News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your IG Army  (Read 916883 times)

Offline Goyder

• Workshy Lord Moddissar General, The King of Tanks
  • Ancient
  • Australian
Your IG Army
« on: May 7, 2006, 04:47:48 AM »
Note!  Replies that do not conform to these rules will probably be deleted, followed by a smacked bottom for the author of that reply!  -Mr.Peanut

ALL IMAGES POSTED ON THIS FORUM WILL ABIDE TO THESE STANDARDS;

Code: [Select]
[IMG height=450 width=600]URL HERE[/IMG]
We have found out that 450 and 600 brings the best results, the image isn't terribly big and it loads quickly for modem users.

Exceptions will be allowed of course (for Landscape pictures etc...) but for your average photo or image, this will be the size. Anything over will be resized if we have the time, or deleted and a message left.

Also, keep the size of the Image to as close to 40KB as well. Anything really over that, will be deleted. It is your responsability to change the image to a JPEG or whatever.

The good Commissar Leonidas and myself where discussing this the other day and we both thought it would be rather cool if people posted pictures of their IG  army, or their progress of their army. Now this thread is not about painting tips or anything like that, its just so everybody can see others IG armies and what they look like, or, their current progress of their army that they are building up. Hopefully this'll be a good comunity building excercise and see all the fantastic guard armies out there.

I thought I would get the ball moving and post the Caprican XVII Mechanised army. Its all assembled, and im in the process of painting a squad a week (So far i'm doing that!) and then 2 tanks a week. In theory, this'll work.

Well, off we go!

The Caprican XVII;

The army together.

My guardsmen paint scheme. I've Greenstuffed googles onto every guardsmen so far, make them a bit different.

MEDIC!

Marshall Goyder. Part man, part machine, all awesome  ;)

A lone caprican sniper takes aim at his target....

Well, there we go. What I've done so far for my Caprican Mechanised.

Now, dont be shy, show me yours!  ;)
« Last Edit: April 4, 2009, 11:02:58 AM by Mr.Peanut »
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Our Little Red Friend - Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
Re: Your IG Army
« Reply #1 on: May 7, 2006, 05:04:56 AM »
haha its nice to see a TANK KING paints INFANTRY for a while. Good work, Goydy  :-*

I have to say I find your army pretty impressive. I dont like white fatigues + brown armor combination but its down to personal taste. It looks swell in general.

A plus

:D
Signature Pending Update :P

Offline Major Krämer

• Major
  • Kill the Xenos, purge the Xenos, burn the Xenos!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2006, 05:15:28 AM »
I'm fine with the idea, but I don't want to be nitpicky but... Don't we have the Codicium for this cases?

Anyways, it's Ok so I'll can post my RR army progress here :P Photographys soon to follow

Btw...Goyder painting infantry, how strange... You can see that it is Goyder still, cause there is an awful amount of Chimeras there ;D
Oberst Krämer, commander-in-chief of the XIIº Regiment
of the DEATH KORPS OF KRIEG, also known as the black shadows

Offline CheeseThief

• Major
« Reply #3 on: May 7, 2006, 06:01:46 AM »
*Phew*

Thank god, I dont feel so left out that not all my models are painted.

I would post pictures but I dont have a camera capable of taking pictures of them.

Offline Goyder

• Ancient
  • Australian
« Reply #4 on: May 7, 2006, 06:08:52 AM »
I'm fine with the idea, but I don't want to be nitpicky but... Don't we have the Codicium for this cases?

This is something a little differant, its so people can show their army, or the progress of their army as they paint/convert it and so they dont have to write anything for the Codicium (although it would be nice if your armies eventually made it there).
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #5 on: May 7, 2006, 06:10:40 AM »
Wow someone else is not fully painted  :D

I'll take photos of my force later, those not in storage - who are being repainted... and for the first time my Titan WIP...

Some of those models are very impressive, especially the plasma gunner.

~Swipe.
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: May 7, 2006, 06:18:19 AM »
This is something a little differant, its so people can show their army, or the progress of their army as they paint/convert it and so they dont have to write anything for the Codicium (although it would be nice if your armies eventually made it there).

Let's say my Imperial Guard collection could be split into two: the Crapachans and Death Korps models that are hideous and that I haven't used for years, and the infinitely cooler, better painted and currently in use Thracians and Studkans. Could I get away with only posting pictures of the latter group?

I'd be much happier to show just those off, as the other group won't be seeing a battlefield on Big M, and is generally abominable.

Offline Goyder

• Ancient
  • Australian
« Reply #7 on: May 7, 2006, 06:20:01 AM »
Let's say my Imperial Guard collection could be split into two: the Crapachans and Death Korps models that are hideous and that I haven't used for years, and the infinitely cooler, better painted and currently in use Thracians and Studkans. Could I get away with only posting pictures of the latter group?

I'd be much happier to show just those off, as the other group won't be seeing a battlefield on Big M, and is generally abominable.

Sure man, go nuts. Post whatever you like.
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: May 7, 2006, 09:50:42 AM »
This shows the parts of the 76th Thracian Guard that I currently own. I still need to buy 100 odd guardsmen for all of 1st Company to be in my possession. The infantry positioned in columns are, from left to right: Spireguard (storm troopers/grenadiers), 1st Platoon (veterans) and one remnants squad from 3rd Platoon. The second and third columns are fourth and fifth platoon respectively. The fourth column is made up of the Studkans I've got so far. Behind these columns are the tanks. Note the spare turrets and pintle weapons, as well as a few conversions. Up front are 3 Sentinels, a mortar squad, 2 anti-tank squads and a selection of HQ models.

