News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 3 Cheers for Iyanden!  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Biel-Tan

• Mon-keigh have no place with us, except 6ft under
    • Xhadow.org
3 Cheers for Iyanden!
« on: April 19, 2005, 01:08:51 PM »
Allrighy folks, I Biel-Tan , Decidied i have had enough of myself for awhile. So On the last RT i played, i fielded my Iyanden army.

Rogue Trader - 1500 pts
Iyanden Army that I played with:

Farseer
-Helm
-Witchblade /w pistol
-Runes of Witnessing / Warding
-Eldritch Storm / Fortune
-Spirit Stones

WraithGuard x 7
Warlock
-Enhance
-WitchBlade /w Pistol

WraithGuard x 7
Warlock
-Enhance
-WitchBlade /w Pistol

WraithGuard x 8
Warlock
-Conceal
-WitchBlade /w Pistol

WraithLord x 2
-Starcannons

Striking Scorpions x 7
Exarch
-Claw
-Crushing Blow
-Stealth

1st game: Rescue
vs Black Templar
I started off with almost everything on the board. During the game i had lost a total of 7 Wraithguard. I had killed a total of 2 Dreadnaught, 23 marines, Land Raider. He had an Emperors Champ,Chaplin and a tac squad left. All the counters near my where not the objectve. The one in  his deployment zone was. I Lost. I was not able to travese the board fast enough to get to it. Luck kicked me in the butt.

2nd game:Take and Hold
vs Imperial Fists
Once again, I started with everything on the board. I killed 4 droppods,  2 Dreadnaughts, 10 Assult marines, Chaplin,  Chaptermaster, Devestator Squad. and 20 or so marines. End Game -  He had nothing left on the board. I took the objective by default. The Chaplin and his assult squad where killed by scorpions. The Chapter Master was sucked into the warp (Instant Death). - I won,Luck liked me or so i thought.

3rd game:Cleanse
vs Alaitoc Eldar
This Eldar player, was not at all playing in the spirit of the game. Simply min maxed out. which is fine, he payed the points. However this was not the army i could take on. 8 Man Warpspider with exarch (maxed out) , 5 man scorpion with exarch (maxed out), 2 man reaper squad with exarch (Fast shot Missle Launcher), 16 Man Guardian squad with warlock(2xCCW) and brightlance, 1Seer Concil (Warlock and Farseer), 5 Pathfinders, 3 x 3 Man squads of rangers, Wraithlord and a Fire Prisim. Neeless to say, What I could get in range for died. The Sniper Fire just ate me up. Only Up note is, a single Wraithguard, Lost his squad, then shot, assulted, and ran down the 16 man guardian squad. the same Wraithguard /w Farseer help, ran down his seer concil. Finally, The Farseer (fortuned) Asorbed fire from a Fire Prisim, Warp Spiders, All the Snipers, Dark Reapers. and then was beaten down by spiders. Overall I was wiped out. But it was fun to just see the look on the kids face. hehe.

To Acess the complete and detailed Battle Report please go to 40k.xhadow.org we will have them all up shortly
Overall I was thrilled at their performance, I just hope I can Field all 40+ wraithguard i own, with their older cousins. But that is for another time, Questions or Comments please post if you would liek more detailed account.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 01:15:47 PM by Biel-Tan »
"We have 3 orbital batteries, a pair of laser platforms and thirty five thousand square kilometres of minefield. I think we're safe enough."
Last words of Golam, PDF commander, Escallio II. Attacked by Eldar 145.M41.

Offline DarkArchite

• My future ex-wife
Re: 3 Cheers for Iyanden!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 11:14:37 PM »
Good to see you enjoyed yourself.  All I can say is that it is an extremely unique list, which isn't bad.  I kinda like it.  Except I would absolutely try and fit in 2 Vypers with BL's for speed and ranged tank-killing-goodness.
The 2 most abundant resources in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity!!

Offline Draza

• Ancient
Re: 3 Cheers for Iyanden!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 05:25:48 AM »
First thing I noticed about your list was how slow it was. Wraithguard can more than make up for that though. The fact you killed so much is also awesome. Whats more amazing is that you collect Biel-Tan (mainly tanks, expensive blisters) and still have enough money for $40 Wraithguard. That is unbelievable. Anyway, the army sounded cool to use. If Wraithguard go the way of Terminators (plastic box sets), then Iyaden will definetly be a more popular army. Looking forward to your web-site posting battle reports