News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Robin Williams came to my LGS today  (Read 22094 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Re: Robin Williams came to my LGS today
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 04:51:33 PM »
Robin Williams plays/played 40k a lot with Billy Crystal, they do voices for all their figures as they move and fire them. Apparently it's absolutely hilarious to watch.

Are there any videos of this... I would love to see that  :D
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Eidolon

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 04:53:22 PM »
If i was a celebrity, I would invest in GW. I would then use my celebrity to be seen publicly at as many events and stores as possible. Thereby promoting the game and raising my stock values.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
I get a kick out of all these questions of "was he funny" and "did he make any jokes"?  My question would be "was he cool"... I wouldn't expect someone whose job is comedy to be constantly funny (though it would be awesome if they were).

Well it's good to finally have some proof that there are famous people that are involved in our (less than) illustrious hobby!

I got to admit though he doesn't look all that thrilled at having his picture taken lol
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Pandacron

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 05:48:42 PM »
Y'know, I always gotta feel bad when fans go running up to celebrities, asking for autographs and pictures. Being a Celebrity is a double-edged sword and a lot of times it tends to wear on the folks.

Personally, if I saw Robin Williams or any other celebrity of any kind, I'd be definitely have a big stupid grin on my face, but I'd try to be very cool about it and treat them like any ol' acquaintance. They come to game stores and what not to relax and kinda be a normal folk. If they want a game or chill at my table, I'll be giddy as hell. If not, eh. I'm not going to drag my seat over.

Of course, it's when I get home do I start giggling like a school girl and rambling at everyone I know will keep their mouth shut about how frickin' sweet it was to play/paint with/be around/share the same air as said celebrity.  :D

Offline augustmanifesto

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 01:20:59 AM »
Mr. Peanut!!!!!!! while its a truly, truly, truly awesome, I'm not sure if Mr. William would appreciate it. Or would he care? just throwing it out there. If he would care, should we care that he cares?
join 40k0 on facebook!

Biff Puzzled his brains. He thunk fast. The Emp was the Emp, natch. Techs worshiped the Emp. Even Scum swore by the Emp...The Emp was megabossgod. Yet who was the Emp? Where was the Emp?
Everwhere. Nowhere
Somewhere.
Not Here...
So maybe nowhere near.
Maybe the Emp was further away than Biff could imagine. And even more mega.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 02:45:06 PM »
IIRC he possesses an ork army converted to look like hasidic jews. Also, Will SMith plays as well. Forget which movie, but one of his armies is depicted near the beginning.

Nice pic. I've always wanted to grab a game against him, based on stories of his playstyle. My friends and I often do the same thing with narration, etc. It's really a much better game that way.

Offline Only Slightly Crazy

• Those Damm commies! Impurifing our bodily fluids!
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 03:27:17 PM »
There is a reason why so many celbrities play 40k... their the only one who can afford it!  ;D

Seriously, thats cool. The most awesome Celebrity to play agianst would have to be Gerad Butler. Seriously, any army he played and voiced I would love.
DISCLAMER! Any thing offensive can be considered a joke in bad taste. Thank you!

Offline HORDE

• Infinity Circuit
    • Horde's Deathwing Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 11:20:08 AM »
mr williams also plays a lot of d&d i'm told.

now THAT would be a gaming group - robin williams, mike myers, vin diesel, Matt Groening, lexa doig and kevin smith. heaven...
If you roll enough dice - everything dies eventually.
My Deathwing Blog