News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Imperial Fists Librarian WIP  (Read 2417 times)

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
Imperial Fists Librarian WIP
« on: March 3, 2007, 11:36:02 PM »
Howdy.  Here is a Terminator Librarian conversion I made mostly painted.  Unfortunately they are not the best pics and some of the detail on the highlighting was washed out as is the richness of the blue.  You gotta believe me... really!  the extreme highlighting is some of the best I've done with 4 or 5 layers right at the edges for a real smooth blend and sharp contrast at the same time.  I'll have to get better pics without the flash but I didn't feel like setting up my usual dissapointing set up.  Anywho:

with the guys:

with Librarium command squad:

still needs banner, Imperial Fist Icon on shoulder pad and work on the face.  Believe it or not the bolter casing is black (shows you how washed out it is.)  oh and the sword and the book.

what d'ya think?

later WG
« Last Edit: March 3, 2007, 11:39:44 PM by web ghost »

Offline Alias The Jester

• "Gurth gothrim lye"
Re: Imperial Fists Librarian WIP
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2007, 09:05:21 AM »
Fantastic work there WG, As an Imperial Fist Player I know how hard it can be getting a good smooth Yellow , but you have done a grand job there mate.

The Termies and Lysander look Superb, I believe with a superior Yellow paint scheme The Fists are one of the most knock out armies on the tabletop looks wise.

Once again mate great work would love to see more piccies.

ATJ
"Llie n'vanima ar' lle atara lanneina"

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
Re: Imperial Fists Librarian WIP
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2007, 01:30:55 PM »
thnaks a bunch Alias the Jester.  Yeah, yellow is a major pain in the arse.  I can't bear the thought of doing any more.  I originally set out to do a 'counts' as Death Wing terminator army comprised of all Imperial Fist terminators and Imperial Fist successor chapter terminators (a unit of Crimson Fists and a unit of the Imperial Aquilas, a chapter I designed -Black with yellow Helmets with white stripe and white Aquila heraldry.)

after I painted the Librarian Blue, i got all jazzed up about blue and wanted to start in on the Crimson Fists squad but didn't have enough pieces.  I went all the way across town to a hobby store that has GW products at 25% off to get a couple boxes of terminators.  Someone must have went Death Wing cuckoo bananas because there were none.  I got a bunch of Tau things instead.  Thats what I'm thinking of the Scar Red for BTW.

there are a bunch more Imperial Fist pictures of Fist termies, dread, vets and troops in various states of completion in the link in my signiature if you want to check out more.

later WG