News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2k Slaanesh Tourney army help  (Read 338 times)

Offline Tolvek

• My dog thinks he is a Chaos Spawn.
2k Slaanesh Tourney army help
« on: December 26, 2007, 04:44:34 AM »
My local gaming club is holding a 2k all comer tourney this weekend and I am looking for some advice.  I know the following armies are in: Eldar (Bel'tain mech like), Tyranid (swarm tactic), Ultra-Marines (take and hold mech), Imperial guard (massive infantry), and Tau (mix of everything really).  My list is the following:

HQ- Chaos Sorcerer
    Wings, MoS, LoS

Elite-Terminators x6
    IoS, RAC, Combi melta x2, Combi Plasma x2, Champ upgrade for one with LC pair

2 Troop- CSM x10
   IoS, 2 Meltagun, Champ upgrade with power weapon and Plasma pistol, Rhino

2 Troop- Noise Marines x8
   Blastmaster, Sonic Blaster x7

Fast Attack- Raptors x9
   IoS, 2 Meltagun, Champ upgrade with LC pair

This amounts to 1675 (roughly) so I was trying to figure out what to add in for the last 325 points.  I was thinking 3 Obliterators and a AC/HB predator would be a nice addition but also think another raptor squad would be nice as well.  I welcome any suggestions.

Offline Wuestenfux

• Veteran Force Commander
  • Ancient
  • Calculator of Off-Chances
Re: 2k Slaanesh Tourney army help
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 04:52:32 AM »
Elite-Terminators x6
    IoS, RAC, Combi melta x2, Combi Plasma x2, Champ upgrade for one with LC pair
Just combi-weapons, you can disclose the combi type before shooting.

I was thinking 3 Obliterators and a AC/HB predator [/quote
This is what I would do, too. Against mech armies you need some long range armour piercing weapons.

Offline OrionKale

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 02:09:27 PM »
For you CSMs, I highly suggest taking a power fist instead of a power weapon. It's a better deal for when you get into those pesky Close Combats. Also, drop the Plasma Pistol. It's not worth it when you're expensive champion gets blasted away because of a couple bad rolls.

First off, bump that last Raptor squad to a total of 10 people. And I knooow you want to keep it fluffy... but they would really benefit from the IoK over Slaanesh imo. The Termies could be upgraded with a power fist or two...

In an Obliterator squad, 2 is generally best. And that Predator would really help you out. This seems like a good list - a tyranid swarm would be pretty difficult to destroy. That Predator should solve that, but if it doesn't get into a good spot, or it gets destroyed off the bat... you're going to have some hard times ahead of you.
-Glory to my dear grandfather...

Offline tzeentchling

• Infinity Circuit
  • Cthulhu for Pres! Why vote for the lesser evil?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 02:18:53 PM »
As OrionKale said, the powerfists are probably more worth it than the power weapon - the rest of the squad can strike first at initiative, but the fist is there to handle T4 ICs, vehicles, and Monstrous Creatures.  Likewise, plasma pistols are too expensive for mostly one-shot weapons, especially weapons that have a chance of killing you.  Taking the extra Raptor would probably be a good idea too.  Extra armor on the Rhinos could be vital, but it depends how you plan on using them.

I'd definitely put in a couple of vehicles of some kind, to take the anti-armor firepower off of your Rhinos.  Perhaps a pair of Predators, twin-Las/HB or AC/HB?  Then an Obliterator could be a nice deep-stike weapon, or a lone lascannon sniper.
"Every intelligent person, as you know, dreams of being a gangster and of ruling over society by force alone" - Albert Camus

My eldar record in 5th Edition: 3W-1D-1L (12/6/08)

Tactical Guide to CSM: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=148628.0