News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1k harlequins  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
1k harlequins
« on: October 3, 2011, 10:06:27 AM »

Great Harlequin: 133
- Storm Glove
- Fusion pistol
- D-field
- Masque of the Dark Veil

6 Harlequins: 168
- 5 Kisses
- 1 Master(PW)
- 2 Fusion Pistols

Venom: 75
- Cannon
- Holo-field

- 5 Kisses
- 1 Master(PW)
- 2 Fusion Pistols

Venom: 75
- Cannon
- Holo-field

- 5 Kisses
- 1 Master(PW)
- 2 Fusion Pistols

2 Death Jesters: 106
- S-Bright Lance

2 Death Jesters: 106
- S-Bright Lance

Finally there is plenty of plastic kits and a proper venom model. Time to laugh some life into my 'quins.

Secondly, I gotta say I really like what you did with the list. It's not over the top and it matches the feel of the harlequins. Thanks to this it was a very easy sell in terms of allowing me to use this army list.
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline benmannen

• SPAMMER: I think my posts are important!
    • Benmannens Dark Eldar
Re: 1k harlequins
« Reply #1 on: October 4, 2011, 08:52:24 AM »
Looks good, this Codex is hard to play at low points, everything is quote expensive... But you have found a nice balance and invest in lots of Harlequins which will win you the games... Pistols are kinda uneccesary, they rarely get to shoot them, but they are nice for those rare occations where they were needed.

I've tried Death Jesters a couple of times and I suspect you will run them as I did, most of the Harlequins will deep strike and Death Jesters will mount up into Venoms, if they don't you've invested in some really expensive-easy to kill troops. I tried them as they come at base points, and they did well for me. It's some S6 shots with decent range that can do a little bit of damage to light vehicles and troops.

The Mocking Bird is a fun one if you want to try something instead of the Death Jesters (and those are quite expensive in money too)... You would get a Mocking Bird and a small unit of Mimes for the same points... Or a Mocking bird and 2 Death Jesters with cheaper weapons...
« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 09:17:27 AM by benmannen »

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
Re: 1k harlequins
« Reply #2 on: October 4, 2011, 02:18:39 PM »
Yeah, I take the pistols mainly for those times I just have to pop a vehicle or I am close enough to shot and charge.

I've eyed the bare-bone jester as well. S6 is nice and pinning the odd unit will make life easier as well. If I add a mocking bird I am probably going brutalize one of my old DE raiders.

This is by no means my final list. I aim to make a proper troupe and use DE as count-as rules for the times that it demands me to use official lists. However, I've put forth the unofficial list and so far it has been well-recieved. Happy times.
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.