News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Febuwaaaghry Modeling Contest.  (Read 2390 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Febuwaaaghry Modeling Contest.
« on: February 2, 2016, 09:35:43 AM »
Right then, it is Febuwaaaghry, and time to get your armies growing and show off your skills at orkyness.

This month we are having a modeling contest. Here are the rules:

1. it has to be a unit or model from the ork codex, and/or the one of the various Forge World books (IA8 comes to mind) or the ork codex supplement.

2. Start a seperate thread and post your pictures of your model there. When you get your model(s) pictures posted there, post a link in this thread so I can go find it and get your teef put in your bank account.

3. The winner will be announced after Febuwaaghry is over and I con somebody get someone to help judge the entries so that I am not the automatic winner.

Now, lets get stuck in... Waaaaaaaaagggggghhh h!!!!

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: Febuwaaaghry Modeling Contest.
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2016, 01:16:38 PM »
Excellent, I just found a dinosaur model that's begging for the Squiggoth Treatment!

The WiP thread we create for our individual entries in this contest should probably go into the Coversions board of the forum.  Doing so might break some of us out of our forum agoraphobia (always a good thing), and increases the chances for feedback on our individual projects from a wider audience pool.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline AndreSTL

• Armies: GOFFS! BAD MOONZ! Tallarn/Cadian IG, White Scars
« Reply #2 on: February 7, 2016, 11:04:07 AM »
Good Day All!

This is my submission for the FebuWAAAAGHRY Modeling contest! I hope you enjoy and perhaps learn a little tip or two!

Scratch build / Kit Bash Dakka jet WIP - Lots of pics

SKEETERGOD, I hoping you really like it, cause its fast!

Cheers!

Andre
Doesn't Ally well with others...

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 09:40:01 AM »
With great regret I must announce that I will not have an entry for this contest. Real life got in the way... Sure it would be nice to report that aliens kidnapped my project, or something to that effect, alas, it was/is house repairs that have eaten all my spare time.

So, that means I won't be the automatic winner  :'(

As for the rest of you: AnreSTL's entry will be hard to beat, but at least you can try to compete.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 04:54:25 PM »
It won't just be AndreSTL with an entry, but I think he totally should win.  I mean err here's my entry!

Big Squiggoth Febuwaaaghry Contest Entry

Converted up, painted up, and I've got plans for a scenario game for that squiggoth I'll be writing up in the next couple days.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 09:07:09 AM »
Well then, all you survivors. The contest is now closed. I extended Febuwaaghry an additional month, and thats about as far as it stretches.

So, without voting I declare the winners to be: (in alphabetic order)
AndreSTL
OD from TV

Congrats to the two winners, both of you will see a big bag of teef in your bank account when the next update gets posted.