News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Marines chapter rules  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Haitou

• Yeah... Culmination.
Space Marines chapter rules
« on: July 15, 2002, 10:36:42 AM »
Where could I find the rules for different chapters?  I've read through my friend's space marine codex.  Found nothing.  I know a few chapters have their own codexes, but that dosen't really help me either.  Neither did the games workshop website.  I'm looking for special rules for the Imperial Fists chapter, but can't find them anywhere.  Can anyone give me a hand?
WWSD

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
Re:Space Marines chapter rules
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 11:38:32 AM »
You might want to check out Index Astartes.  Index Astartes is a codexish thing GW made that has fluff and some special rules on each founding chapter (Dark Angels, Emperor's Childrem, Iron Warriors, White Scars, Space Wolves, Imperial fists, Hight Lords, Blood Angels, Iron Hands, Worldeaters, Ultramarines, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, World Bearers, Salamanders, Raven Guard and Alpha Legion). I now that the Dark Angels part is just an update for thier codex and i think the Space Wolves part is the same as well but I have only flipped thought the book once at the hobby shop i go to but I'm pretty sure they have Imperial fists rules in it.

Offline Haitou

• Yeah... Culmination.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 11:57:50 AM »
I've read that, too.  I couldn't find much Imperial Fist info at all.  Its really hard to find stuff about this chapter.
WWSD

Offline OwlManAtt

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 12:37:29 PM »
Try using yahoo or google to find some Imp. Fists fan sites..and if you get lcky they might have the special rules. Or you could ask on the games workshop website forums. I hope this helps.

Offline Warsmith Cobalt Thrax

• Iron Within, Iron Without.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2002, 02:00:44 PM »
I've got the WD with their special rules.  I can e-mail them to you.  Just send me an e-mail.

wulfenkind@hotmail.com
Think you can beat me? Let's ride.
-Warsmith Cobalt Thrax

Offline CorpBoy

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 06:50:34 PM »

Where could I find the rules for different chapters?  I've read through my friend's space marine codex.  Found nothing.  I know a few chapters have their own codexes, but that dosen't really help me either.

Well, the Codex: Space Marines IS the rulebook for most of the chapters.  Some chapters have their own special rules as dictated by their respective codex (Blood Angels, Space Wolves, etc.).

If I understand my SM fluff well enough, the vanilla codex represents the organizational tendencies for chapters which proscribe to the Index Astartes laid down by the Ultramarine Primarch, Roboutte Guilliman (sp?)

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2002, 09:03:28 AM »
search for the imperial fists on the net.  ie goto www.google.com and search for "imperial fists".  then search looking through all the websites until you find what you are looking for.

hope this helps :)
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Callidus

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2002, 08:09:49 PM »
Trust the C'tan Man to find anything....
http://www.thewarp.net/war/millenium/scenarios/fistcodex.html
Codex: Imperial Fists. I'm not sure if someone just made it up, but it seems real. ::)

Offline Kal

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2002, 10:25:00 AM »
The Imperial do have their own rules, but all they are is a modification to Codex SM. They basicly allow your enemy to play an extra turn and you have a few bonuses when fighting in your own forifcations.....

Kal