News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: hard hitting wood elf combos  (Read 441 times)

Offline Apocalypse

• Peace through superior firepower
hard hitting wood elf combos
« on: September 26, 2003, 07:23:59 AM »
what are some good hard hiting combos for the wood elves?

please explain in a little detail why you think the combo is effective, as it dosnt help me to hear stuff like "I like treeman cause they can treewhack."   ;)

Thanks,
Apoc
Never argue with an idiot, they just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

There's a fine line between crazy and genious, I just choose to walk that line.

Offline Loki_81

• ahoy
Re:hard hitting wood elf combos
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 09:07:29 PM »
I like the treeman because they can treewhack.

Nuff said?

Ha, anyways i truly think that our strategy of hit 'em first and hard would work well with the woodies. I already explained this to Apoc last night, but for everyone else what i am saying is to play the woodies aggressively.

Most people, including apoc, think that to play a defensive game you sit, shoot, and assault when your enemy gets in range. Well my thought on this is the opposite. Take your fast hard hitters, wardancers, dryad, horsemen, treeman, and send them at full speed at your enemy. While this is going on you have set up good lines of sight to your enemy with you archers, and send your great eagles in to screw up the march, giving you a few more turns of shooting. Hopefully with you overall good speed you will make it across half before your opponent. This is where you start the assault, you want to target the units your archers can't hurt, and kill them here instead of infront of your line where they get the chance of overrun.

Even if you lose this first assault you have hopefully smashed the things you fear. Now this assault may have also blocked marching lines, so you get yet another few turns of shoots to the things you can draw Los to in behind the assault, with your archers on a hill of course. Now you have probably killed the things you can't handle in assault by now and your enemy is still half way across the board, guaranteeing you yet more turns of shoots.

Yes I have given way too much information to my opponent, but in my eyes it makes for a better game. Also don't think i'm not comming up with a counter for it there apoc, so may i suggest you use this against the others in our campaign and i'll keep my mouth shut? Deal?

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 10:02:59 AM »
a tandem charge of a unit dryads and a treeman is VERY scary.

lets say you have 9 of them in a unit, then after lineup 6 of them are in Base to Base and using the aspect which give you +1 S.

then you have 12 str5 attacks + the treemans attacks = pain

another way to gain strength is the lord with hunting spear on an eagle.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 10:03:56 AM by danceman »
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline Orion God

• You cant hide the truth.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 04:26:25 PM »
With the speed of We you can esily flank the enemy from every side.

For example the last turnament I was in I played against a chaos player he had lots of chaos warriors and stuff like that so he didn't have many units.

So the game went like that I always attacked from both flanks, from front and also from behind.

So the poor chaos warrios didn't even have a change.