News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help with planning my Dark Angels army  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Sumshine

Help with planning my Dark Angels army
« on: February 11, 2015, 05:40:36 AM »
I bought the Dark Vengeance set awhile ago along with some extra bikes/attack bikes, and I just bought Azrael.  I don't have the codex yet, and I'm not sure when I'll get it.  So don't worry about the total point cost of the army, but I'm guessing what I want to shoot for is something around 1850-2000 range.  Ravenwing are the reason that I initially was interested in DA, so I want to include 3 ravenwing squads as troops.  After that, I wanted to throw a deathwing squad in as troops as well, because Azrael.  After that, I'm pretty open to suggestions.

I'm thinking of taking the Hold at All costs warlord trait, since Azrael lets me choose.  If I did this and teleported the termies with him (is that legal?) to the objective in the enemy's base, hilarity would ensue.  Deep striking with twinlinked termy weapons (leaning towards assault cannons or plasma cannons), and with 2/4  saves and 4 FnP is just funny.

To do that on top of the objective, I'd need to either get a ravenwing squad there, or I'd need to have a servo skull (inquisition allies) close somehow.

I'd kind of like to have a scout squad with sniper rifles in an imperial bunker (if you can shoot out of them).  That would allow me to attempt to assassinate the enemy sargents, and then use the 3 ravenwing squads to hit and run (or just shoot) the remainder with little fear.

I'd need something to blow up the enemy transports, so that I could make use of all the previously mentioned anti-infantry stuff.  So I was thinking of equipping the landspeeders with assault cannons.  The attack bikes could have multi-meltas, but I don't want to split roles too much.

I think I need something else for blowing up as many transports as possible on round 1.  This army seems very glass cannon-like with the exception of the termy squad, and it's intended to be dropped into the middle of enemy forces.

Can Deathstorm drop pod be used to take out enemy transports?  Or is the strength too low?  I haven't seen the stats, but it'd go well for my idea of the army if it could fill that void.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions.  I'm just in the brainstorming phase of army planning.  Ideally whatever holes there are should be filled with any of the following: more land speeders, darkshroud, inquisition allies, or IG allies.  DW and RW knights are intriguing, but I think I have both roles covered already with my troops choices.

Army "list" right now:
Azrael
6 ravenwing with attackbike and landspeeder
10 deathwing termies of the shooty variety
10 scouts with as many sniper rifles as they can take in a bunker?
3-15 more land speeders?
dark shroud?
Inquisition allies stuff?
IG allies stuff?
techmarine, possibly on a bike?
Forgeworld missile drop pod?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:45:19 AM by Sumshine »
"Destroying you is my anti-drug." Zeke, the robot from Ctrl+Alt+Del