News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 point list for a tourny.  (Read 302 times)

Offline Shade, Bankai King

1500 point list for a tourny.
« on: February 25, 2008, 03:48:45 PM »
  Well at the end of March I am going to be in a 1500 point tournament. I have never placed above 5th in a Tournament and kinda want to get a win. So I want to field a army that can win, but still get a decent enough comp score.

HQ

Daemon Prince- Mark of Slaanesh, Wings, Lash-155pts.

Elites

5 Chaos Terminators- Reaper Autocannon, Icon of Slaanesh, Chain Fist, Champion w/ A Pair of Lightning Claws-215pts.

Troops

6 Chaos Marines- Missle Launcher-100pts.

10 Chaos Marines-Heavy Bolter-160pts.

10 Chaos Marines-Champ w/Power Fist, Meltabomb, Plasmagun, IoCG-230pts.

15 Chaos Marines-Champ w/Power Fist, Meltabomb, 2 Melta Guns, IoCG-235pts.

Heavy Support

Vindicator- Daemonic Possession-145pts.

Predator- Twin-linked Lascannon, Sponson Lascannons, Daemonic Possession-185pts.

Total-1500pts.

Well, that is the list, left over I have
2 Spawn
Terminator Lord
Lord with Lighnting Claws and Jump Pack
Another squad of Marines with Meltaguns

I have a month to get the army ready so can buy pretty much anything. There will probably be at least one player of each army. The most popular is IG. The trilas pred is built that way so can't be changed, it can be dropped, enough though I like it. I had a tourny yesterday it it always made its points back. That could be because my partner was playing Godzilla though. So what do you think? I should probably put rhinos in, but I always seem to get the squads into combat.
[CENTER

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
Re: 1500 point list for a tourny.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »
What kind of tourney is it... some tourneys heavily weight the sportsmanship and army composition.

Lash Princes are competative, but not good for army comp usually.  Just don't go trigger happy with him, you'll find out he's super fragile like that.

Termies have too many upgrades for just a 5 man squad... in the tourney scene most people have this reaction to termies like that: "free VP's"... it's either 3 man suicide squads or more than 1 squad of 5 termies IMO.

6 CSM's can't purchse a Missile launcher, they need to be 10 man sized to get one.
10 CSM's seem wasted just sitting there shooting with H. Bolter, an icon would be good too.
10 CSM's combat oriented, you don't need the melta bomb on champs, and you'd rather get 2 special weapons on them.
15 CSM's, their gear is good, but even numbers is usually good, like 14...
Vindi is good.
THe Tri-las pred is good anti-tank, but it is more expensive than in the last codex... I'm not sold on DP.... lowering the BS is not my cup of tea... but if the cost/benefit is good enough for you, go crazy with it.

Anyway, I like that you are being troop oriented... and that's what IMO, wins games.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Chaos_Wulfe

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 04:24:54 PM »
Nice army list, although your 6 man CSM squad cant have a Missile Launcher only 10+ can have it if you want to keep it at 5-6 man make it a chosen squad that can infiltrate and have the ML

Also your squad with the heavy bolter I would would get rid of the heavy bolter and make it more of an assault squad or a squad to heal with other heavy infantry/light to medium armor vehicles I would give the squad 2 plasma guns and an IoCG

Also vindicators can be hard to use if they get an armament destroyed they are useless and they only have 11 side armor so they can be destroyed fairly easily for the same cost as it you can have 2 obliterators or another predator which can have range to keep distance from its side armor and 2 obliterators can be put into single man squads and one can deepstirke to take out and enemy vehicle if the opportunity presents itself.

These are just my suggestions though.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope. -Steven Deitz

Offline Shade, Bankai King

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 06:39:20 PM »
What kind of tourney is it... some tourneys heavily weight the sportsmanship and army composition.
I know that Sportsmanship and Army Comp are seperate. Their is a prize for winning best Sportmanship, and for winning the most battles.

6 CSM's can't purchse a Missile launcher
THe Tri-las pred is good anti-tank, but it is more expensive than in the last codex... I'm not sold on DP.... lowering the BS is not my cup of tea... but if the cost/benefit is good enough for you, go crazy with it.

Ah, I over looked the whole needing 10 Marines to get a missle launcher. The DP I don't really know what to think. I haven't used it before. The last game of the other tournie my tank spent a turn stunned, which eventually led to its destruction to the tank I was trying to destroy.

[CENTER