News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Godzilla list debuted in our Gaming Group tonight  (Read 1275 times)

Offline 2.0

• The Road to Enlightenment is Paved in Chaos
Godzilla list debuted in our Gaming Group tonight
« on: July 28, 2005, 02:03:29 AM »
I finally got a chance to bring em down and see what they were made of...

I got a chance to play the two armies that I think this army would have some of the toughest times against, Grey Knights and Alaitoc Eldar.  Grey Knights because of high initiative/high strength weaponry and the ability to take out my ripper swarms with a fell swoop of the halberds.  Alaitoc abviously because snipers can really hurt Monstrous Creatures.

Against the Grey Knights, I did really well and it was a good battle, I killed the last man at the top of turn 6.  My Godzilla Fex (the biggest of my heavy fex's) didn't get to combat, my Winged Tyrant scooped up 10 Grey Knight terminators including the Grand Master.  The coolest thing that happened though was against me.  I had a Screamer Killer that killed a Grey Knight squad down to the Justicar.  the Screamer had 3 of his 4 wounds left.  Justicar got his 3 attacks first.  3 hits.  3 sixes... dead Screamer Killer...

Against the Alaitoc, I was actually a bit worried after turn 1.  Almost everyone of my Fex's had a wound or two on them and two of my tyrant guard on my non-winged tyrant were dead.  But then my Winged Tyrant got in, and my leaping rippers got in range.  Once they were tied up and I got a couple heavy fex's regenerated a bit, the rest of the battle went south for the Eldar and I had them dead to the man by the end of Turn 4.

Slow army, but leaping rippers and a flying tyrant help distract til the rest get there.  I absolutely LOVE my Elite Fex with Enhanced Senses and 2 Twin Devourers.  Eight shots, rerolling everything is too sweet for words.  Overall the army is very fun and I'm glad I decided on it, got a bit of it painted and slowly working on the rest (of all 31 models).  My opponents don't have a problem playing it and I was demanded a rematch from the Grey Knights next week, so hopefully Battle 2 will go just as well.

Offline Bob the hungry hobo

• Painting vows kept:1 Broken:1
Re: Godzilla list debuted in our Gaming Group tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 04:14:13 AM »
I was thinking of a Godzilla list aswell, but it does have a lot of problems. :( The devourer fex is amazing though, even SMurfs fear it!

Just wondering what you used, ie; your list!

Also congrats on winning both of your games!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 04:15:17 AM by Bob the hungry hobo »

Offline zzhummelzz

• Almost doesn't count
    • My Trading Post
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 04:19:54 AM »
I also just watched a godzilla list the other day.  It was against Dark Angels, and the result was just about the same.  The footslogging Tyrant with Guard actually died in close combat, but the winged tyrant and carnifexes just ripped the lines apart when they got in there.
For cheap IG, Space Wolves, Dark Eldar and a WHFB Rulebook, check out the Trading Post.  I'm interested in buying/trading for: Eldar, 'Nids and Blood Angels.

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php/topic,91751.msg1060672.html#msg1060672

Offline 2.0

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 11:12:31 AM »
I was thinking of a Godzilla list aswell, but it does have a lot of problems. :( The devourer fex is amazing though, even SMurfs fear it!

Just wondering what you used, ie; your list!

Also congrats on winning both of your games!

Thanks!  Here was the list I used:

Hive Tyrant
Enhanced Senses
Toxin Sacs
Twin Devourer
Venom Cannon
3 Tyrant Guard

Hive Tyrant
Winged
Warp Field
Toxin Sacs
Bioplasma
Toxic Miasma
2 Sets of Scything Talons
Both Glands

Elite Carnifex
WS Gland
Bioplasma

Elite Carnifex
WS Gland
Bioplasma

Elite Carnifex
Enhanced Senses
2 Twin Linked Devourers

10 Rippers
Toxin Sacs
Leaping

10 Rippers
Toxin Sacs
Leaping

Heavy Carnifex
Bonded Exoskeleton
Enhanced Senses
Regenerate
Reinforced Chitin
Spinebanks
Twin Devourer
Venom Cannon

