News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 6th edition Ork Lists...  (Read 13233 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: 6th edition Ork Lists...
« Reply #20 on: August 2, 2012, 01:52:12 PM »
I stand corrected... Good times...!

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline toxo

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #21 on: August 6, 2012, 07:07:59 AM »
dont have a list at the moment as i am still fine tuning what works well and what dosnt.

some things good units i have found so far is as so...

14 lootas in a basic battle wagon with 1 mech.
 work really well. the av14 wagon protects the lootas from shooting and the lootas with there over watch protect the wagon from assault. this unit really is the best shooty unit in the game at the moment and the mech can repair hull points stopping your wagon getting clanced to death.

basic nob bikers with just a painboy ungrade.
still working out how many to take but they work really well with there precision shot and twin linked dakka gunz to ride around taking out specific models. such as the sargeant, flamer ect out of tactical squads. there not to expsensive without all the upgrades and are tough enough to be taken in smaller units.

large shoota mobs.
30 shoota boyz with 3 big shootas and nob with boss pole and big choppa. the new overwatch rule makes these boyz one of the best troop choices in the game imo.

storm boyz.
now that you can charge 2d6 on top of the rokkit pack rule means these boyz can get into combat alot quicker making them more viable.taking large squads of 20 means ork players can take a huge advantage of  the hammer of wrath.

killa kanz
these are about the same imo.  the new hull point system makes them softer but the new vehicle squadron rules makes them harder.

my overall experience is to tool everything up for dakka and let the orks natural talent for close combat look after itself.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #22 on: August 6, 2012, 08:53:22 AM »
Some interesting obsevations...  We are seeing a lot of the same things...  The have always been about firepower...  Now, since we can also fire in the enemies phase with overwatch, we avoid the "we must always assault" idea.  Since orks fire so much dakka and our bs is so low to begin with, the overwatch rule doesn't really hurt our shooting too much!

Adam

Offline toxo

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #23 on: August 6, 2012, 11:26:09 AM »
Some interesting obsevations...  We are seeing a lot of the same things...  The have always been about firepower...  Now, since we can also fire in the enemies phase with overwatch, we avoid the "we must always assault" idea.  Since orks fire so much dakka and our bs is so low to begin with, the overwatch rule doesn't really hurt our shooting too much!

Adam

The biggest problem for ork players in 5th was always dealing with loads of mech now its much easier with the new hull point system to just glance things to death aswell as hitting vehicles in close combat being easier aswell.

i suspect that we will be seeing few transports and people putting  the points into ap2 shooty stuff like plasma guns and cannons to deal with all the terminators that will start popping up in list due to power weapons getting nurfed and that will be good for ork players as ap2 weapons dont really make much difference to ork players and we have always delt with termys by making them roll lots of 1.
so essentially the orks biggest weakness (dealing with mech) is not a problem anymore and we have got a massive boost with both overwatch and snapfire.

Having a low bs and loads of options for twin linked weapons is another big advantage as it allows you more chances to roll 6's in overwatch and snap fire.

I saw in the Forgeworld FAQs that you can take the dread mob as an allied contingent and they're battle brothers :) :http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/a/allies.pdf

and here are the dred mob rules via games workshop website! http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1230512a_Ork_Datasheet_-_Dred_Mob
« Last Edit: August 6, 2012, 11:52:23 AM by Changeyname »

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
« Reply #24 on: August 6, 2012, 11:54:51 AM »
OK #1 [mod]PLease don't double post - use the MODIFY button in future - Changeyname[/mod]

#2 The Dreadmob they're referring to is a full army list from one of the Imperial Armour books
That link is to the Datasheet needed to run an Apocalypse formation - not the same thing ;)
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »
Here is my current list that is going fairly well, with a record of 2-1-1 (I can't believe the necrons had more objectives than the orks, but the orks didn't lose as both his commanders were dead so there were no witnesses to say different. )

BIG MEK; Heavy, Cybork,Kustom Force Field, BP, Burna

TROOPS
1: 12 BOYS; Shootas, 1 big shoota, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.
 TRUKK; Red Paint, ram, Plank
2: 12 BOYS; Shootas, 1 big shoota, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.
 TRUKK; Red Paint ram, Plank
3: 12 BOYS; Shootas, 1 big shoota, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.
 TRUKK; Red Paint, ram, Plank
4: 12 BOYS; Shootas, 1 big shoota, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.
 TRUKK; Red Paint ram, Plank

FAST
1:  The Green Baron
2:  Dakka Jet, 3 Twin Link supa shootas, Ace
3:  Burna Bomma, 4 skorcha missiles

ELITE
1: 15 Burna Boys, three are meks
2: 15 Tank Bustas, nob with tank hammer and boss pole

HEAVY:
1: Battle Wagon; red paint, grot rigger, Deff Rolla, armor, 2 big shootas
2: Battle Wagon; red paint, grot rigger, Deff Rolla, armor, 2 big shootas
3: Two Gun trucks with flakka guns
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline edamame

• <3
  • Armies: Eldar & Greenskins
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »
I've gone 3-0 in 6th edition with this 1000 point list so far and I haven't run into anything that I don't think I can't handle. The amazing thing is that my Warboss has killed a total of 0 units in those matches. Reliance on Boyz and massed Kannon/Loota is incredibly favourable in 6th edition assuming you play a game of attrition (i.e. playing defensively and focus-firing scoring units) for the following reasons:

1. The elimination of fearless wounds and introduction of Snap Fire makes Ork Boyz the most effective tarpit unit in the game.
2. Big Gunz are amazing now that grot crews effectively almost have the toughness and save of a Carnifex (lolololol). More than anything, however, is the ability to lay down 9 blast templates with rerolls. If you drop enough of these, any infantry other than Plague marines will slowly, but surely, evaporate.
3. Most people aren't fans of Deffkoptas, but they're simply our most effective unit for distracting both gunline and advancing armies. Jink and new rules for X(Y) toughness and regrouping makes them a pain to deal with. And in a Gunline/Green Tide army, predictability is a major weakness that this unit readily addresses.
4. Lootas. Lootas. Lootas.

Warboss [PK, 'eavy armour, cybork]
20 Ork Boyz [Nob, big choppa]
20 Ork Boyz [Nob, big choppa]
17 Ork Boyz
14 Lootas
3 Deffkoptas
3 Kannons [3 ammo runts]
3 Kannons [3 ammo runts]
3 Kannons [2 ammo runts]

Offline toxo

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 07:05:02 AM »
im gonna give that list a try edamame
 ;)

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 05:19:03 PM »
I agree...  I think Edamame's list is simple, yet effective...  There will be games when a footslogging force will get gunned down...  But everytime, they will have to work for it!  Besides, if they are shooting at the boyz, they are totally missing the more threatening ranged stuff in the list...

Adam