News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Daughters of Khaine (Hagg Nar Sect) 2000 PTS  (Read 1498 times)

Online Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Daughters of Khaine (Hagg Nar Sect) 2000 PTS
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:54:34 PM »
Any Daughters of Khaine players on the forum? Got a 2000 Point list that I want to begin working towards. Let me know what you think! :)

EDIT: Made some changes to the list!

Allegiance: Daughters Of Khaine
 - Temple: Hagg Nar

Leaders

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron Of Blood
- General
- Command Trait : Devoted Desciples
- Artefact : Thousand and One Dark Blessings
- Prayer : Sacrament of Blood

Units

30 x Witch Aelves
-Pairs of Sacrificial Knives

30 x Witch Aelves

30 x Witch Aelves

5 x Blood Sisters

5 x Blood Sisters

5 x Blood Stalkers

5 x Blood Stalkers

5 x Khinerai Lifetakers

5 x Khinerai Lifetakers

Battalions
Cauldron Guard

Total: 2000 / 2000

30 Witches and 30 Sisters of Slaughter to charge in and cut through infantry, one in the center, and one nearby on the flank. 10 aelf Witch Squad is meant for rearguard duty and objective guarding. Blood Sisters are meant to anchor and put pressure on a particular flank. The Khinerai are meant to be in reserve from turn one, then come down behind enemy lines and clean up any vulnerable ranged units. When they complete their task, the Khinerai will charge into any combats or weakened units (hopefully from the rear) and help finish them off.

Also, many Hag Queens for Witch Brew.

That's how I'm planning it for the most part! Would appreciate any advice!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Daughters of Khaine (Hagg Nar Sect) 2000 PTS
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 04:16:33 PM »
I've not see the DoK on the table yet, nor do I have the Battletome, so I can't speak for any of the Sects, relics and such, but, seems like a solid enough list.

The only major advice to give, is that you have far too many heros. In AoS, you probably don't want more than 2-3 heroes, depending on the cost. As, for the most part, heroes are weaker than units. Unless they can give units a substantal buff, then it's not worth stacking too much of them. Your list, has 680pts in heroes alone, which is crazy. I'd drop three of the Hag Queens for sure, as there is no reason you need 4 of them. A single hero is a good unit to leave behind on objectives if you have an agressive army. A ten strong unit of witches not getting into combat, and camping on an objective, doesn't help in any way. I'd use the points saved from dropping three hag queens, on buffing up that small unit of wyches, or Blood Stalkers. If you don't have the models yet, I'd build the blood seekers in your list as blood stalkers too. Mortal wounds on ranged attacks is always good. They are a fantastic unit to hold back with, and snipe characters.

I hope this helps!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Online Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 09:00:18 PM »
Hey Killersquid, thanks for the feedback!

Actually, it's funny that you mention the substantial buff, cause that's exactly why I chose them. Apparently Hag Queens are one of the biggest buffers in AoS because of their Witch Brew, or so I've heard. Every hero phase, one unit can drink one Hag Queen's Witch Brew if they are within 3". That units gets re-roll 1s to wound and immunity from battle shock test, couple that with the Blood Rites Table, where witches can also get reroll 1s to hit (by turn 3 I think, 2 if you have one of the relics or sect rules), then it kind of gets crazy.

Might be a little too much though, so I may dial it back in either case ;D.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 09:13:37 PM »
I just See that half your points are in heroes, and heros can die really quickly in AoS, so those ponts could be a massive liability. Especially, as all missions require the capturing of objectives, and you need bodies to capture them.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Online Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 09:27:31 PM »
Yeah, you are correct, I think I went too overboard ;D. I'll make some changes, just need to ponder on what changes I'll make.

Posted up a new list! Tried to fit in two units of Blood Stalkers, but I couldn't do that with the additions I made and wasn't sure what I could cut to be honest.

Tell me what you think!

Posts merged.  Please avoid double posting in most cases.  Please see forum rule 4g for further details - Iris.