News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Propaganda Posters  (Read 5631 times)

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
Propaganda Posters
« on: April 2, 2013, 09:44:21 AM »
I am currently collecting scenery for a city-themed board, consisting of buildings from the Imperial Sector box set and fortifications from the Imperial Strongpoint box set.  The battlefield is supposed to represent an Imperial city at some point during a Tau invasion, which gave me the idea of putting together a few propaganda posters for both sides to liven up the various flat surfaces.

NB.  Images used to produce these posters are copyright Games Workshop limited.

I selected fonts which I felt were in keeping with the two sides, and also tried to match the overall styles too - clean and bright for the Tau, more ornate and sepia for the Imps.  I kept the images quite low resolution, because I'm going to print them very small (no more than 28mm high, I would have thought).

My creative juices have dried up for the time being, but I would like to produce at least one more poster for the Imperial propaganda machine - anyone got any bright ideas? (For either side)

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
Re: Propaganda Posters
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2013, 09:54:11 AM »
Nice idea and nice work. You might find the first picture comes up a bit too busy at 28mm scale though, just to warn you. As for more ideas, do you have access to the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer? A great help in times of need
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline mono_vs_stereo

• Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, CSM, Daemons
Re: Propaganda Posters
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2013, 02:32:12 PM »
I love the Guard posters. They kind of have a bit of the old WWI and WWII flair to them. Our current recruiting posters leave a lot to be desired.
Captain, the reason we've got these tracks is to get us into trouble faster. Now I suggest you mount up and move out. The enemy is that way, don't stop 'til you find him, and don't come back 'til you've beaten him.