News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Guard and Land Raider Spear Head - 1850  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Guard and Land Raider Spear Head - 1850
« on: August 21, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »
Been looking at the land raider spear head from the SM codex and how I can use that in my other armies.

I think I found a use for bullgryns!  Plus, assaulting demo vets will put the serious hurt on any tank or MC in the game with that many melta bombs.  So I made a list, hope you like it!

Astra Militarium

Lord Commissar
Power Fist Carapase Armour

Priest

Troops

Veterans
Flamer x2 Heavy Flamer Demolitions
Veterans
Flamer x2 Heavy Flamer Demolitions
Veterans
Grenade Launcher x3 Auto Cannon Forward Sentries
Veterans
Grenade Launcher x3 Auto Cannon Forward Sentries

Elite

Bullgryns x5
Maul and Shield x3

Fast Attack

Rough Riders x10
Flamer x2

Land Raider Spear Head - Iron Hands

Land Raider
Multimelta
Land Raider
Multimelta
Land Raider Crusader
Storm Bolter

Officio Assassinorum Detachment

Callidus Assassin

1850 points
59 models.

Priest goes with bullgryns in Crusader, Demo vets go in other raiders.  I gave them flamers because of the demo charge, this will allow them to take on any type of unit they come across.  Charge and flamers for infantry, meltabombs for tanks.  Rough riders follow up behind one of the Reg Raiders to support the vets.  The Sentry vets move up and take objectives, one has the commissar in it.  Assassin is there to be annoying as she can set up very close to the enemy.   I'm totally happy dropping her, I just don't know for what else to take as I have no guard tanks.  I think she'll work well as I can threaten an antitank squad, which will stink for my opponent with 3 raiders on the table.

Thoughts?

Edit:
I could also make this a 1500 point list by dropping the assassin, a sentry vet squad, and the rough riders.  That's a thought too cause that hits hard for that point level I think.

Edit:  Removed description of Land Raider Spearhead formation  and Calidus' deployment rules.  Please operate under the assumption that people know the rules you are referring to.  --- GML
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 02:05:02 AM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.