News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1k Pure Sisters - Need Some Help  (Read 479 times)

Offline Lord Anathir

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1k Pure Sisters - Need Some Help
« on: January 14, 2006, 11:52:57 AM »
I dont have much experience when it comes to 40k, but im starting a small sisters army.  Im wondering if this is a good list.  I already bought the battle sisters and seraphim, so they are in no matter what.
thanx in advance for comments!

______
Sisters Squad #1: 186
7x Bolters
2x Flamers
1x Vetaran Superier
Rhino

Sisters Squad #2: 200
13x Bolters
2x Storm Bolters
1x Veteran Superier

Seraphim: 199
3x Bolt Pistols
1x Flamers
1x Inferno Pistol
1x Veteran Superier, Melta Bombs, Purity Seals

Retributers: 162
4x Heavy Bolters
3x Bolters
1x Veteran Superier

Exorcist: 135

Cannoness, Jump Pack, Cloak of St.Aspira, Litanies of Faith, Blessed Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Auspex: 143

cheers, Lord Anathir ~High Commander of Ulthuan~

Offline Draza

• Ancient
Re: 1k Pure Sisters - Need Some Help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 08:15:08 PM »
Cannoness, Jump Pack, Cloak of St.Aspira, Litanies of Faith, Blessed Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Auspex: 143

Few items I would consider dropping. Get rid of the auspex, I doubt it will come in handy. I would also drop the litanies of faith. Fairly expensive at this points limit. She should also have a book of St.Lucius.

Sisters Squad #1: 186
7x Bolters
2x Flamers
1x Vetaran Superier
Rhino
*Flamer can be upgraded to a heavy flamer. Rhino should have smoke launchers and extra armour. Without them they are deathtraps.

Seraphim: 199
3x Bolt Pistols
1x Flamers
1x Inferno Pistol
1x Veteran Superier, Melta Bombs, Purity Seals
Have either two inferno pistols or 2 flamers. Mixing and matching won't work too well with Seraphim. Without a second flamer, you may not get enough reasonable hits to consider divine guidance. With only 1 inferno pistol, your lowering your chances of destroying a tank.

*Lack of power weapons in the list. I definetly think the Seraphim Veteran should have a power weapon, besides that you can get away without the close combat weapons. Faith can make up the distance. The lack of books (of lucius) may hurt when your assaulted, but would be pretty hard to fit them in.

*Other than that, list looks good. Good numbers, good fire-power at range and a hard hitting element (Seraphim, Canoness and Seraphim). Have fun gaming :)

Offline Lord Anathir

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 08:42:06 PM »
Sisters Squad #1: 210
7x Bolters
1x Flamers
1x Heavy Flamer
1x Vetaran Superier, Brazier of Holy Fire
Rhino, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor

Sisters Squad #2: 200
13x Bolters
2x Storm Bolters
1x Veteran Superier

Seraphim: 201
3x Bolt Pistols
2x Flamers
1x Veteran Superier, Melta Bombs, Purity Seals, Power Weapon

Retributers: 162
4x Heavy Bolters
3x Bolters
1x Veteran Superier

Exorcist: 135

Cannoness, Jump Pack, Cloak of St.Aspira, Book of Saint Lucius, Blessed Weapon, Bolt Pistol : 121

Im 26 points over....suggestions regarding what to drop?
i added the brazier so icould have 3 flamers when i jump out of the rhino.  thax for the comment.

Offline Farseer Ulthrion

• Hello All,
  • Ancient
    • In case anyone is wondering what I do at university
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 09:14:02 AM »
The brazier is nice, but it's not really needed. I would drop that one first.

As fro the seraphim, I would switch out the book of purity seals for the st. lucius, or drop them alltogether if you wish to keep your canoness near them (although this would be a risk). The meltabombs can also be dropped if needed. They are nice, but since you need to free up points, I'd consider these.

Also, you could switch out the blessed weapon for an eviscerator for a small points break. You'll lose out on a very effective master-crafting, but you gain the ability to take down the more powerful characters as well as vehicles. It's also a viable choice in larger battles where you have the points to master-craft the eviscerator.

All in all, it looks like a very cool army!

EDIT: Another possibility (but not my favourite) would be to drop two battle sisters in the footslogging army. You could also use that to add a stormbolter to the veteran of that squad so that you can pump out 6 shots on the move.

Farseer Ulthrion
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 09:15:27 AM by Farseer Ulthrion »
"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Read about my  Daughters of the Martyred Lady (Sisters of Battle).
Check out my collection of Manga and Anime.