News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Projects  (Read 74057 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Killersquid's Projects : Talons of the Emperor And Ghouls
« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2018, 12:27:15 PM »
Never underestimate the power of a silver highlight on gold and copper colors. Maybe a real light grey/white highlight on the suits. That being said, I like your guys the way they are. Do up a base and see.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #301 on: May 31, 2018, 01:01:19 PM »
Never underestimate the power of a silver highlight on gold and copper colors. Maybe a real light grey/white highlight on the suits. That being said, I like your guys the way they are. Do up a base and see.

? I do have Silver highlights on my good. I'm a huge fan of that. I do have a grey/white highlight on the suits.

[
That troupe master is amazing. I love the paint job. Itching to take those harlies on in a game. My dark eldar need some more trophies, but from the sounds of it, I'd have a pretty tough task at that. Congrats on winning your first few times out with the new codex!

I donno, I think dark eldar would be tough. They are just as fast as we are, and way more shootier. It's shooting and psychic heavy armies which give me the most trouble.

I keep forgetting stuff, like using a warlord trait, or which strategems to use. There is a bit of an overload of new stuff in the codex which I'm not used to from playing the index.

The transition from index-codex for my Custodes army was a lot easier, as Custodes didn't have any funky additional special rules to remember either lol.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
The Troupe Master is freaking sick KS. I love it. Really looking forward to painting up my Great Harlequin in a unique scheme too. Totally inspirational.

Glad to hear you've had a good run with your Harlies. How did that game against Ad-Mech go. They are a weird match-up... I'd love to know a little bit about the lists and the ups and downs of the game. Trying to get as much intel as possible as I build my own Harlies
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2018, 02:37:03 PM »
Love that Great Harlequin KS. Really nice colour scheme and very well executed too. He'll look superb leading up your army.

That game against KSons sounds really frustrating! 4 wounds from a win, leading to a crushing defeat...the dice Gods are certainly cruel and fickle!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #304 on: June 1, 2018, 09:11:54 AM »
The Troupe Master is freaking sick KS. I love it. Really looking forward to painting up my Great Harlequin in a unique scheme too. Totally inspirational.

Glad to hear you've had a good run with your Harlies. How did that game against Ad-Mech go. They are a weird match-up... I'd love to know a little bit about the lists and the ups and downs of the game. Trying to get as much intel as possible as I build my own Harlies

Well, I'm basically running the same list I've been playing since 7th edition lol. The new codex doesn't change the way I play, just makes some of my choices work better and makes things a bit cheaper.

Multiple squads in transports, a few support characters, and a few squads of bikes. Although, I can now take three squads of bikes, unlike just two in 7th edition.

I run mostly Kisses on my troupes, and have a couple fusion pistols in each squad.

The Admech game was fairly straightforward. I advance everything turn 1, focusing on one flank. Shuriken to take down troops, while I focused fusion pistols to kill robots, kataphran, and Cawl. He went into 'shooting' mode with his robots right away, so I charged them with Starweavers to stop them shooting.

Really, the game is mostly decided on how much damage he can do Turn 1. In this specific case, he didn't destroy any of my transports, that worked well for me.

Love that Great Harlequin KS. Really nice colour scheme and very well executed too. He'll look superb leading up your army.

That game against KSons sounds really frustrating! 4 wounds from a win, leading to a crushing defeat...the dice Gods are certainly cruel and fickle!

Yeah, Playing agaisnt armies like Thousand Sons can be a fairly un-inspiring experiance. You just sit there while they endlessly cast powers I can't do anything to stop, and remove models as they take mortal wounds.

In this game, he boosted Magns up turn 1 with warptime, and wrecked a bunch of stuff. My whole army went into Magnus, and didn't kill him. He then proceeded to wipe me in his second turn.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #305 on: June 1, 2018, 09:50:12 AM »
The mask on the Troupe Master is a nice touch, as well as the decals on the ribbons.

