News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Deepkin: Fuethan Conclave List  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Deepkin: Fuethan Conclave List
« on: November 9, 2018, 12:11:08 PM »
So, most of this list is assembled and is the process of being painted. All that I'm missing is one more box of Namarti Thralls and the Eidolon of Mathlann. Wanted to go ahead and put this list up here for advice before I purchase the Mathlann in the next couple of months. So, without further ado:

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin - Mortal Realm: Hysh
 - Enclave: Fuethan

LEADERS
Vulturnos, High King of the Deep (280)
- General

Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Sea (440)
- Artefact : Lens of Refraction
- Lore of the Deeps : Vorpal Maelstrom

UNITS
6 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard
30 x Namarti Thralls
20 x Namarti Reavers

ENDLESS SPELLS
Soulsnare Shackles
Quicksilver Swords

TOTAL: 2000/2000

118 wounds in total, not bad for an elite army, but we could have even more if I replaced the Eidolon with a couple of Isharan and maybe another of unit of something. The Eidolon has quite a price tag on it, but it's big, very fast, and most importantly, is a huge Wizard that can throw his weight around objectives.

I think having the Eidolon bolster the Namarti with his leadership buff would be a great boon. Plus, he has a great missile weapon in the Deep Sea Scepter, and he is fairly decent in combat, but not the best. His ability to heal D3 wounds if he opts not to re-roll his casting is also handy. Plus he can cast two spells a turn, and coupled with his already great default spells, I probably won't be using Vorpal Maelstrom much.

-Volturnos is my pick for General, his command ability is great support for both of my Akhelian units, so he'll probably be riding alongside one unit or the other to lend his support. Morsarr Guard already pack quite a wallop, so I think he'd be great for leading the Ishleans and increasing their capabilities. Plus he's a beast in close combat, and at the points cost he is at, I'll take it.

- A screen-but-a-deadly-one is my full unit of Namarti Thralls. Like in the Lore, I want these guys screening my archers and pinning the enemy in place for some devastating Akhelian charges. I've only used my Namarti Thralls twice, and when they get to swing in the combat phase, they're doing me proud. When they're hit though, they're quite brittle in the jaw lol. So this time, I'll be taking a unit of 30 and see how they hold up.

-And finally, a full unit of Reavers and some Endless Spells to support any part of the battle that requires some bolstering.