News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: can somebody help me  (Read 438 times)

Offline shas o smith

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
can somebody help me
« on: May 24, 2005, 08:32:24 AM »
could you please give me eney help of wot to use in a tau army becuase i am fighting a space marine army in a 2k battle

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline xv15.

Re: can somebody help me
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 10:22:54 AM »
crisis teams with plasma rifles, and whatever else (missile pods or burst cannons probably) and a multitracker. You want the punch of the plasma rifle and then you want to compliment that with multiple shots. Some might go for a stealth team, but in a 2,000 point game most would probably want to max out their elite slots with xv8s. Make sure you have a strong base of fire warriors. A lot of tau commanders make the mistake of entirely relying on their suits for marine killing power, but the real casualties should come from your troops. Do not let a readily available s5 weapon go to waste. Hammerhead is a given, not just for AT power (which hould be handled by xv88s imo), but mainly because it can stay mobile, keep your opponenet guessing, at bay, and afraid; and land pie-plates wounding on 2+ on those ceramite armoured warriors of his. There's no way you'll ever field enough plasma rifles to win the game alone, you just need to force him to roll a lot of saves. Here is a gneral army make up I'd recommend:

Shas'o (130 points maybe with gear)
3x 3-strong xv8 with plasma rifles, missile pods, and MT (maybe kit one out with burst cannons and plasma rifles) (630 points or so)(more if you take drones)
at least 4 full strength teams of fire warriors (520 points, always bond them)
Hammerhead (ion cannon - This is very important for finishing off units dangerously close to your lines that an entire crisis teams firepower would be a waste on - probably 150 points maybe)
hammerhead (maybe 160-170 depending on gear)
xv88 team (240 or so)

again I did not add anything Im just throwing out numbers that seem about right, I could add everything up for you off the top of my head, which would be fairly accurate (been playing tau since they came out, have 5.3k of them) but ill leave all the technicalities to you.

Those reccomended units leave you with 160 points to spare(roughly), maybe take a drone squad and 6-strong fire warrior team.

The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.