News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 669 times)

Offline Jesuriah

• I'm a llama!
Help!
« on: December 2, 2002, 10:28:07 PM »
I always end up fighting SMs and Necrons
But, they arent just normal SM's, they're Dark Templar!  So, no falling back for them(damnit).

I don't take Wraithlords, they don't fit into harlequins

I must ALWAYs take a Solitare, they're just too scary.
Can anyone suggest some tactics for me?
Or maybe an army list?(1500 points)
Grr, they tend to krump me, mainly because of my die rolls(my solitare once charged from 6" away and made 6 rolls of one, and two rolls of two. . .

Offline feintstar

Re:Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 3, 2002, 01:59:04 AM »
What kinds of things do you see in the BlackTemplar List? (and what do you use agianst it?)
We see the coming of pain in the deep blue depths of probability. We turn the tides that sweep away the marks from the sands of time. We are the Grey. We stand between the candle, and the star. We stand between the darkness, and the light. We are the guardians of that island of hope, amidst the storm that comes, that heralds the end of eternity.

Offline Jesuriah

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2002, 08:27:28 PM »
He usually has a high number of devestator squads, sometimes termies, a five man assault squad(usually with two power fists) a few scouts,(around 8) with sniper rifles, and the compulsory items, like the emperor's chosen, and a few tactical squads.  Sometimes he throws in a High Marshall

Offline DeWolfe

• Reach out and torch someone
« Reply #3 on: December 3, 2002, 09:11:27 PM »
If it is a Black Templar army, then for him to get the bonuses of the rules found in Codex: Armageddon, he must also follow all the restrictions. Black Templars are not allowed to use Devestator Squads, nor or they allowed to have Scouts with sniper rifles. Ask him if you can see his codex before the next game, this should help you decide what's best to defeat him.
-dewolfe
Reach out and torch someone
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.