News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pt Iyandenish City Fight Tournament List  (Read 907 times)

Offline synjin

• Enter the Clowns!
1500pt Iyandenish City Fight Tournament List
« on: May 8, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
So, I've not played my Eldar in a loooong time and thought I haul them out for this up coming tournament.  I played the following list the other day against Blood Angels in jump packs.  I thought I'd be slaughtered, but ended up tabling the fellow.  The table reflected the 4'x4', dense urban terrain promised at the tournament, so I think that this helped me.  Anyway, I present the following for your wise consideration.

HQ

Farseer         110
Spirit Stones
Doom
Guide

Elite

6 Fire  Dragons        133
Exarch
Tank Hunter

Troops

10 Wraithguard      396
Warlock
Spiritseer
Enhance

5 Rangers           95

5 Rangers           95

5 Rangers           95

Fast Attack

8 Warp Spiders      218
Exarch
Add. Deathspinner
Power Blades
Withdraw

8 Warp Spiders      218
Exarch
Add. Deathspinner
Power Blades
Withdraw

Heavy Support

Wraithlord          140
Flamers
Shuriken Cannon
Brightlance

Total            1500

I've always felt that Warp Spiders' speed and shooting balance Wraithguards slowness, and that Wraithguard units are rocks.  Not sure about the Dragons, since they are so fragile.  Let me know.

Synjin
« Last Edit: May 9, 2011, 01:39:58 AM by synjin »

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
Re: 1500pt Iyandenish City Fight Tournament List
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2011, 11:04:13 PM »
HQ

Farseer         110
Spirit Stones
Doom
Guide
- You should invest in Runes of Warding, unless you're playing against Tau or Orks, otherwise its a stapled gear for our farseer to stave off those trying to use psychic powers against you.

Elite

6 Fire  Dragons        133
Exarch
Tank Hunter
- Since your FD are slogging they can't be part of your list, it is a MUST for FD to be inside a vehicle unless you want them to be wasted points as your opponent kills them on the fly.

Troops

10 Wraithguard      396
Warlock
Spiritseer
Enhance
- VERY solid and resilient unit, unfortunately they need a baby-sitter  and that would be a Fortune Farseer. So be careful with this expensive unit as it might just get pwned  by cheap shots due to no Fortune to save them or have Conceal for the big guns.

5 Rangers           95

5 Rangers           95

5 Rangers           95

- Glassjaw units they die to Flamers and that's the regular kind, let alone be the Hvy Flamers. Better to have DAVU units inside Wave Serpents.

Fast Attack

8 Warp Spiders      176
Exarch
Add. Deathspinner
Power Blades
Withdraw

8 Warp Spiders      176
Exarch
Add. Deathspinner
Power Blades
Withdraw
- Too much points sanked into this thought. I would rather spend the points in beefing up the Troop units since they really need it.

Heavy Support

Wraithlord          140
Flamers
Shuriken Cannon
Brightlance
- This is a prime example of wraithlord trying to be an ALL-Comer and it barely performs adequately, either he's a horde smasher or an AT-Lord.

I've always felt that Warp Spiders' speed and shooting balance Wraithguards slowness, and that Wraithguard units are rocks.  Not sure about the Dragons, sense they are so fragile.  Let me know.
- Would be nice, unfortunately Warp Spiders will just get pummelled rather than the WG, IF they are near them. The T3 of Spiders are just too easy to kill and not ignore them, unlike the WG and opponents would rather shoot at something else and not a high resilient unit.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline topherripp

• my name is topherripp and im an addict
« Reply #2 on: May 9, 2011, 01:15:20 AM »
i think you forgot to add the points for the exarch and upgrades on your spiders, so id double check your points.

the spiders will rock in dence city terrain being as they can jump shoot jump. just keep them hidden.

the wraith lord should go with eml/lance for much needed AT

dragons need a transport or concider them dead turn 1

wraith guard's warlock only needs spirit seer if the lord is running with them.  and if you keep him close enough you still might not need it.  i assume you are running your farseer with them so with 2 seers on the edges of the squad you will still have a good radius of effect for negating wraithsight.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 2011, 10:33:07 AM »
Farseer's Fortune is ALWAYS needed for survival and to keep your opponent unbalance.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2011, 11:18:03 AM »
In city fight LoS and fields of fire are premium. Tanks fall very quickly to infiltrating power fists, back armour scramblers and the like. Your Spiders will do well here.

I have found in the past that infantry wins in City Fight scenarios tanks can't move as much and transports are just even bigger targets, and of course share roads with gun sights of Demolisher cannons, lascannon squards and other high strength nasties. therefore think twice about mounting that dragon squad. 

On the issue of the dragon squad, you really shouldn't need Tank hunters on a squad who's basic weapon in a melta gujn, plus in the dense terrain the exarch would be better suited to carrying a Dragons  Breath Flamer with the crack shot ability. (auto hit, re-roll to the wound!!) If you do footslog these guys they HAVE to be supported by one of your spider squads otherwise as has been noted they will die easily.

I agree the Wraithlord is trying to do to much. He should either be a tank hunter or a Swarm-killer Personally I'd go for the shuriken cannon / scatter laser load out.

I' think I'd prefer to see one bigger unit of pathfinders rather than 3 small ranger squads. The pathfinder upgreade is SO ecomomical, ESPECIALLY in city fight where move through terrain should get you out of problems. Plus a unit of 5 rangers will have little impact on a unit. 8 or better 10 pathfinders will have a much bigger impact.

I do think you need a designated cc unit here and there are sopme Scorpions crying in the wings to be let lose in all that dense cover....

Offline synjin

• Enter the Clowns!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:11:10 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I agree that in City Fight transports might bog down, even skimming ones.  So we all stay on foot, even though the Dragons might be toast due to this.  Said Dragons will take advantage of cover and blocking terrain wherever possible. 

Anyway, here is a revised list:

HQ

Farseer            125
   Runes of Warding
   Spirit Stones
   Doom
   Guide

Elite

6 Fire  Dragons      113
   Exarch
   Dragon’s Breath Flamer
   Crack Shot

Troops

10 Wraithguard      396
Warlock
Spiritseer
Enhance

8 Pathfinders         192

6 Rangers         114

8 Warp Spiders      218
   Exarch
   Add. Deathspinner
   Power Blades
   Withdraw

8 Warp Spiders      218
   Exarch
   Add. Deathspinner
   Power Blades
   Withdraw

Heavy Support

Wraithlord         120
   2 Flamers
   Shuriken Cannon
   Scatter Laser

Total            1496

I'll get to play this list Friday, and then make a final decision that night for the tournament Saturday.

Synjin

Offline Criptic Chaos

• Scorpion
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 03:04:17 AM »

5 Rangers           95

5 Rangers           95

5 Rangers           95

I would recommend a unit of path finders and dire avengers...so much more affective

another thing is definetly givethe farseer fortune
We warned you of the price of your actions, now you must pay it in full - in blood.