News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "From heaven came the submunition-light"  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Shas Ui Mal Caor

• What're you looking at PAL ?!?
"From heaven came the submunition-light"
« on: October 30, 2002, 04:37:16 PM »
I have some questions about the submunition option, just technical stuff to make sure I understand correctly the "it's not a ordonance weapon part". I'm already sure of most question's answer but... just in case:

1-Do we need LOS (LOS is needed I believe)?

2-Does it need a "to hit" roll or are model under the template automatically hit ?

2-May I put it anywhere on the targeted unit so that, for an exemple, a tank could get it in the back althought i'm in front of it?

3-It's seems like models under template weapon are the one that realy dies (not a defender option, get me?) so, if I may choose where it land in the unit, does it mean I could target an eldar guardian unit, make it land under the starcanon user in it and wish for the railgun to kill those two (and any other elvishpunks around)?

4-Unless my memory is wrong, it is impossible to do barrage stuff with submunition right?

I think that's all, thanks.
There are 2 things that are infinites : universe and human's foolishness. Still, I'm not sure for the first one... (Einstein)

Offline farseer reg

• bilbo baggins = vin diesel
Re:"From heaven came the submunition-light"
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2002, 05:18:37 PM »
think of it as a blast weapon - roll to hit etc but with an ordnance template
bilbo baggins = vin diesel

Offline Aerundel

• My name is Oobedoob Benubi.
    • My BatRep
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 05:26:33 PM »
1- Yes, LOS is needed

2- You roll to hit, then you roll to wound each model under the template.

2a- Weapons that need LOS have the line drawn directly from the weapon to the target. So if the target's front is facing you, you can't hit the back. Although this doesn't really come up much since the solid shot would be much better for hitting vehicles.

3- The defender can still move the template to cover an equal number of models. So he may be able to save his dark lance/missile launcher/etc. troops.

4- The submunition's only on the hammerhead, and as there is only 1 sub. shot per hammerhead and 1 hammerhead per unit, there's nothing to barrage with.

Offline Shas Ui Mal Caor

• What're you looking at PAL ?!?
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2002, 05:41:38 PM »
Thanks Aerundel, as usual, you are clear and simple ;).
PS: I would have like you to give an opinion on my army list because you usualy make good one (but now some stuff as change since i'm putting stealth suit in ordrer to be more mobile like I was told to... still, if you don't have anything to do... ::))
There are 2 things that are infinites : universe and human's foolishness. Still, I'm not sure for the first one... (Einstein)