News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Challenge of 10 Souls, "Gloria Flax" Campaign  (Read 14605 times)

Offline Powerslave

• "It's all part of the plan."
The Challenge of 10 Souls, "Gloria Flax" Campaign
« on: February 1, 2009, 03:31:46 PM »
The Challenge:

All right guys, It is time to get this project rolling.

As we have discussed before, everything is taking place in one system. Your armies have already been chosen and you have already signed up. Right now, the most important thing to do is make a first post, thus reserving your place for your main "hub." In this first post, you must keep shortcuts to all your pictures, links, reports, stories, and etc. You should keep posting all your updates in this thread only - and once you make a new post, please make sure to have a link to this post in your "hub."

Anyways the rules are very simple:

[1] Your army does not have to be legal FOC wise - that allows each participant to do Apocalypse formations.
[2] At the end of each month each participant must present pictures and a report on his work in our thread.
[3] A progress report must be posted 2 times per month.
[4] Point Limitations - each participant must present 200 - 400 points worth of units (fully painted) per month.
[5] The challenge starts out on 1st of February and finishes on the 1st of August.

Do not forget this is not a competition - this is a challenge. It is up to you on how much painting you wish to have done per month, but in order to stay in the game, so to speak, you must always complete a minimum of 200 points per month. Two monthly reports are mandatory to stay in the challenge. You should post one report per two weeks to make your progress more interesting to the readers.

The Setting:

Cypra Mundi – Gloria Flax System

Calvinus Prime was the first planet to be attacked. It was home to a top secret Inquisition base, Ordo Malleus to be exact. It is the furthest planet from the star that serves as the Sun for the system. The following planets are all in order, the first one being the furthest from the sun, while the last one on the list being the closest. Keep in mind how this affects the climate on each planet.

[1] Calvinus Prime (Closed World – Access Restricted – Inquisition File N678943DR)
[2] Dementia (Regular World)   
[3] Optimum 4 (Regular World)   
[4] Optimum 3 (Forgeworld)
[5] Optimum 2 (Mining World)
[6] Optimum 1 (Forgeworld)   
[7] Ares (Mining World)   
[8] Flax 2 (Agriworld)   
[9] Flax 1 (Agriworld)   
[10] Gloria Principalis (Principal Planet)   
[11] Hellius    (Forgeworld)   
[12] Harodius (Mining World)   
[13] Damnitis (Dead World)   

The Story:

The Timeline and the Introduction to the Setting:

Planet of Calvinus Prime invaded by a Grand Company of Iron Warriors and Legio Mortis Traitor Titan Legion.
-   An Ordo Malleus secret base is destroyed in the process. The Arcane Terminal is stolen.
-   Local Population enslaved or massacred. Atrocious experiments are conducted by Dark Apothecaries, Dark Mechanicum and Savage Morticians of the Iron Warriors and Legio Mortis.

The Imperium learns about the invasion and to reclaim Calvinus Prime, it sends two companies of Space Marines (4th Company of the Exorcists and 4th Company of the Raptors) and four Imperial Guard Regiments. The Inquisition sends Inquisitor Helenhauer and two squads of Grey Knights.
-   It takes 4 months to organize the Loyalist Forces, and 3 more months to enter position for attack.

The battle of Calvinus Prime begins.
-   The Imperial Forces find themselves facing thousands of traitors.
-   The horribly mutated population attacks all loyal soldiers on sight. Seems like the Obliterator virus has affected the local population.
-   The Inquisition calls for an investigation before Exterminatus would even be considered.
-   The battle for Calvinus Prime rages on for 5 months, with no satisfactory results.

Exterminatus of Calvinus Prime

Full Scale Invasion of the Cypra Mundi Sector begins.
-   After the Exterminatus, loyal forces at the orbit find themselves besieged by a Chaos Fleet, 6 times bigger than the loyalists.
-   Loyalists are forced to retreat to the Optimum 2 planet, where a local Imperial Fleet port becomes a temporary base of operations.

Planets of Dementia and Optimum 4 fall and are occupied by the Traitor Forces.

Lord Commander Krueger sends a request for aid to the High Council of Terra.
-   A decision is taken to hold the line at Optimum 3, a large Forgeworld with an exceptionally cold climate.

The Loyalist Forces call for help - Administratum responds by sending in countless Imperial Guard regiments and 8 more Space Marine companies. Titant Legions, Sisters of Battle, and all other special units are called in as well.

The united Forces of Chaos invade Optimum 3.
-   The Siege lasts 17 weeks.

The Fall of Optimum 3.

Rebellion breaks out on Optimum 1.
-   It is violently quelled by the 6th Company of the Angels of Absolution.
The temporary base of operations on Optimum 2 comes under attack from a daemonic invasion.
-   The Inquistion calls for the cleansing of Optimum 1 and Optimum 2 due to a high level of “Chaos Taint.” Rebellions ensue and a bloody civil war breaks out on both planets.
-   Angels of Absolution, Exorcists and Raptors engage the local population.

Now, it is up to you, dear participants, to pick up from here and continue on. Some forces were already identified (just the three SM chapters, there is 5 more left to choose if someone  ever wants to). The initial events cannot be changed and they serve as a catalyst for the all-out war. You may build upon the events that were described earlier.

All, I have to say is - welcome aboard, and good luck with the Challenge.

And finally, just to keep things clear, here is the list of participants:

Vishnah aka Powerslave - Chaos and Raptors 4th Company
Ishan - Imperial Guard
Deathpepper - Orks
Qui-Gon Jinn - Daemons
Joinee Davy - Custom Made Army Imperial Knights
Raktra - Chaos Eldar
Typhon - CSM Death Guard
Cyresh - CSM Iron Warriors
Erish - Sisters of Battle
Phxren - Eldar
DarthChaos - Chaos, CSM (Emperor's Children mainly)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:23:48 AM by Powerslave, aka Vishnah »
http://timeofending.blogspot.com/ - my blog
"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=186984.0 - Black Water (Battle for Calvinus Prime)
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=170815.0 - The March of Iron - My Fluff, My Story
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=171063.0 - My Guide to Iron Warriors

Offline Powerslave

Re: The Challenge of 10 Souls, "Gloria Flax" Campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 1, 2009, 03:34:34 PM »
I am making my first official post here as a participant that will serve as my permanent hub for all the updates to my Army.

I have chosen the Forces of Chaos, and will mostly concentrate on building my new wing of Iron Warriors that have sold their souls to Khorne.

I will also be working on my regular Iron Warriors, some Emperor's Children mercenaries and of course other traitor scum.

February:
10 Khorne Berzerkers
Rhino
« Last Edit: February 5, 2009, 04:28:10 AM by Powerslave, aka Vishnah »
"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=186984.0 - Black Water (Battle for Calvinus Prime)
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=170815.0 - The March of Iron - My Fluff, My Story
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=171063.0 - My Guide to Iron Warriors

Offline Erish

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: February 1, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »
Nice job Powerslave! Tell me, can we ask about some details in this thread or we should use it only for our army reports?

Offline cyresh

« Reply #3 on: February 1, 2009, 03:57:52 PM »
This space has been taken,fortified and mined.
I shall be invading Hellius if it is not already taken
February:
1 csm squad with rhino
« Last Edit: February 7, 2009, 04:34:12 PM by cyresh »
Sanity is for the weak

Offline Joinee Davy

« Reply #4 on: February 1, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »
Lookingforward to getting this thing started!
Anyway, here's my post, as requested.

I shall be leading the Knight Household Ignaurés, of the planet Flax 2.

This will be a custom made army based around some Bell of Lost Souls datasheets and other various sources i've come across, i'll hopefully be playtesting them once i have a few of them finished so will see how that goes.

i've put up some of the experimental rules in the forge section of the forum, so hopefully can improve on them while i wait till i have some models ready to playtest! :)

The big fluffy pink list of things to do for this!

This months tasks!
February:
To completely finish:
- 1 Knight Paladin
- 1 Knight Warden
- 1 Sacristan in Drover Suit

Then up next:
March:
To completely finish:
- 1 Knight Errant (Pretty much finished and painted, few more details to add)
- 1 Knight Baron (Being painted now!)
-1 Knight objective Marker (Parts being sorted out, just cleaning off chaos symbols)
- Finish Codex: Imperial Knights (Mostly done, just need to add pics and sort layout!)
« Last Edit: March 6, 2009, 02:04:26 PM by Joinee Davy »
You look lovely today, by the way.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #5 on: February 1, 2009, 04:00:35 PM »
Crone World Uran now holds this region in it's grip!

More Chaos fer ya bucks.

EDIT: Damnitis, what a name for a planet! MINE!

