News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Not as much of a newbie, but still needing solid tips!  (Read 450 times)

Offline RESEDAPRIME

• Lost Craftworlds
  • Armies: Eldar,CSM
Not as much of a newbie, but still needing solid tips!
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:22:31 AM »
Hi!
Back after a long pause between games (previous thread here, due to a new job and waiting for the 6th edition. First match with the 6th edition against BA was A MASSACRE...but, for the first time, it was the BA who took a hellaful beating! We decided to use Psychic -stuff from the new 6th rulebook and Mefiston is now USELESS...no flying, no nothing...my list was as follows (1500p):

HQ : Eldrad (DUH!) + 4 x Warlocks (DS,EM,EN,EM) and SS on everybody
Farseer (two powers)
Elite : Fire Dragons Exarch (CS,FP) + 4 x FD´s + WS (SS,TL BL´s)
Troops : Dire Avengers Exarch (BS,2ASC) + 8 DA´s + WS (SS,TL BL´s)
Pathfinders x 5
Heavy Support : 3 x WW´s (BL+SL) my new favourite unit!
Fast Attack : Vyper (HF,SS,BL)

Mission was the Big guns never tire or something like that. I took down one Assault Squad with combined fire from the PF´s and WW´s and they failed their morale check! They fled from the board and BA had only one Troop choice left. Mefiston dragged for ever from the other side of the board and i kept firing him with everything (since AS fled) and scored couple of wounds (and perils took down one). Next my Boss´s Crew (Eldrad and cronies) were close to him and Eldrad finished him with one blow. New hull point damage is awesome against Stormravens. WW´s with BL&SL´s took it down FAST (okay, he threw poorly on the saves, but hey,everything counts). I lost only the DA´s to Death Company (who´s RAGE is now just annoying) and i cleaned the board with PF´s and WS´s and WW´s. His Dreadnaught fell short on assault, but i still got Snap shots from FD´s and they took it down! This was the first tabling (is that you spell that?) in my "career". So, i´m feeling so empowered with this winning, but i know that, revenge is brewing :)...and, no, i dont think that his list will have psykers...

[mod]Split from old thread to avoid thread necromancy (please remember not to raise the dead, even if it's your own thread - Iris.[/mod]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:43:16 PM by Irisado »
"Pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say" - Motörhead, Ace of Spades