A close-up of my HQ models. Note two incarnations of Captain Jaharn way up front. The one on the right became useless when officers became ICs. Hence he still displays an outdated paint job. There are also two incarnations of Colour Sergeant Escarno. One to go with each Jaharn. Further to the back are a priest, the to-be commander of third or second platoon and a sanctioned psyker. Yet further back are two medics I never seem to use, and a few spare models with grenade launchers.

I apologize for the way the lighting makes them look differently from their reallife counterparts. Only to be expected with entire army shots indoors, I suppose.

Offline Skankin_Catachan

• Colonel
  • why?!why?!why was i programed to feel pain!?
« Reply #9 on: May 7, 2006, 10:02:29 AM »
pax your army has a really nice flow to it....the colors are well thought out. props to you!

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: May 7, 2006, 10:31:24 AM »
I'll post some pictures when I get access to a camera.  Hopefully during the week.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Our Little Red Friend - Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
« Reply #11 on: May 7, 2006, 11:28:51 AM »
Ok from now on my updates on Phyrgian Laskars would be here....

Now here comes the pics of the week;

My table and the platoon I assembled and primed this week

My conversions. This week actually I made a few conversions including 4 field caps, goggles and a few headswaps but I highlight these three first.

Female Guard with Plasma. Didnt turn out as nice as I wanted to. I will create a new sketch and a new conversion this coming week.

Female Commando (Veterans) Didnt look like female since I primed it black and all the long hair sculpts got obscured by the black color.

That is all in the meanwhile :)
Signature Pending Update :P

Offline imperialnutcase

• Lieutenant
  • SDMF
« Reply #12 on: May 7, 2006, 11:36:49 AM »
Well does anyone want me to post my guard? im asking because well they arnt that well painted but have won a lot of games for me! ;D if anyone wants me to pos em just ask (but be prepared im not the worlds best painter ;)) oh and the other armies are amazing!  especially pax's ! ;D
The plan? It's pure Black Label. It's about violence and booze. That's all it is. There is no plan.
Zakk Wylde

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #13 on: May 7, 2006, 11:40:08 AM »
I have some recent images of the Raterial Guard.

Here is Warlord Nit-Nit and his loyal retinue.

Destroyer
Chimera
hellhound

I'll try and catpure a picture of the Raterials in full sometime in the future.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline imperialnutcase

• Lieutenant
  • SDMF
« Reply #14 on: May 7, 2006, 11:43:28 AM »
Rats mixed with guard?  :o LOL well that sounds REALLY insane! but they look awesome! if not a bit random! ;D
The plan? It's pure Black Label. It's about violence and booze. That's all it is. There is no plan.
Zakk Wylde

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #15 on: May 7, 2006, 01:10:58 PM »
Wow Pax....Kudos! That's one awesome army!

Goyder where are the Leman Russ??? Heh Heh Heh!

Imperialnutcase go ahead and post your pics. We would all like to see more of your work. Don't worry about how it looks. I think this thread was started to show armies in all various status of painting and construction.

Killersquid that's very creative work! Real cool!

Leonidas you army is looking great! Awesome conversion...

I might have to hunt down a friend a digital camera and take a few pics of my Preatorian Guard Infantry and Armor companies, and maybe some of my Lost Hope DWV too....
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline imperialnutcase

• Lieutenant
  • SDMF
« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2006, 03:11:05 PM »
Ok, well here goes :) , this will be just a starter pic , i can get close ups if anyone wants ..(like heck ! :D)  These are my Erin first light infantry/Highlanders BTW these pics are not based on my army list but just all my IG  :)

Btw i apologise about the size of the pics i have NO idea how to use Irfanveiw i tried and failed miserably! ;) ALL comments appreciated even the ones which are "constructive cristicism" ;D   Regards,
                                                   Nutcase 8)
Zakk Wylde

Offline The Ghost and the Dark

« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »
Its my new army, excuse the TTQ. Don't make fun! :)

Everyone is Unique

Offline Goyder

• Ancient
  • Australian
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2006, 11:46:54 PM »
Jeez, seeing these armies painted together makes me want to get off my arse and finish painting my army!

Ghost, I love the organge, it contrasts well IMO and they will look very cool when they're complete!

Nutcase, the army looks really cool when its all together like that. Love the greens, it reminds of my first IG army!

Killersquid, wow! Rats and guardsmen! Very unique and it looks very, very cool. You've definatly got a unique army going there!

And damn you Leonidas for your awesome conversions, they'll look great when painted up!

Imperator, your army certainly does look fantastic when its all together like that. Very, very cool indeed. Your painting is very sharp and crisp. Love it!

Lets see more armies! I cant believe some of the amphetamine parrot you guys can do! Fantastic!
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #19 on: May 8, 2006, 01:11:50 AM »
Its my new army, excuse the TTQ. Don't make fun! :)

Welcome to the Guard Ghost. That's some real cool work you've done with your guardsmen. I like that Orange/Grey combo, it really looks good!
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog