News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar is next.  (Read 20733 times)

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: Eldar is next.
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2017, 01:02:14 PM »
Fire prism fix is huge. Being able to fire its cannon at the same rate as the Night Spinner in its anti-infantry mode makes it very strong. ~4 shots on Focussed mode, even if the damage output isn't great, is still pretty respectable also.

Ranger price reduction is bigger than I thought it would be, and is a pleasant surprise. This makes a minimum squad of Rangers almost the cheapest Troop Eldar can take, maybe I'll give them a shot. I'm not sure it'll actually make sense to take lots of rangers (at least for my footdar army) but taking one squad of 5 seems more viable now.

Craftworld Trait was what I expected.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2017, 01:52:16 PM »
Super stoked on Rangers + Prisms. I've been using Rangers in every game of 8th and they've been of immense value. I've played IG non-stop... and their character killing prowess really turned the tides on so many occasions. I could see taking Illic + 3x Rangers in an Alaitoc and some Reapers and Fire Prisms all damn day, supported by a Ynnari Outrider with jetbikes + incubi and wraithguard/blades. I think that'd be a super nice counter to the super competitive IG lists I've been playing against. Even have my Rangers painted in a unique scheme to get some nice fluff tied in.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:53:39 PM by Cavalier »
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2017, 09:35:43 PM »
I was thinking the same Autarch with reaper launcher, sniping characters, but I think you can do that even better with Illic, if my source is correct his gun got a serious buff.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2017, 09:45:05 PM »
This is probably similar to Kor'Sarro Khan not having his bike in the current marine dex so youre to use the rules from the index. Where I saw this I cannot recall but I have lots of autarchs with various gear & like hell Im not using it!

Here found it on this page. Might print it out for my own record.

Codexes: Your Questions Answered – Warhammer Community

"There are a few options that are missing in the codex that appear in the index: why is that? Does that mean I can’t use these models in my army anymore?
While the indexes are designed to cover a long history of miniatures, the codexes are designed to give you rules for the current Warhammer 40,000 range. There are a few options in the indexes for some Characters and vehicles that are no longer represented in the Citadel range – certain Dreadnought weapons that don’t come in the box, or some characters on bikes, for example.
Don’t worry though, you can still use all of these in your games if you have these older models. In these instances, use the datasheet from the index, and the most recent points published for that model and its weapons (currently, also in the index).
They still gain all the army wide-bonuses for things like Chapter Tactics and can use Space Marines Stratagems and the like, so such venerable heroes still fit right in with the rest of your army."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:52:51 PM by Aoitora »

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
Yeah, gw is getting into the habit of only publishing rules for models and options that come in kits they sell.

Something I have no issue with, to be honest. I like knowing that if a unit has an option, it's all in the box.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2017, 10:25:05 PM »
Translation: Get all the books. Otherwise, get a new model that has the data sheet included, if you're lucky.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Blazinghand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2017, 06:49:58 AM »
For what it's worth the Games Workshop rule is that if a model does not appear in a new Codex then it can still legally be played using the index rules for that model. An example of this is the techmarine on bike. This is normally done with models that GW no longer produces. So you can still use your warp jump generator autarch!

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2017, 11:19:33 AM »
For what it's worth the Games Workshop rule is that if a model does not appear in a new Codex then it can still legally be played using the index rules for that model. An example of this is the techmarine on bike. This is normally done with models that GW no longer produces. So you can still use your warp jump generator autarch!

Curious how this works if point cost of wargear is different between index and codex.

Offline Garion

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2017, 01:46:36 PM »
Curious how this works if point cost of wargear is different between index and codex.

You use the most recent points published for that model and its weapons

Offline Gildaheir

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2017, 01:51:10 PM »
I'm a huge fan of Iyanden, but I'm assuming the Wraithseer from FW gets screwed a little?  Will stay at T8 and doesn't have the new "wraith construct" keyword.  I assume we have to wait for a FW errata or codex before we can presume these changes will happen?

