News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Burgers4me's Final Fortnight  (Read 1345 times)

Offline burgers4me

• Burgers, The Delicious Graduate
    • Story of The Gods (SotG)
Burgers4me's Final Fortnight
« on: February 4, 2011, 07:14:56 AM »
So, I with two weeks left before I take the long and fateful journey north to Brisbane for the start of my University life. But with a lot of free time before I go, it is time to tackle the pile of boxes  that has built up. I have some 4K points of Marines and Orks to paint.

Basically I have Deathwing Army, a footslogging SMurf army and two sets of ABoR Orks (Might nab some Eldar or BA if I go REEAAALLLY well). It is easily close to 150 models. If I can paint 10 models a day I have my dream completed. Of course, with spray gun technology I can do bit more than 10 models a day.

With a budget of $150 I shall begin my vow tomorrow. I ask of you two things, my fellows of 40KO. One, could you please encourage, support, humour and critique me for the next two weeks. And secondly, are any of you going to Brisbane for tertiary education, or in the Brisbane area. I shall bring the profits of this and we can have a game  :D

Burgers!
What, Wait?

Why do I even have this thing...

"There is no such thing as a bad story. Just one that can be improved."

Offline ChaplainRobb

Re: Burgers4me's Final Fortnight
« Reply #1 on: February 4, 2011, 08:47:07 AM »
Woohoo!  Go Burgers!  You can do it!
Just take lots of pictures.  And post them.  This should be interesting.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.  - George Carlin

Check my Blog for the Emperor's Shields at:
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?blog=14.0

Offline burgers4me

« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2011, 07:14:58 AM »
Merde!

Two weeks is short enough, but the amount of things happening is ridiculous!

Firstly, lost 2 days to sister being ill, then, spent a day organising. Today I was all ready to start but I have lost by damn plastic glue! I walk to the nearby shopping centre (1 hour round trip by foot) to find the store that supplies all my hobby products is closed! And I don't have the option to go to Brisbane.

The nail in the coffin is that I am going to a boat festival in Tasmania! While it should be an awesome trip, with fireworks, booze and what not, it will devour all my time till Sunday! I have lost a week!

But time must be used well. My codex and WDs will make the trip with me. Army lists will be planned, and painting set down. If I have everything ready by the time I get back, I should be sweet. Hopefully :)

And plus, I could sneak a trip to the Hobart Battle Bunker!

Burgers! is flavoured with !
What, Wait?

Offline burgers4me

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 03:34:15 AM »
Yay, I am back with somewhat of a vengeance. Super glue is burning, Tasmanian government is a douche and my 'Hawkwing' is just finishing construction! YAY!

I must post some pictures one I get hold of a camera...

Burgers!
What, Wait?

Offline Critically_Hit

• Now likes bolters...
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 04:19:47 PM »
Burn on! We of the motivational squad demand pictures of your great modelling frenzy!
In case of doubt, duck! Hit the ground... Though not a tactical advantage per sé, it does make you feel safer for a couple of seconds