News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid Vs GML 1500pts Blood Angels vs Harlequins  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Killersquid Vs GML 1500pts Blood Angels vs Harlequins
« on: April 12, 2015, 09:58:32 PM »
My list

Combined Arms detachment
Dante
Mephiston
Furioso dread
5 cameo sniper scout tactical squad
X10 w/ meltagun, heavy flamer and sgt. w/ combi-melta and drop pod with deathwind launcher
Assault squad
X10, x2 hand flamers, vet sgt w/powerfist and rhino
Death company
X8, jump packs, x1 powerfist, x1 thunder hammer
Storm Raven w/twin-linked lascannon and multimelta

His

Ceograch Revenge Formation
Solitare
X3 lv2 shadowseers
X3 death jesters
X3 10 man harlequin troupes. Each one is fully equiped with either caress, kiss or embrace (one type per squad)
X2 2 man skyweaver squads with haywire and zeyprblades
Voidbringer with haywire cannon

Mission was Malstrom mission #6, so we start with 6 objectives and each turn our maximum number of objectives is reduced by 1 (to minimum of 1)

I won the roll to go first. I deployed my death company with dante not too far forward in my deployment zone on one objective and within range of two more on GML's side of the table on the left side of the table. My assault squad, mephiston and Dread all deployed in the storm raven, the rhino I kept in reserve and the scout infiltrated near the center-ish of the table on an objective. The Assault squad, and the tactical squad combat squaded.

He deployed as far forward as he could. Jester and shadowseer in each troupe and the vehicles on my right, and the solitare on my left.

Turn 1

My drop pod came down on one objective on my left on his end of the table. My tactical squads deployed away from the harlequins and on other objectives with Dante and the Death Company jumping behind them.

Shooting has the Deathwind Launcher kill a harlequin or two, while the sniper scouts pin the Harlequin squad with Caresses (huzzah)

In his turn, his haywire guns take a hullpoint off the drop pod, while one of the shadowseers casts the reverse invisibility on my death company squad (veil of tears on all his squads too). The squad with Embraces charges one five man tactical squad (wiping them out), while the Solitare kills a couple of the other squad.  I think GML's objectives were things like capture the objective my scouts hold and to kill a character (among other things he couldn't accomplish, as my drop pod's ob-sec prevented him from holding an objective)

Turn 2.

All my reserves come in! (yay)

My new objectives are to kill a unit with jump pack troops/skimmers/flyers and bonus points if it was the turn they arrived from reserves and to capture some easy to find objectives.

Snipers take a wound off one of the skyweaver squads, while the storm ravens shots kills one skyweaver...Damn inv. Saves :(

Deathwind launcher wounds a death jester, or something. My rhino drives onto the table capturing an objective and earning me a point :)

In assault, Dante charges the solitare and the Death Company charges the Embrace harlequin squad. Death Company kills the harlequin squad, even with hitting on 6's, due to hammer of wrath and oodles of attacks.

Dante fails to wound the Solitare, who takes a wound in return. I fail a morale check on Dante (which earns GML an objective point) and the solitare hit and runs away.

In GML's turn, he shoots and charges the sniper scouts with his two-man bike squad, which results in the scouts killing the wounded bike and a couple of scouts dying. The solo bike, fails to damage the drop pod.

The solitare kills off the last of my tactical marines and claims the objective they were camping on. One solitare forgets a psychic power and take a wound from perils of the warp.

His two other harlequin troupes wipe out my death company handily.

I think GML claimed a couple of points this turn.

Turn 3

I need to now (in addition to some other things), need to reveal all the mysteries of the objectives and kill a psyker.

Storm raven vomits it's cargo. Mephiston and one demi-assault squad with the Furioso against the harlequin kiss squad, while the demi-squad with the sergeant and dante go after the caress squad. I kill loads of harlequins with pistol and deathwind launcher shots. Combat is fairly meh for me. I loose almost all my assault marines (only two left with mephiston, who eats a wound himself). I kill maybe five harlequins top. But, I killed the last of his Troupe masters in challenges. The solo skyweaver is shot dead by deathwind launcher shots (or something like that).

*Note, all the death jesters are running solo by this point and are not in combat

The storm raven shoots dead the voidbringer, while the sniper scouts wound the skyweaver and loose one scout in return.

His caress squad flee dante, but the kiss squad fails to hit and run.

In his turn, the caress squad shadowseer rolls a 6 on the perils table, so goes hulk. All the death jesters shoot into the drop pod, failing to damage it.

The caress squad charges into the furioso dread, which apparently doesn't like receiving multiple S6 AP2 armourbane hits. However, the exploding dread kills a half-dozen harlequins.

Turn 4.

The scouts finally kill the bike they are in combat with. Storm raven goes to reveal the last mysterious objective (which nets me a point). The Rhino's storm bolter guns down the solitare. Dante charges in to save Mephiston. However, mephiston still dies and but Dante kills a shadowseer in combat (not the super one).

GML hits and runs out of combat.

Death Jesters keep failing to take the last hull point off the drop pod. The surviving shadowseer and troupe flee into some ruins.

Turn 5

In turn 4 and 5 I gained a bunch of points for capturing the scouts objective (twice), killing a psyker and revealing all the mysterious objectives.

Dante, scouts and the deathwind launcher kill two death jesters.

In GML's turn, the Death Jester finally kills the drop pod.

And the game ended naturally here.

