News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Coming back to the hobby with question  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Anarchic Guardsman

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard
Coming back to the hobby with question
« on: April 10, 2014, 07:26:07 PM »
Hello fellow members of 40k online!

After being absent from the hobby since the very early stages of 5th edition because I was too lazy to learn new rules I have decided to return. This is mainly due to having missed the modeling aspect however at some point I might return to gaming as well. It is on this topic that I have a question on what codex/rules people generally use for renegade/traitor guard armies as this is the direction I plan on going and would like to model a legal army that others would accept to play?

I have the 5th ed guard coded but this appears to be in the process of being replaced. I also have vraks part 1 and 2 but again these are based on either 4th/5th edition rules and not the 6th.

Online Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Coming back to the hobby with question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 12:08:52 AM »
Generally if people want to run traitor guard, they use Codex: Imperial Guard for that.  But as you said, they are receiving a new codex and a rebranding in the very near future as the Astra Militarum.  This is even supported in the BDB as Imperial Guard are Allies of Convenience with Chaos forces.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Anarchic Guardsman

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 04:05:01 AM »
Thanks, I will wait for the new codex before planning much beyond the basic guardsmen. But I can have units from chaos marines as allies for some more variation?

Online Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:54:20 AM »
The allies matrix in the BDB shows you all you need to know about what you can take as allies, but yes.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...