A rent tore through the dead air of the planet, churning up dust that had lay untouched for millenia long. With a scream that would have been heard for miles around, an unholy blade forced it's way from the ether and cut a hole into our realm. From it, the Infernal Knight marched forwards, bringing forth Uran's warriors.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2009, 03:50:45 PM by Raktra »

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
  • If all else fails, roll more dice!
« Reply #6 on: February 1, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »
Waaagh Gonzaa!!!
Starting on the waaagh's backstory.  We're invading Flax1, if that's ok.   ::)

February

KFF Big Mek
12 Kommandoz
12 Evil Sunz Boyz
Trukk
Army Total = 397pts
Purchases: None, already owned AoBR contents + old trukks

February Update 1
February Update 2
February Final Update
Batrep 1

March
3 Meganobz
Trukk
30 Grots
19 Snakebite Boyz
Army Total = 816pts

Purchases: 3xGrot boxes

March Update 1
March Final Update
Batrep 2

April
Defcopta
Nob Mob
Trukk
Killa Kans
Army Total = 1446pts

Purchases: Nob Box, 3x BW Boxes

April Updates 1 and 2
Batrep 3

May Plans
1st Battlewagon <still painting>
2nd Battlewagon <built>
3x Kitbashed Wartrakks <built>
Biker Warboss <started>

I'm aiming to have all completed units for this list: 
(kommandos are subbing in as a boyz mob for now)
Big Mek
Biker Boss
MANZ x3 in trukk
Nobz Mob in Battlewagon
boyz x12 nob w/PK, BossPole in trukk
boyz x12 nob w/PK, BossPole in trukk
boyz x19 nob w/PK, BossPole in battlewagon
1500pts
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:04:06 PM by Deathpepper »

Batreps        Ork Models      Painting Blog

Offline phxren

• Ork Boy
« Reply #7 on: February 1, 2009, 04:52:36 PM »
Reserved for craftworld Lianadri (I might not keep this name...)
Points of the craftworld.
  • They are known to sefcretly help the Imperium.
  • Scorpions are one of the more popular aspect chaices.
  • colours is white armour with a light blue trim
  • Their main enemy are the followers of Tzeenech

Febuary
A falcon (PiP)
5 striking scorpions and an exarch (built)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 12:21:28 PM by phxren »
Killing Necrons, Chaos and Daemons since December 2007
w/l/t
Orks: 2500 pts 4/8/1
Space Wolves: 2000 pts -/2/-
Salamanders: 2000 pts -/1/-
Dang I suck...

Offline Ishan

• Imperial Guard - Once you have it, you love it
« Reply #8 on: February 1, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »
++Rebel Force of Damnitis (Actual name for force is still WIP)++

Work In Progress:
-Coming Soon-

End First Month Progress-
Platoon 1 Squad Alpha:

Leman Russ:

Sneak Peak:

++More Information on heretic force on transit++
« Last Edit: March 5, 2009, 11:29:09 PM by Ishan »

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #9 on: February 1, 2009, 10:19:39 PM »
the death guard claim this space

may grand father Nurgle rot spread throughout this system

Edit:

Reports from the imperial navy stationed at Optimum 2 A huge chaos fleet of warships appear in the sector heading for Optimum 1. 

They send Warships to intercept the invader but are out matched due to the inability to dedicate their entire force to intercept.  Reports from the battle was the chaos ships where swelled in the bowls of the ships matching the descriptions of dreaded fleet of Typhus herald of Nurgle

more to come

« Last Edit: February 2, 2009, 06:20:18 PM by typhon »

Offline Qui-Gon Jinn

• Jedi Master of the Editorial Order, TechMarine
  • May the Force be with you!
« Reply #10 on: February 1, 2009, 10:56:04 PM »
I am in, but don't know how dedicated I can be. Need to get my...2k points done sooner or later...

Chaos Daemon Army
The Army in all its glory!
The Battle Reports of the Army

W/L/D
55/11/7

Chaos Poster of 2009!
Bow before me! :P

Offline Powerslave

« Reply #11 on: February 2, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »
All right, we have it!

The ten original posts have been made. From here on, you can discuss the whole project, make progress posts, discuss the story and the details, etc. Do not forget to always edit your original post.

Lets Rock N Roll!

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
« Reply #12 on: February 2, 2009, 07:49:29 PM »
Waaagh Gonzaa Update 1

Officer Garick shook his head slowly.  "Teh, that's anuther one.  Bag him up, second!"
The Greywatch normally functioned as Flax One's justice system, dealing with disputes amongst the croppers.  But they were technically the world's rural police force and auxiliaries as well. 
"At least this fella's still in one piece, Firstof" Kalthor joked nervously, glancing about at the curved Maang trees.  These murders had the whole district on edge. 

The image of the other cropper burned in the second officer's mind.  Someone, or some thing, had pulled the man's arm from it's socket.  The cropper's head was missing entirely, his neck a gory mess.
"..hour 14, second season rotation.  Cause ah death unknown."  Garick finished his dictation of the details to his membot as Kalthor interred the corpse into a bodycase.  The two officers stowed the case in their transport, it's engine whir soon receding into the distance. 

Dark, mottled green figures slid from behind the surrounding Maang trees, clutching crude bolters and sniffing the air hungrily.  "Hurry up ladz!  Loot anyfing tek fer Gonzaa."  The largest of the orcs hefted a dingy white object towards the road the greywatch had just left by.  "Lookin' fer dis', oomies?  Heh."  The human skull made an excellent trophy.  He remembered the man's look of horror before being messily beheaded by the nob's power claw.  Soon the people of Gloria Flax would know fear.  Looking up at the faint stars above, he lifted his claw to the sky and roared.  "Waaagh!!!"  The other orks took up the yell, slinging anything mechanical onto their backs.  These machines would ultimately be transformed into new weapons of war...

Da Sneaky Gitz (kommandoz):

All of these guys are AoBR orks with heavy convertions.  I originally planned them as a small deathskullz boyz mob, but the dip was way way too dark.  So I'm calling them kommandoz.  I think the dark stain works, making them look like they're in shadow.  I used red mahogany stain, I'll test out another stain (antique oak) on another ork.  Hopefully that will work better, I really want to do an all dipped army.

EDIT: Used a lighter stain on a test model, looking really good.
EDIT: The next mob is painted and dipped.  Pics in 48hrs when they've cured.   :)
« Last Edit: February 8, 2009, 10:02:03 AM by Deathpepper »

Offline Powerslave

« Reply #13 on: February 3, 2009, 02:08:33 AM »
Good news for me!

I just received word from the shop in England - my Space Marines are coming in 4 weeks. That means I will be jumping on the loyalist bandwagon once they arrive. Sorry about that, but couldn't do anything about the delivery times.

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
« Reply #14 on: February 3, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »
Deathpepper I like the klaw on your Nob do you have any more pics of it and then the big question is how did you make it??

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
« Reply #15 on: February 3, 2009, 07:47:46 PM »
Deathpepper I like the klaw on your Nob do you have any more pics of it and then the big question is how did you make it??
I'll take pics next time I make one.  It's 7 pieces cut from a gift card and sandwiched together, then strategic greenstuff for bolts/hiding the card. 

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
« Reply #16 on: February 3, 2009, 08:22:48 PM »
Well I have started my first squad of Plague marines

Here they are so far still need some work

And here is a pic of the squad as a whole so far

They still need some work but I got a painting bug the last two days so here they are.

Offline phxren

• Ork Boy
« Reply #17 on: February 4, 2009, 02:58:55 PM »
My painting is gonna look the worst I think..
Very nice death guard and orks
Killing Necrons, Chaos and Daemons since December 2007
w/l/t
Orks: 2500 pts 4/8/1
Space Wolves: 2000 pts -/2/-
Salamanders: 2000 pts -/1/-
Dang I suck...

Offline Qui-Gon Jinn

• Jedi Master of the Editorial Order, TechMarine
  • May the Force be with you!
« Reply #18 on: February 4, 2009, 03:39:39 PM »
Chaos Daemons Update V.1.1
Week 1

It has been three days since the start of the challenge, and I have been filing away at some of my Daemonettes. I have decided that my first 200 points will include the Masque and 6 Daemonettes(three normal, one with an Instrument, one with Transfixing Gaze, and one with an Icon of Chaos).

The specialists and one normal Daemonette are going to be used to complete one Daemonette unit of 12, containing ONLY the most recent OOP Daemonettes. The other two normal Daemonettes will be plastic, and will join the other unit of 10 plastics to make another 12 strong unit. If I get the muse, I will complete a plastic Herald for the plastic unit. I have a metal one for my metal unit already.

This means I'll have 13 Daemonettes still to use...can you say another 12 strong unit with yet another Herald?

I will then have the Apocalypse Daemonette formation. I will save the extra unit and Herald for next month most like. I almost lost my mind the last time I tried to paint 18+ Daemonettes inside of a month.

Chaos Daemon Army
The Army in all its glory!
The Battle Reports of the Army

W/L/D
55/11/7

Chaos Poster of 2009!
Bow before me! :P

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #19 on: February 7, 2009, 02:49:36 PM »
UPDATE: ;D

Blurrier than porn on a broken hotel TV, but here's pictures of my first Chaos Eldar conversion! ;D

Conversions done - scorpion's tail, lengthened the claw, scraped off the shrine symbols and spirit stones (will be done to ALL my Eldar) and put fleshy joints in his armour (not pictured).

My brother looks like he's  picking his nose! FREAK.