Heavy Carnifex
Bonded Exoskeleton
Enhanced Senses
Regenerate
Reinforced Chitin
Spinebanks
Twin Devourer
Venom Cannon

Godzilla-fex
Both Glands
Bio-Plasma
Bonded Exoskeleton
Extended Carapace
Regenerate
Reinforced Chitin
Mace Tail
Thornback
Toxin Sacs
Toxic Miasma
Tusked
Crushing Claws
Scything Talons

Offline Destoroyah

• I'll show you how the gods kill.
    • The Myspace
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 12:11:09 PM »
I'm looking forward to having two Tyranid lists. One of them being an updated version of my 3rd edition list(Fast Assault) and the new fangled Godzilla list(since I like the big baddies so much). I'm quite pleased to hear that the godzilla swarm fares well in-game and may persuade me to build that list first.

Offline rkyb01

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 04:00:15 PM »
I have been building a godzilla army too - actually it is already built, but painting is going slow.

Anyway, did your close combat fexes get much action? My fear is that they won't get into combat in enough time to do much good.

In my list, I have three elite twin linked, twin devourer models, I love them so much. And my shooty tyrant is armed the same way too - 12 shots , re-rolling wounds and misses, on the move. It ROCKS.

Offline 2.0

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 09:50:23 PM »
First off, I did forget to mention my high point in the game against the Grey Knights...  My flying Tyrant ate 10 Grey Knight terminators including the Grand Master... that was nice!

But I digress, my screamer killers actually did do some damage and Zillafex went on a rampage in the Eldar game (though he missed combat against the Grey Knights).  I see it this way, if my CC monsters are still alive and never got to see combat, then I must have won  :)

Offline chrsjxn

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 01:53:28 AM »
My Godzilla list, if I ever make it, would drop a single heavy support carnifex for 3 zoanthropes. And give all 5, then, of the psykers the Psychic Scream power (and maybe Shadow in the Warp if playing against an army with opposing psykres).

Would be painful to see an entire army broken of mind and running screaming from the very slowly moving horde approaching it.

Sadly, to even think of building the list would cost way more money than I have, or am likely to be able to spare for a few years. Oh well.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 07:30:45 AM »
cheers for the 'template' list. My 2 favourite Godzilla's are a winged Tyrant and a Devourer totting fex! 2 Devourer fex's and a screamer killer would be excellent Elites in my Opinion.

Offline Yabadabadoo

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 01:13:34 PM »
im thinking about it actually, that is building a carnifex army, although transporting this army is EVIL! how do you guys acomplish carrying 8 monstrous creatures around? other thing is i have like 50 models that are for swarm nids, and onlty 1 carnifex that is poorly equipped:venom cannon, scything talons...

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 01:20:40 PM »
I'm cheap when it comes to transporting armies and use a standard cardboard box and somebubble wrap. I also use some foam from Craft shops for heavy metal models like Hive Tyrants and the like!

Offline vsurma

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 05:00:55 AM »
My Godzilla list, if I ever make it, would drop a single heavy support carnifex for 3 zoanthropes. And give all 5, then, of the psykers the Psychic Scream power (and maybe Shadow in the Warp if playing against an army with opposing psykres).

Would be painful to see an entire army broken of mind and running screaming from the very slowly moving horde approaching it.

Sadly, to even think of building the list would cost way more money than I have, or am likely to be able to spare for a few years. Oh well.

Muhahah I already built this list! although I didnĀ“t have the stones to use 5 screams, winged tyrant needs his warp field.
Still 4 screams is nice. Though I have not really had much luck making my enemies run. IG managed to pass a test with -7 ld! wtf (ok well they failed but shot the commisar and stayed)

I got a big box to move them around in, its not greeat but it works for me.
Also I made my elite fexs out of tyrant guard models so that saves space.