News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Re-doing the Zeonic Guard (Intro and Commissar Demolisher shown)  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
In everyone’s life, we have to make choices that will impact us in some shape, way or form. This weekend while I was out of town, I made one while thinking while doing some plastic cup politics (if you are a LTJ fan, you will get this). Dump my girlfriend? No. Should I sell my motorcycle and or car? No. Should I not go into the Army? No. You might ask “what is it then?” My answer is:

Going to stop painting my Trench Rats and re-do my Zeonic Guard.

In the followings pics, you should understand why. Plus I don’t have the money to buy a whole new army from scratch. So the Rats will have to wait till later.

In my defense, I painted these guys about 5 years ago when I just slapped a few coats of paint on then tossed them on the board. Hell, I didn’t even prime 95% of them.

During those 5 years of starting 40k to this present time, I have learned a lot of new stuff. Highlighting cloth,  small amount of GS working, and how to use an airbrush. Now its time to put this knowledge to good use!

I have thought up a few camo patterns for my troops and tanks. This is going to a urban/woods army. Sounds like an combo but it will work out. You will see hopefully soon.

Right now, this is one of the camo patterns I will be doing on my tanks:

I am going to strip this and re-do using my airbrush so the lines will be neater because I did these by hand and they are taking WAY to long to do. But I am pleased with how it came out. I will be adding camo netting and other cool stuff to these tanks. Just as a note, this army has a tie in with all of those posts about German Armour that I have done on 40k ;)

By the way, this is going to be my Commissar Demolisher tank for my Zeonic Armour Company. It will also be a Demolisher in regular games. Any who, this is what I got so far for it:

I will be making/buying a full tank crew for each tank that I have becuase my gaming buddy lets me use escape hatches still. Here are a few still in the blister. Will be getting the rest at the next bitz trade. :D

This will be more up to date than my Trench Rats blog. In my next blog segment, I will most likey show some test patterns on some plastic card for my tanks and maybe a few test models.

Till then,

Seig Zeon!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:17:32 PM by Catachan Devil Sniper »
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts