News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hive Fleet Gaea  (Read 3078 times)

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Hive Fleet Gaea
« on: February 5, 2014, 11:35:12 PM »
Flyrant w/wings/2 tl devourers/:230
Prime w/miasma cannon/:150
2x30 Gants:240
2 Tervigons w/cluster spines/shreddershard beetles/:420
3 Carnifexes w/2 tl devourers/:450
2 Exocrines:340

I plan on the prime going with the unit of carnifexes. This list is also 1850 points and meant to take on all comers.  Not sure how I will employ the rest of the force it will be rather simple, this force is pretty straight forward.  I do regret not getting any venomthropes in the mix, but when I get to 2000 points I will include 2 and a zoey.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2014, 11:36:29 PM by BoyWonder »

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Re: Hive Fleet Gaea
« Reply #1 on: February 6, 2014, 08:28:57 AM »
Looks like a cool list.

The only thing that worries me is how you're going to deal with multiple leman russes?

And the Miasma cannon is an odd choice, why that and not devourer or a strangler for him?
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: February 6, 2014, 08:20:01 PM »
To be honest Im not sure how I will tackle armoured trailer parks.  That might be the only weakness to my force, even though the carnifexes will glance most tanks to death.

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #3 on: February 7, 2014, 08:07:09 AM »
Between your exocrines and tervigons you have a lot of anti-infantry already, its one of the things I like about your list.

I would swap 1 pair of TL devourers off of each of your fexes and replace it with a heavy venom cannon. That gives you 3 str 9 shots at any tank that doesn't fly and is still a template so can still be used as anti infantry.  Also, easier to wound things like wraithlords/knights should you need to shoot at em.

I would equip your Prime with Talons, Whip, Bonesword, and flesh hooks for a few reasons. One, to take out characters with power fists so they can't take out your fexes. Two, with an initiative of 8, you're going to be catching and cutting down any enemy unit that knows fear.  Three, he's not going to be contributing much to the shooting anyways!

You'll need another 15 points to pull this off so the only thing I can suggest is to drop the beetles from your tervigons.  I would keep them back a bit anyways as they're your scoring synapse and you should be keeping them safe anyways.

Then you'll have another 5 points for something somewhere.... hmm.  Maybe give a fex spine banks or give your Prime a deathspitter instead of talons as he has plenty of attacks base anyways.

What do ya think?

One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: February 8, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »
I do have 10 point left over so I could throw in the claws of thyrax on my prime. Venom cannons in my experience are not a reliable source for popping tanks.  I could also trade out the shreddershard beetles for elctroshock grubs. I could move the miasma cannon around from my prime to a tervigon but I think I placed it in the right area. I believe I will have to lean on my tyrant to but vehicles, that means a heavy venom cannon could be ideal there.
Flyrant w/wings/heavy venom cannon/maw claws of thyrax/:230
Prime w/miasma cannon/:150
2x30 Gants:240
2 Tervigons w/cluster spines/electroshock grubs/:420
3 Carnifexes w/2 tl devourers/:450
2 Exocrines:340