News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Nut Up or Shut Up II, 40k & Infinity Tournament, 25th/26th of June, Exeter, UK  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog

http://exeter-inquisition.org/nusu2

Time: Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th June 2011

Place: Queen Elizabeth's Community College, Crediton, Devon (near Exeter)

Cost: £20 per person

Prize fund of over £200 worth of vouchers and product

Warhammer 40,000 Tournament
  • 30 Places
  • 1500 Points
  • Five Rounds
  • Five Missions

Infinity Tournament
  • 20 Places
  • 200 Points
  • Five Rounds
  • Five Table Types

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
Two hundred points isn't a huge amount for the infinity game ;).

Also, I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm not going to make it to exeter. But as a matter of curiousity, if you are selling £600 worth of tickets, where does the remaining £400 go?

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
lol I have no idea if it is or is'nt in all honesty, I've never played Infinity, its being arranged by the portion of the club that does.

As to the price well its a fairly standard price for a two day event (it is for example the same price as Bristol Vanguards 'Vanquish' event). That said this is'nt really the place to discuss costs, but the most substancial single cost by way of example is the hire of the venue for two days which is in the hundreds of pounds.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
I didn't want to comment for fear of going off topic. But in my expereince I'd be surprised if there is much left after expenses, hall rent is a big one, in our case a £140 went on hiring a van for the weekend to move scenery/boards, not to mention putting out that many boards with scenery requires a good stock to be built up, even getting 2' by 4' chipboard is surprisingly expensive in the quantity we use.
Its only the fact that our staff volunteer to work the event (and the evening before) that our events are actually feasible.

In other news, I'm highly tempted to come down, like I said at Vanquish you guys support our events all the time. I didn't know when the one day we run was going to be at that point though, that and I've tons of work at the moment which tends to be weekends anyway. :(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:34:26 PM by Hymirl »
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
No worries Hymirl, but yes we're not expecting much left after all costs go out, especially given we're building boards especially for the tournament (though sadly nothing quite as fancy as Vanguards just yet ;) ). Suffice to say though whatever profit we do make from the event will be invested for Nut Up or Shut Up III, which we're hoping we'll be able to expand to 70 players across two systems - though maybe not the same ones.

It would of course be great to see you or any of the Vanguard guys down here, but of course we know theres a clash with your own event which we did'nt realise when we booked our venue. Hopefully next time round we can avoid a clash, even if life still comspires against us!

Incidently, the rules pack has now been posted.

http://exeter-inquisition.org/files-ei/pdfs/01_NUSU_Rulespack_v1.2.pdf

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
Why are all these bloody things in the South-West? Chuckles wants some Northern wargaming action!

The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
Because the South West is that awesome!

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Takes a long time to build a cathedral of hate
I'd like to protest that one, I've cycled from Land's End to somewhere in Wales and the South West is hell. Shiny sunburny hilly hell, while I also can't make it down it looks like a blast.
What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
Chuckles, dont know if this might be of interest to you?

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=84460

Razyus, you should count yourself fortunate, very few visitors get the chance to experience South West sunburn, the usual holiday climate is something far far soggier!

Offline Darkangeldentist

• Vagabond
A quick bump to this as time is running out.

A word in defence about the size of the infinity forces. 200pts is a little small but has proven in our group to be enough for a fun list with some play for unit selection but small enough to keep it to a single combat group. It's in part down to our local meta as the surge of following for infinity was/is still new. 

If anyone is tempted please get in touch, even if you can't make it we want to know if people are interested.

Edit: (PS, my apologies for such a long spell of absence from the forum.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:19:32 PM by Darkangeldentist »

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
A Warhammer Fantasy Battle tournament has now been added to this event following a similar format.

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament
  • Upto 20 Places
  • 2000 Points
  • Five Rounds
  • Five Missions

As before further details, rulespack and tickets are available from,

http://www.exeter-inquisition.org/nusu2

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
Mr Gravis: are spectators allowed at these things? I've entered the 40kO one up near Bath, but I've never been to a tournament before, and I'd be interested in seeing how these things go. I'm in Bideford, so it would be easy for me to pop in for an afternoon. If that sort of thing is not encouraged though, then no worries.

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
I can't see a problem with that at all, feel free to pop on in!

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
OK, thanks. I'll probably try to get there in time to see the armies laid out for Best Army judging saturday lunchtime, then stay to watch the afternoon games.