News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you Escape?  (Read 48882 times)

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #420 on: April 28, 2009, 09:16:57 PM »
yaw reisae na si ereht
"There is an easier way" you say? Well, maybe we'll figure that out for the return trip! :) I'm glad my way worked, at least.

Thanks to SeriousCallersOnly for being the first to try waving clothes over the floor, and to burgers4me for pointing out the greater density of the O3 (otherwise I may have neglected to close the door, and would likely have choked to death while crawling).

As for now, with both shoes back on my feet, I'll.... oh, sod it all, I'm just going to try opening the bloody door!

If this kills me I'll be quite disappointed.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
« Reply #421 on: April 28, 2009, 11:19:54 PM »
You reach for the handle.........
*Ka-klunk* the handle barely twists.

The door is locked.

Trivia: there are actually two solutions to these Stages.

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #422 on: April 28, 2009, 11:40:17 PM »
I should have known it wouldn't be that simple.

...if this requires the key from Level I I'm going to be very mad at you.  :P (Don't worry, I'm sure it can't be that!)

Alright, time to pause and reflect:
1: This room is NOT electrically connected to the previous room, so the BRB will have no effect on this door.
2: There is a small "tunnel" or "hallway" in the corner of the metal plate (between the slits and the white floor on the sides) allowing for safe(ish) passage from one end to the other. This is confirmed to exist on the right side of the room (using the initial image for left/right reference). The same can be assumed to exist on the left side, but shoe-probing would be the safest way to confirm this (rather than just crawling blindly).
3: There is an easier way to get across.
4: There is presumably something on the other side of this door that will allow us to walk safely to the Stage VII door.
5: The (standard) door is locked.
6: There is "nothing of interest on or around the [locked] door".
7: The Metal Room is slowly filling up with Ozone, but here in The Hallway we are safe from it (because the Stage VI door is closed).

**: We need to find some way to open this door. The opening of the door may or may not be linked to the "easier way" to get across the room.

I'm going to do a thorough search of this side of The Hallway; floor, ceiling, walls, door. I'll tap on things with my shoe (I'll take if off again for this), listening for hollow spots or hidden panels. I'll make sure to not go over the metal panel, or the white space on either side of it, however; I've been burnt enough today.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #423 on: April 29, 2009, 03:06:02 AM »
I should have made myself more clear
This room is not connected to the other room conductively (meaning that your wont get shocked to death from touching metal in STAGE VI)
it is however connected electronicaly.
I apologize for not making the distiction earlier, and I assure you my mistake will have no adverse effect on any of the players.

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline taupro777

• Wait... Railguns are HOW strong?!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #424 on: April 29, 2009, 07:31:27 AM »
I rush back to the room with the BRB, makin sure to still be careful with the shoe probing and all, and press the button on the wall twice more.
Wow... Just wow... Slaughter and skulls for the greater good?

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2009, 03:40:01 AM »
Okay, so, I'll go from what Rudkin last said. Before opening the door to the electrical room with the Big Red Button, I will take one big, deep breath of oxygen, and then rush out into the room (being careful not to be zapped by the floor or walls just outside the door, and press the button twice. Hopefully I will hear an unlocking sound, so then I will rush back into the Stage VI door and enter it, closing the door behind me, and exhaling/inhaling fresh O2. Then I'll go back down the hallway through the safe-zone, probing with my shoe all the way, being careful not to be burned. Once I make it across, I will stand up, put my shoe on and approach the door to open it (hopefully).

I have a theory about the laserbeams. I believe they are coming out of the slits in the ground not just vertically, but diagonally, so that they leave only a small amount of space open as safe.

Offline taupro777

• Myspace Page
« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2009, 10:36:54 AM »
Ya, after i press the button im going to wait before I rush back into the room XD

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #427 on: May 1, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »
Finding your way out of the hallway once more and receiving a few more burns (it doesn't matter how hard you try you'll get burned a little by misjudged laser beams) You step carefully over to the power levels panel.
You press the B.R.B. and the power levels indicator moves up to 5,000. The panel buzzes, and the room hums louder.
Pressing the button again, the indicator moves once more to 6,000. It buzzes, and the humming is now loud enough that you feel vibrations in the floor.
*Click-Chack-click-hisss*
Unlocking sound coming from across the room and a click from some other location nearby you.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #428 on: May 1, 2009, 10:45:22 PM »
Was this done with the Level VI door open? I assume so, since no one bothered to close it behind them before the pushed the button (and you did tell us to be very specific about our actions, so if no one closed it, it was never closed).

