News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New chaos army  (Read 304 times)

Offline Hashulaman

New chaos army
« on: December 25, 2007, 02:21:55 AM »
Well for Christmas this year I got the CHaos army kit, so addint from what i already have now my army is as follows.

1 Terminator Lord (do not know if it could be sorcerer)

1 lord in Power armor

5 terminators

15 Csm

10 CSm all bolters.

10 possesed Marines

8 berserkers.

7 plague marines.

2 Spawn

1 defiler

1 predator.

I havent assemlbed to army yet, so id like to know what options to give these units, save the all bolter CSM, predator and Plague marines as they are already assembled. Same for marks.

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
Re: New chaos army
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 11:20:48 AM »
I guess the most important question is...

What do you want to end with:

Close combat, shooting, or balanced force?

You've got alot of troops to make the most out of them, leave the flashy units for last, troops should be considered first.

Have a look through the codex, and decide on a points limit for games and make a preliminary list.  The stuff you have there is enough for 1500 with no upgrades or special gear... so you are looking at a 1750 or 1850 list.

Hope it helps, and yes: Help us to Help you with a list based on what you have.

My 2 Cents,
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline OrionKale

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 12:25:57 PM »
So far, your list looks like it would do well with Plague Marines and Berserkers in cc, with backup from the Space Marines with bolter fire. Defilers... generally do better in close combat, and you're really going to have to read up and decide a strategy with the Predator.

You can go ahead and build your spawns, they don't exactly get anything special as it is. Also, it's really simple to detach a bolter. So, if you wanted to give them any special weapons, all is not lost!

For the rest.. As Sanctjud said, you've got to make a decision of what type of army you want. From the looks of it [And IMO], it looks like you've got an army ready for close combat, and ranged shooting. You have enough Terminators to really do some damage, Plague Marines have blight grenades, which come in handy when you're being assaulted, and berserkers are built for cc! The Predator could provide backup from a long range, and the defiler could run up and punch stuff.
-Glory to my dear grandfather...

Offline tzeentchling

• Infinity Circuit
  • Cthulhu for Pres! Why vote for the lesser evil?
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
It's a good start for a list, probably about 1500 points or so.  You have enough for a couple of strong tactical squads, perhaps even 3 if you added some champions or special weapons.  It might also be a good idea to eventually invest in a few Rhinos for the army to give it more mobility. 

General upgrades - the CSM should be given either 2 special weapons or a special and a heavy weapon, and ideally a Champion with a powerfist.  Same with the Nurgle Marines.  The terminators can really be given any combination of weapons you prefer, there's no real best configuration, but you'll discover during play.  For the Lord and Sorcerer options, look in our thread "A Tactical Guide to Chaos."
"Every intelligent person, as you know, dreams of being a gangster and of ruling over society by force alone" - Albert Camus

My eldar record in 5th Edition: 3W-1D-1L (12/6/08)

Tactical Guide to CSM: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=148628.0