News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: BHD mission  (Read 351 times)

Offline franklin_d23

• -franklin_d23-
    • My 40k Site
BHD mission
« on: February 24, 2003, 03:31:19 AM »
    hey i was just thinking of making a scenariomimicking the battle of the black sea(black hawk down): here's an overview:

Scenario: You must storm and assassinite designated clan leader, or other important person, but surviving is main priotrity. before game begins, attackers decides the table edge they are to retreat to once VIP is dead.

Force A (attacker)
2 players,
each team gets 2 maxed out troops of the same type
e.g. 24 fire warriors. each put in designated spot at least 24" away from target building. these 2 squads may be split away from each other as player wishes,
e.g. 8 FW go north, 4 hold wall position.

Force B (defender)
2 players
decides which model is target clan leader, and target building.
gets a max of 10 squads of 5 people, spread atop rooftops and alleys.
defender cannot go into close combat with attacker.
defender may only attack or move towards attacker if that model has seen an attacker model move by or has heard shot that were 12" away. (whole 10 squads cannot move towards attacker, they don't know the location).

board is set up as a city with rectangular and square buildings, that may or may not be entered. table shout be as large as players wish, but no smaller than 48" by 48"

if target VIP is assassinited, attacker must get all surviving models back to the designated table edge.after turn 2, a vehicle is placed in an open area and is labelled chrash site A. after turn 5, another vehicle is placed in an alley and labelled crash site B. the attacker then(after turn 2 and 5) has the choice to abandon the VIP and guard the crash sites. If he does, he must have at least 4 models within 8" of the crashed vehicle for at least 2 turns for crash site A, 3 turns for crash site B.Models within 4" of a crash site get a 4+ cover save.
the defender may move his models towards the crash sites at any time.game lasts until one of the objectives is fulfilled or until the defender kills all of the attacker.
Defender's leadership is 11
Attacker's leadership is 9
================================

that's it. any constructive critisicism is is appreaciated.
(and mods sorry i didn't know where this post goes so  i won't surprised if you move it)

Offline Blackhawk

• I love your mercury smile, keeps me outta line
Re:BHD mission
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 11:42:24 PM »
I really like this! But just one thing: I think you need to be more specific about the races. Races have such varying basic squads that it can get really uneven. I think that although it would make it inflexible, you should provide specific race based descriptions.

But first impressions: it's good.
'A wall is a wall is a wall'

Offline franklin_d23

• -franklin_d23-
    • My 40k Site
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 03:57:57 AM »
hhm true, haveing orks as the attacker would end pretty fast lol.

Offline Sr. Commissar Gribb

• Senior Commissar
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Whoa! What's this guy doing on here?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 05:20:08 AM »
tallarns :)

real light with genestealer cult vehicles
"The Old Guard" of 40kO

The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.