Sounds like a good idea to go back though the Level VI door, close it behind me, probe my way back to the other side through the corridor that was found to be save (shoe in hand as before) (Ow... yet more burns I'm sure...) and try to open the door ar the far end (hopefully it is now unlocked).

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
« Reply #429 on: May 2, 2009, 09:08:30 AM »
As I can't think of anything additional to what Rudkin has described, I'll do the same.

Is it possible to work out with the shoe thing whether the lasers are horizontal, vertical or diagonal? I'm still trying to fiure out this 'easier way'. The sign was on the floor....I don't suppose the whole room rotates, so that the sign is then on the wall and we can just walk across on what was once the wall and is now the floor?

As it seems the VII door is now unlocked, I'm guessing we will find something at the end of the laser room to get across the floor. If it is large though, we might still have a problem getting it back through the lasers.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #430 on: May 3, 2009, 02:26:21 PM »
In my rush to answer the previous inquiries I forgot to mention that you had closed the door behind you so as to keep out the O3.

Probing your way down the hall you recive no burns and the shoe is only singed once. You seem to have found a passageway through the invisible enemy.
Reaching the end of the hall you stand and reach for the door knob,
The handle doesn't twist. The door is locked.

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #431 on: May 3, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »
So did the click sound mean that the lasers (most of them) are switched off? I'll wave my shoe around some more, trying to see if there is now a wider 'safe' area.

I think that button is going to need pressing again. Anyone got other ideas?

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #432 on: May 3, 2009, 10:49:23 PM »
I do have another idea! Don't push the button again yet!
Remember that panel about something "not being available at this time"? This could be it.

Grimfang, could I decern if the second click came from the Entrance Door (the one that leads back into the Steam Room)? Did it sound like that door locked (since we heard that sound before we should know what it sounded like)? Or, did it sound like something beyond that door locked (that is, something in the Steam Room)?

I was about to try going back into that room, but then realized that the second "click" could have been the sound of that door locking! Best to find out if it maybe locked before touching it!

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #433 on: May 4, 2009, 06:16:59 PM »
The Lasers are still all there I assure you. the shoe is burned repeatedly and a sliver or two of sole is shaved clean off.

The Entrance door is unlocked, the sound came from somewhere else.

;)

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #434 on: May 4, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »
Alright. I shall work my way to the Metal Room (via the usual path), and then I shall go into the Steam Room, leaving all of the Doors ajar (I doubt they would lock on me, but better safe than trapped). I will now look at that mysterious sign regarding "this service is unavailable at this time". I will do the same sort of examination I did before, tapping the wall for hollow spots, and looking for any panels or cubby-holes (including trying to remove the sign again).

If I find anything, I will take a close look (be it a cubby-hole, or a panel or anything else). If I notice any changes, I will make a note of them.

Offline taupro777

• Myspace Page
« Reply #435 on: May 5, 2009, 07:13:51 AM »
Haha Rudkin is really into this.... I think im going to ask what level the BRB is at, and, using my clothing and putting my tongue close but NOT touching, test the metal floor for current.  The tongue is to detect that faint buzzing in the wet parts of the body that result from electricity.

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #436 on: May 5, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »
You're a braver man than me....

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #437 on: May 6, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
The panel originally marked "unavailable" slides up as soon as you touch it revealing this

Offline JeepDriver

« Reply #438 on: May 7, 2009, 08:13:55 PM »
You guys haven't replied in a while, so ill take a go at it! Okay, so I examine the panel very closly. Are the red and blue boxes buttons? Does the lever seem like it can be moved? (DONT move it)

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #439 on: May 7, 2009, 11:45:05 PM »
I'm also wondering, at the top left, are those buttons or just a display?

Also, the fan symbol, does it appear to be a button, a fixed image, or something more like an LCD display (i.e. a display which could change, possibly based on where the lever is)?

Were I to hazard a guess, I would suspect that the blue position relates to the Steam room, the grey position to the Metal room, and the red position to the Laser room. Just a guess, mind you.