News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Carcharodons or Emperors Shadows?  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
Carcharodons or Emperors Shadows?
« on: June 2, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »
So with the new primaris space marines and boxed set coming out I figured why not jump on the train and start a new space marine army with pure primaris marines. I am really torn over which chapter to start.

The Carcharodons quickly became one of my favorite chapters after reading the red tithe and a lot of the conversions online are amazing. I love the tribal markings that they use on their armor and think starting my own army would give me a great chance to try out some conversions.

On the other hand the Emperor's Shadows have always seemed amazing to me and using plasticard on the new models to create samurai helmets seems like a cool idea and I have been making notes on the chapter for years and have a ton of ideas for them.

So anyways their it is, I truly have no idea which chapter I should go with so i thought I would check out what some other peoples thoughts were.

Cheers
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: Carcharodons or Emperors Shadows?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 09:29:43 AM »
I had a long think about it and I am going to say, go with the Emperor's Shadows.  For two reasons...one, they seem to suit Primarus Marines more.  The Carcharodons seem to be all about close assault and so far the Primarus Marines don't seem to have that going for them.  And two, there is so little information on the Shadows you're free to fill in the gaps yourself.  It was a tough call though because they're both awesome chapters.