I think the final score for objective was something like 16-12 in my favour.

This was my first games against harlequins, and they are fairly terrifying in combat. Blast weapons, hammer of wrath and explosions however are really effective against them. The re-rolling 1's was super annoying with the shadowseer, but saw limited effectiveness with the other units in the army.

He also a serious weakness to flyers. All his anti-tank guns were blast weapons, so he really couldn't hurt my stormraven and once I went to hover to deploy my assault units, he had no haywire left.

Objective secured was also really handy. This allowed my scouts, drop pod and even two tactical marines really important for me (and annoying for GML). The drop pod and scouts both blocked objectives he needed, but because he had no ob-sec units, I had dominance on those objective points.

I feel I made a mistake getting my death company killed so easily, just to kill the remnants of a squad lacking power weapons. Overall, I was really happy with my list.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Online Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Killersquid Vs GML 1500pts Blood Angels vs Harlequins
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 10:05:38 AM »
I'm glad to see that it's not just me who cannot beat your Blood Angels ;).  Your force was different this time, but it was still pretty fearsome.

The game reminded me of a Rogue Trader/second edition game, in view of the size of the forces, and the fact that this was the first time I've seen a pure Harlequin army in action for years.  They look quite interesting to play, although they'd be too much of a glass cannon for my tastes I think.

Thanks for the report :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »
Let's not just attribute it to his Blood Angels.  I am going to take some credit in that it was my 4th or 5th game with Harlequins and the army is a lot harder to play than it looks like.  Also, I had some pretty atrocious rolls in this game.

Yeah... yeah that's it!

I'd be interested to see how my Dark Angels would do against this list.  Either my Deathwing or Ravenwing.  I think both could give him a better run for his money!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 05:18:09 PM »
Well then guy's the salt have been thrown, I will concider this a challenge from GML to Killersquid, i shall therefore suggest you to settle this on the battlefield in a bloddy massacre in beetween space marines former allies that now fight each other for glory alone! I shall ask irisado of of woild like to do the refere as he seems close by (i don't know thought). I shall ask the two gentleman that are the object of this duel to tell us if they are whilling to give it a try.

;) well just saying i want to see a rematch ^^

Ty for the battle report, it's intresting to see the harlequins in action and the same goes for the blood angels. It tells me a bit more about each faction. As an eldar player facing blood angels from times to times it's defenetly intresting to see.
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 05:18:58 PM »
Killersquid and I both live in Canada.   Irisado lives in the UK.   Squiddy took a trip there a few years ago.  So no, we do not a live near Irisado lol.  And arranging a game between us takes effort because he lives about 3 hours away.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 05:33:23 PM »
Arf damn it>< and i was getting all fired up ... well we shall see a rematch some day, may it be in a month a year or a decade a rematch will surely happen at some point^^ can't you guy's reserve a table in a games workshop in the middle of the road?  Like 1h and an half of travel each? Jokes don't  do it ;)

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 05:53:21 PM »
This game was a rematch from a few years ago.  I convinced him to come down to a local tournament and arranged it that we play the first round against each other.  I had my Deathwing against his Chaos with a crap ton of Spawn.  I some how managed to win with a single model left on the board.  And this was with the previous version of the codex before it became really dated.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 06:00:10 PM »
Heeeee then it's 1-1 ... ... there is an additional match needed in there :D so you had deathwing vs chaos, and harlquins vs blood angel i suggest IG vs tau for the next game is that possible? Or tyranide vs something or ork vs something i don't know your army but i think you should try to do different match up again next time^^ will be looking forward to see this and with a bit of luck if it's in more than 2 years i might be able to see it with my own eyes^^ would be nice if i could get a job in c
Canada ^^

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 06:06:25 PM »
I used spawn before they were good, and I could take unlimited numbers of them! :D

I'll play GML again at some point. His game store is way nicer then the one I normally play at. I had some really nice luck in the game and he did have some less good luck. But it was a bit back and forth. I also had really easy objectives and his were a lot harder to get. The only objective I drew that I couldn't claim the turn I revealed it was to kill a flyer, basically.

I'll test my Blood Angels against the Dark Angels though, I'd be curious to see how my army fairs. GML is a fun guy to play against, so that'll be fun.

I'd be all for playing Irisado again, he should come visit me here next time though. It's only fair ;)

Heeeee then it's 1-1 ... ... there is an additional match needed in there :D so you had deathwing vs chaos, and harlquins vs blood angel i suggest IG vs tau for the next game is that possible? Or tyranide vs something or ork vs something i don't know your army but i think you should try to do different match up again next time^^ will be looking forward to see this and with a bit of luck if it's in more than 2 years i might be able to see it with my own eyes^^ would be nice if i could get a job in c
Canada ^^

If you can make it down to Canada, let us know. We are both in Ontario. It's no small province, but it's possible. I only really have blood angels right now (sold off my Chaos), but I am working on a harlequin army of my own. So, it'll most likely be either my blood angels or harlequins I play with. I don't think I'll expand from those two any time soon.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 01:11:22 AM »
Well you have two years ahead of you normally as I have 2 years left in school at best i will have an intership next year. will look onto this when i start to look for internship/job i will be sure to let ylu know if this hapmen but it's all hypothetical right now.

Offline Calindor

• Maybe yes, maybe no
  • Armies: Corsairs, Space marines, Chaos daemons of Nurgle
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 01:58:32 PM »
Thanks for a good report :)