News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330716 times)

Offline ogyon

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Eldar Corsair Army
« Reply #20 on: January 4, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »
Great TQ. I really like the last model you show (The girl on the Lizard.. hehe!) Is it a conversion or a bought-this-way model?

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #21 on: January 4, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »
Looks like a conversion made of Dark Elves and Eldar bits.

I spy a Stormguardian head, Cold One with Knight body and some Eldar guardian bits.
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #22 on: January 9, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
Hey gang been working on a load of stuff lately. All my vehicles have been primed, my board and all the requisite terrain is almost finished. So decided to put up my priority items. Every thing is very early WIP but I hope to finish most of this stuff in the next week or two.

Yet before that on to responses:

@ Ogyon- Yep thats an Exodite conversion I'm working on. Its a Storm Guardian head, Dire Avenger halberd and Shuriken Catapult.

@ Tryanotherone- You are observant sir! Thanks for continuing to follow me despite the slow progress.

On to the pics!

More mounted Exodite Warlock Council

My supreme Autarch (Y'riel stand-in)

The anti-tank wing of my Grav-Fleet (also very early stage in painting of the Autarch pictured above)

Close-up on my falcon. Note the icon next to the cockpit.

Side-shot of my Falcon. Note the added details on the Pulse-Laser. (I'll post a better shot once its painted).

Anyway thats all I've got for now. More to come soon...
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

« Reply #23 on: January 9, 2011, 03:22:49 PM »
@ Tryanotherone- You are observant sir! Thanks for continuing to follow me despite the slow progress.

Lol

I suppose being observant is a talent that comes with rumour mongering.

Anyway, the anti-gravs look great. I am not sure if I mentioned it before but you chose a very striking paint scheme. Everything just fits neatly.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 08:29:04 AM »
@ Tryanotherone- Thanks I really appreciate the nice comments. I like the scheme too its based on the main character for a series of short stories (non 40k) I'm writing. The Autarch is modeled after him. Glad you watching my progress. I always keep an eye on your rumors (which tend to be very accurate) please keep an eye out for some codex rumors for your kindred of the light! My army cries for new rules!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:35:04 AM by Cavalier »

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 03:29:15 PM »
Supreme Autarch WIP

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 04:07:56 PM »
Hey Cav, I'm a bit out of date with Eldar minis so this may be an obvious answer, but what kit(s) did you use to put together that autarch? He's a gorgeous model and I'd love to make one for display purposes if nothing else.  He's so regal, commanding, and complex he really looks like what I feel like Eldar should be.
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 04:51:22 PM »
Hey thanks Algavinn I really appreciate your comments. It took me a long time to put together and then get the nerve to paint, so thanks a lot.

It took a lot of kitbashing to put him together. I used a Dark Elf Cold-One Riders kit for the head (I love that head), Dire Avenger legs, arms and tabard. The armored torso, the sword and the spirit stones are from the new High Elf Dragon Princes of Caledor kit. They are all great kits with wealth of bits to spread across your entire army. I'm using all the fluttering banners and what not for my vypers, and falcons, and swapping out heads all across the board. They are totally worth picking up, and just a single box can spruce up your whole army.

Offline Dawnlight Avenger

• Infinity Circuit
    • Bryan Maynard - Sculptor
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Tau, Imperial Guard
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 01:01:03 AM »
This army's looking really cool! been watching this thread for awhile but never posted... i'm not sure why.

The conversions you're making are spectacular and the paint jobs are pretty good too. Just curious, are you going to highlight the red on the vehicles at some point? it looks a tad flat to me now :(

Thought about creating a corsair army myself, maybe have it so i can use units of them with my craftworlders!

-Valkyrie
War gaming is more than a hobby,
it's a lifestyle

The Listening Post - A Hobby Blog

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 09:23:58 AM »
Hey Outcast, yeah I'm gonna highlight everything. That painting is going really slow right now. I moved a couple of weeks ago and its been slow going. I also had a LOT of assembly to do, and I stripped a bunch of older models as well.

I actually converted my whole army from an older Ulthwe scheme to what you see now, after I was like "I think I want a few Exodite and Corsair's in my army" and then I just ended up completely converting my entire collection.

Thanks for following. I'm going to try and finish my Autarch and his retinue of Striking Scorpions (sent by Karandras according to my own personal fluff) this week. Then get started on my Vypers and Falcon. So keep watching this thing should be picking up steam soon!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 05:57:01 PM »
UPDATE! Scorpion's are almost done, so is my Autarch. Photos suck cause the sun's setting but here's what we got, the finished product should be done this weekend!

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 07:04:50 PM »
You may have mentioned earlier on in your blog but I haven't had the time to check, but I was wondering at what colours formed the base of your scorpions?  I play Biel-Tan but have my colour scheme a dark midnight based blues through purples, and my aspect warriors bear this by having their tertiary colours following this scheme, but their primary and secondary colours being a darker version of what they would typically be, so your scorpion colour pegs what I'd be going for pretty well, and I haven't gotten to it yet (granted I am at a tossup between something like this and a more gray version).  Thanks for the info and continued updates cavalier!
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 09:05:51 AM »
Hey Algavinn, its actually Tin-Bits with a heavy black wash over it, with gold and hawk turquoise accents. The black wash flattens the metallic sheen somewhat and with the black under armor it keeps them from looking too garish. I'll have better photos this weekend so you can see if its something you'd want to do. Glad your enjoying it. I'll much more soon, including some photos of my board and terrain.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2011, 11:52:07 AM »
Finally got to start my Vypers. I really like the way they've started. They're in the very preliminary stages of development but off to a good start.

My Scorpions are pretty much finished, but these guys are so dark, and the lightings so weird in my studio its hard to take a good photo. I need to order some fine red gravel to do the bases, and I need to do some highlighting and finish some of the gemstones but anyway their almost done!

My Autarch is almost finished as well. He needs some touch up and some other final details but he's almost done as well.

Anyway these photos are kinda lousy. I've been so busy lately I've hadn't had time to set up a good photo area. When everything's been finished I'll get everything just right so you guys can see what I've done. Anyway thanks for watching, there's more to come soon...

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2011, 01:48:45 PM »
It looks all very nice but your Scorpions, ... oh boy, they are very intimidating.

What is colour are you using for them?

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »
Thanks a lot. Its a heavy black wash over tin-bits. I actually got the idea from my brother painted who painted Karandras in the same style like 10 years ago.

Offline Katamari Damacy

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar Empire, Dwarfs
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2011, 03:16:26 PM »
Those minis are impressive indeed! I think i'll copy your tin bitz + wash combo for my Incubi!  :D
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »
Those minis are impressive indeed! I think i'll copy your tin bitz + wash combo for my Incubi!  :D

Damn now THAT would be intimidating. Go for it Katamari, maybe we'll have a battle someday and it'll be the sons of Ahara vs. sons of Karandras!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 02:06:27 PM »

Autarch Honor Guard WIP

Offline battle brother

• With greed, comes great power
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 08:15:28 PM »
thos dires are awesome!!!!!! u have the collest eldar army ever