You're getting to play on some nice game boards too, that larva tunnel one looked like a nice way to change things up.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2018, 09:26:24 AM »
That Troupe Master is brilliant dude :) love the fanged look of his mouth. Great touch ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

• Ancient
Re: Killersquid's Projects
« Reply #307 on: July 7, 2018, 10:28:16 AM »
Been fondling these new spells.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #308 on: July 8, 2018, 07:49:14 AM »
Beautiful! Great paint jobs. I love how you've kept each one unique.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #309 on: July 8, 2018, 10:01:52 PM »
No fair! Haha! I've been eyeing them myself. They look amazing, now if I start playing the new Aos, I may have to get them.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #310 on: July 9, 2018, 07:10:40 AM »
Those spells look amazing KS. They seem incredibly receptive to a fairly simple paint job and look fantastic. Those jaws especially look helluva cool.

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #311 on: July 10, 2018, 02:45:59 AM »
Very cool-looking spells indeed, good job!
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #312 on: July 10, 2018, 03:38:51 PM »
All of those spells were already looking great, Killersquid, but what you've done with them makes them stand out as truly impressive. Look the dark flame look on the Ravening Jaws the most, and the cool collage of colors on the Suffocating Gravetide. All of them look pretty snazzy, please tell us how they perform for you on the Battlefield :D.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #313 on: July 11, 2018, 09:26:47 AM »
all look great, but nice glow effect on the tidal wave :)

• Ancient
« Reply #314 on: July 11, 2018, 12:11:12 PM »
I've used the spells in three games so far. In the first game, I used just the Quicksilver swords, and over the course of three turns, it did three mortal wounds.

In my second game, I failed to cast any the whole game.

In my third game, I summoned the Chromantic Cogs, and the Ravening Jaws. Jaws preformed really well for me, especially as my opponent was quite bunched up, so I was doing D3 mortal wounds to 3-5 units a turn. Nothing terribly game breaking, and it took be a few turns to actually cast it, as a casting value of 8 is hard to get off.

I find for me flesh eaters, as I don't get bonuses to casting, getting the spells off is fairly difficult, as they all tend to have high casting costs. Also, a lot of the spells I'll never use, as I can't make good use of them (like the Spellportals), or they'd end up hurting me too (like the Shackles and Purple Sun). The Purple Sun, is super dangerous for an assault army to cast, as it effects all nearby units and can be fairly destructive. But, it's so expensive, that it's often going to be not worth the cost.

I think the Jaws is a good spell, and I want to try the Geminids of Ulgish as well. They'd be very good at dealing with deathstars.

Also, I've been working on my Talons of the Emperor. I have a silly idea that I want to eventually run 90 sisters of silence.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #315 on: July 11, 2018, 11:49:18 PM »
Those sisters look incredible. I love your choice of the purple and silver. Very regal.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2018, 09:29:02 AM »
Thanks for the reviews of the new spells that you've used so far KS. I'm thinking that picking up that box wouldn't be such a bad idea after all. You do get a lot of plastic for the money and it sounds fun.

I'll echo DoW's comments about the Sisters too. Silver and purple is such a killer combo and you've pulled it off well here. The bases are looking great too. But 90 of the Sisters??!!! You're loco bud!

• Ancient
« Reply #317 on: July 12, 2018, 10:28:01 PM »
The spells box is great, and the box contains a nice booklet too. The book has, amongst other things, artifacts for the realms, so you can theme your army based on the realm it hails from.

I'm working on a new army, and I can't decide between shadow or light. It's going to be a clan skyre army!

The 90 sisters is a pipe dream, of mine. Not a goal I realistically intend to meet lol.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2018, 02:35:12 PM »
Wow, KS gotta say I am loving the Sisters!
I really like the models that they did for the Sisters of silence and I have on a few occasions toyed with making a sisters of battle army using those models. Seeing that paint job is putting that thought back in my head!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #319 on: August 4, 2018, 11:56:33 AM »
Fantastic stuff KS. The Sisters and the Spells looking amazing. Glad to see you focusing on the Talons of the Emperor. I love the more esoteric elements of the Imperium and you are doing them justice with the brush (and from some insights from Skari!). Anyway love it bud. Keep rocking I wanna see more.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/