News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Going on tour.  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
Going on tour.
« on: February 3, 2006, 02:09:28 AM »
I currently am mainly using my biel-tan army, usually playing with only 1000 points.  I am trying to figure a way to use a troupe, or other harlequins, in a useful manor.  Harlequin characters are too expensive for most of the gains they give (unless I was needing tanglefoot grenades, shadowseer spells or something similarly particular), and I am finding problems thinking of a way to incert some harlequin allies in here.  I don't play with rules that have the harlequin wraithlord, but would not use it because of mobility issues either way.  I primarily fight IG, and chaos, and at times mutants and zombies....yes zombies.  My current list is at the bottom.

I can't add any harlequin characters to my warp spiders or swooping hawks because of their movement rules, and I dont see it as worthwhile to add an IC to my scorpions.

As for the troupes themselves they are just not mobile enough on their own for me.  Even if my swooping hawks or warp spiders dont do too well themselves, their mobility allows me to concentrate forces and maintain the initiative.

For the anti-tank role I have both my seers for heavy, and my scorpions for lighter and backup work, as well as my vehicles for side/backshots.  Because of this I cannot really see any point in using Deathjesters.

I would consider using some harlequin jetbikes but its a matter of having none atm, but i'm still open to suggestions there of. 

199-(76) Farseer -Fortune -Witchblade -Shuriken Pistol
   42-Warlock -Enhance -Witchblade -Shuriken Pistol
   27-Warlock -Witchblade -Shuriken Pistol
180-Falcon -Scatter laser -Holo-field -Spirit stones

137-Striking Scorpions (6) -6xHaywire Grenades
   Exarch -Scorpions claw
140-Wave Serpent -Eldar Missile Launcher -Spirit Stones

182-Warp Spiders (5) -Exarch -Surprise assault -Withdraw -Powerblades

162-Swooping Hawks (5) -Exarch -Web of Skulls -Sustained Assault -Bounding Leap

-1000-

any imput is highly appretiated.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2006, 02:14:08 AM by Algavinn »
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992