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »
I'm a huge fan of Iyanden, but I'm assuming the Wraithseer from FW gets screwed a little?  Will stay at T8 and doesn't have the new "wraith construct" keyword.  I assume we have to wait for a FW errata or codex before we can presume these changes will happen?

Yeah. Safe so assume forge world won't update their rules for a while. They are in no hurry to release updates/faq's. GW on the other hand is on fire.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2017, 04:56:51 PM »
A reminder that while we are being rather liberal here, owing to the fact that the rules are still officially rumours until the new codex is actually released, it still isn't permissible to ask for links to images, scans, or video reviews of the alleged actual codex.  Posts asking for this have had to be removed as a result.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Rhyleth

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2017, 05:42:38 PM »
Yeah, gw is getting into the habit of only publishing rules for models and options that come in kits they sell.

Something I have no issue with, to be honest. I like knowing that if a unit has an option, it's all in the box.

Do we know if the Exarch options that have no models (Dark Reaper shuriken cannon, Hawk sunrifle and power sword, Scorpion chainsabres, Warp Spider spinneret rifle) and those whose models have been retired (Banshee mirrorswords, Fire Dragon flamer) have been removed as well?

• Ancient
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2017, 06:09:02 PM »

Do we know if the Exarch options that have no models (Dark Reaper shuriken cannon, Hawk sunrifle and power sword, Scorpion chainsabres, Warp Spider spinneret rifle) and those whose models have been retired (Banshee mirrorswords, Fire Dragon flamer) have been removed as well?

Gonna assume, that any option which doesn't come in the box, won't be in the book. I thought all those weapon options came in the aspect boxes though.

That is the precedent so far, based on all the books so far released.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:26 PM »
I can confirm Reaper Exarch still has the shuriken cannon and Dragons have the DBF option. It seems the Hawk lost both gun options as well as spider Exarch losing the spinneret rifle. Sad.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:53:29 PM by Partninja »

Offline Gildaheir

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2017, 06:59:49 PM »
Hopefully they'll be options in the much-anticipated plastic aspect warrior kits that we all keep dreaming about. Maybe one day.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:29:59 PM by Gildaheir »

Offline Blazinghand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2017, 09:54:26 PM »
All these models losing options really annoys me, since I spent a lot of time and effort converting and making models. Especially for models that have had these things as options for a long time, rules-wise.

Offline Xiophen2442

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2017, 12:56:07 PM »
Well the problem I have with this is the fact that most armies are starved for new kit and models dont have previously listed options.

While the sm get new kits every edition with all the options is really really annoying

• Ancient
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2017, 01:01:14 PM »
Well the problem I have with this is the fact that most armies are starved for new kit and models dont have previously listed options.

While the sm get new kits every edition with all the options is really really annoying

Space marines lost a bunch of options with the change from index to codex as well. More then eldar will. 
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline laucian_meliamne

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Don't Panic; It's Open-Source!
    • The Place Where I Put Stuff Online
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2017, 01:04:18 PM »
All these models losing options really annoys me, since I spent a lot of time and effort converting and making models. Especially for models that have had these things as options for a long time, rules-wise.

I believe the official ruling from GW is that any units/options that existed in the Index books that is not listed in the codex may still be taken using the Index entry.  For example, Roughriders are apparently not in the new IG codex (so I've read -- I don't own the IG book, so I can't say for sure), but IG players are still allowed to field Roughriders using the entry from Index Imperium II. Likewise, Marine players who lost Dreadnought or Razorback weapon options can still use the Index Imperium I entry for those units to get their desired options back.

It's a really messy state of affairs, and I fully expect that once GW gets the initial dump of books out of the way and gets back to making plastic toys we'll see models packaged with datasheets with their appropriate rules, giving you a lovely stack of books, pamphlets, printed FAQs, and eventually Chapter Approved books to haul around.

Things will then get slightly neater with the release of Chapter Approved for a few months, while new releases continue to produce new model-specific datasheets, which will then be collated in the next Chapter Approved book.