News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Necron Tourney List  (Read 639 times)

Offline Raist

1850 Necron Tourney List
« on: August 21, 2007, 03:28:05 AM »
HQ:
Lord
VoD
Res. Orb(March with main body until warrior squads are in position {shooting or to an objective} then VoD the immortals where needed)

Lord
D. Body
Warscythe(accompany the scarabs and tie up a heave support/ap 3 weapons troops)

Troops:
3x 10 Warriors(2 squads to march along the monolith laying down fire on the way to the objective, one to accompany tomb spyder and go where needed)

Elites:
10x Immortals(lay down fire whilst warrior squads get in range then VoD where needed)

Fast Attack:

2x 3 Destroyers (lay down heavy long range fire. to be kept together to benefit from wwb when one squad is destroyed)

8x Scarab Swarms (accompany lord w/ d body and tie up ap 3/cc units)

Heavy Support:

Monolith (provide wwb's to failed warriors/immortals, lay down heavy fire whilst army body advances, soak up enemy fire, keep troops out of cc)

Tomb Spyder w/ SoL (accompany squad of troops where needed providing wwb's)

Total points: 1846
Phase out: 12

Tell me what you think. Im taking this to tourney in about a month, so please devour it as you wish! (Also, this will be my first tournament, so any advice on army make up or tactics would be apreciated)

Thanks a bunch
-Rai
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 01:37:55 PM by Raist »

Offline BearBitesHurt

• Insolent: Forum Blockhead
  • Careful: I might talk to you like you're an adult
Re: 1850 Necron Tourney List
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »
This looks like a pretty solid list to me.  I personally have a problem with having a Lord in my armies without an orb, but I can see that if he's running with Scarabs it might be a waste.  Would you consider trying out the Lightning Field?  There's going to be a lot of wounds getting through on those swarms and it would be nice for them to bite back as they die.  Just a thought.

Offline Raist

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 09:51:56 PM »
Hmm. I'll try it out. I never really thought too much about it, but thinking it through it sounds like a good idea. What do you think I should drop to get it in. Maybe one swarm, or maybe an Immortal?

Offline BearBitesHurt

• Insolent: Forum Blockhead
  • Careful: I might talk to you like you're an adult
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 12:26:34 AM »
I think dropping a swarm would be the way to go.  No reason to lose a gauss blaster!   ;)