News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequins vs Lyaiden  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Harlequins vs Lyaiden
« on: January 28, 2005, 11:03:27 PM »
i played a game today. 1000pts harlequin assult.

i had
shadowseer
solitare
2 EML DJ's
1 BL DJ
x2 6 man toupes with squad leaders and kiss and powersword
x2 venoms with holo feild and Shurkein cannon

lyaiden dude had
1 farseer
3 warlocks
x2 10 man  wraithgaurd squads
1 wraithlord with scatter laser

turn 1

harrlys
i had the characters in venoms . raced one around a forest 24'' to the long table edge the lyaiden amry deployed on the other venom with the solitare went infont of a forrest preventing LOS to it from the wraith constructs. my 2 Death jesters with EMLS are forced to move to get LOS past the forrest protecting the 2nd venom.
the death jester fires his BL and succeds at doing nothing.

lyaiden
he moves the wraithlod out of LOS of my EML carring death jesters and the wraith gaurd advance with the farseer(who has 1 warlock other 2 in wraithgaurd units).
the furthest forward. the wraithlord now in LOS of the 2nd venom fires its scatter laser destroying the surkien cannon.

Turn 2

Harlequins
the venom moves further toward the center of the table preventing LOS to it from the wraithlord. the other venom skims 12'' toward the lyaiden foce disembarking the shadowseer and a squad of harrlies who FoF 4''. one DJ with EML moves towad center of table for better fireing potential. the other fires a palsma round at the most forward wraithgaurd squad killing 3.the shadowseer and pals charge the farseer and his one warlock the seer suffers a wound from the shadowseers riveblade and the warlock suffers a wound from a kiss shreding it to peices. and the harlly suffer a causilty from the farseer.

Lyaiden
the wraithlord moves toward the assult. the most forward wraithguard squad moves forward and now within range of the still full venom open fire with the wraith cannons 
immobilzing it. killing half the harlequin squad and entaglling the solitare and the remaining 3 harlequins.the 2nd wraithgard squad and wraithlord attempt to charge the shadowseer and plas but they fail the misdirection tests. the shadow seer wound the farseer and (with  a roll of 6 on my part )disembowls th farseer and scoring a major victoy for the harlequins!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Draza

• Ancient
Re: Harlequins vs Lyaiden
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 05:34:43 AM »
Is there a mission objective I missed, because from what I can see of this battle, he has like over 15 wraithguard, a wraithlord and several of your units have been entangled. Was this mission based just on killing the Farseer

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 09:10:02 AM »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline WraithBlade

• The dead know no fear
« Reply #3 on: February 7, 2005, 10:53:28 PM »
Not to nit pic but it's Iyanden, not Layiden.  Unless that is a "sister" craftworld mabye?  ;D
"Hey Napoleon, what are you going to do today?"  "Whatever I fell like doing, GOSH!"

Offline Wraithlord Saunders

• "Thinks he's got the whole world at his feet."
« Reply #4 on: February 8, 2005, 08:12:32 PM »
and Iyanden VS Harlequins is... suicide  :o
The Infinity Circuit does not keep me from my duties.  My brethren...

Offline Gor

• Eye see all.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 12:12:26 AM »
 I think you could of wrote it better, and I thought it has to not fit on one page?
"I will never forget what I saw at Obsidian Station. The bones of five thousand brave men lay scattered about the winding corridors. Their blood was slick upon the walls and floors of the dormitories. Their innards were hung from the control panels like grotesque decorations of some insane celebration. But not a single skull was to be found; taken as sick tropies by these dispecable attackers."
Inquistor Absolvus