians ? I thought they cost the same. How much difference were the new ones ?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #56 on: May 9, 2006, 01:34:39 PM »
Ah cool  Praetorians! never seen so much of their glory before. I  must say they are a very cool type of guard unit and you have done them proud. Also the old tech heavy weapons are very characterful. Also that baneblade, it's an armorcast if I'm not mistake right?
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #57 on: May 9, 2006, 01:38:16 PM »
Hmmm....The Governor's own dismounted hussars ? lol

lol who knows ;) in term of Organisation I'm doing it quite historiclly to roughly 1870's standards, the 4th is litterally just the Infantry so other bits, including the Heavy Weapons for example come from different units.

How about the CO in your avatar ? Was it your own conversion, special ed model, or from perry Miniatures ? I never recalled such model being made.

And I didn't know that Praetorians costs more than Mordians ? I thought they cost the same. How much difference were the new ones ?

The CO is the old Tank Commander with Praetorian Legs and a Praetorian head, really simple but fairly effective I thought.

An yeah, not brand new of course, but second hand Mordians tend to go for less, theres about the same amount of both types that goes up for sale but theres more demand for the Praetorians, hence the prices tend to be higher.

Ah cool  Praetorians! never seen so much of their glory before. I  must say they are a very cool type of guard unit and you have done them proud. Also the old tech heavy weapons are very characterful. Also that baneblade, it's an armorcast if I'm not mistake right?

TY :)

The Baneblade is the FW Mars variant, still lacking its tracks and wheels and with an unfinished paint job (still :( ) I'll get round to it lol

Offline imperialnutcase

• Lieutenant
  • SDMF
« Reply #58 on: May 9, 2006, 01:40:03 PM »
Hey guys! :D nice praetorians there! commissar leonidas! BTW,could my latest pics not be that good quality painted ?because ive just finished some of them  ???  :-[
Zakk Wylde

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #59 on: May 9, 2006, 01:48:26 PM »
Just one more pic I just found on my PC, a Sentinel from my Vangorian Drop Troops :)