News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I need info about harlies and exodites  (Read 642 times)

Offline ChiefDante

• Follow me, brothers, battle awaits!
I need info about harlies and exodites
« on: August 13, 2003, 10:30:52 AM »
Dear Patrons of the message board I am on my knees begging for any information pertaining to harlequins and exodites. So if you could please give me any and all the information u have about these subjects, along with the ideas u have come up with to do with actual playing armylists.

This would be much appreciated.

Thanks alot. ???
Fear not the death brothers, for she is old and slow, and will never catch the Windrider host.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re:I need info about harlies and exodites
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 11:48:46 AM »
You can start by looking through this thread, as it has a lot of the basics in it.
  There is some information in the Harlequin beta-codex avaialble on GWs site, but nothing about the exodites there, sorry.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline ChiefDante

• Follow me, brothers, battle awaits!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 12:19:54 PM »
thanks that really helps but do u have any info or fluff on the exodites.

Fear not the death brothers, for she is old and slow, and will never catch the Windrider host.

Offline Luckyshot13

• Fūjin like beans!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 12:58:25 PM »
Why don't you try this:
http://www.criticalhit.co.uk/w40krp/WD105_Harlequins.shtml
Hope you find it useful :)

Do you play Harlequins? or are you just interested.
Fear not the death brothers, for she is old and slow, and will never catch the wildrider host

Translator's note: Saim-Hann is pronounced Sam Hine (not Same Han)
Inquisitor's Note: Translators should learn more respect for their masters.

Offline Rilmanqualë

• A humie walks into a bar - OUCH!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 01:43:54 AM »
There is very little official fluff regarding Exodites, most of wha tyou'll find out there is stuff people have made up.  They are Eldar that sparated from the rest before the fall, seeing the direction their society was headed and getting out of it.  They live on worlds that the Eldar terraformed or preserved.  Exodites live a very simple lifestyle, having seen the result of technological decadence.  Often the word "primitive" is assigned to them, although thast mebbe a bit of an exaggeration.  THey have a clan-like social grouping, led by something akin to a shaman (I don't remember what they are called offhand, its a sort of underdeveloped seer).  They ride "dragons" (think WFB 5th Ed. Cold Ones) into battle as cavalry, fly around on Terradons, etc.  CWE and DE usually ignore them as useless and simple, Exodites think the rest of us are too uppity and enslaved to technology.

Thats the basics, as Rasmus mentioned look through this forum for more info.  They aren't as popular as the Quins, and no official list has ever even been attempted so far as I know, they are more of a fluff gimick than anything.  A number of people have made their own lists, they aren't too hard to find using Google or sumthin.

Rils

PS - You might want to consider narrowing yer question a bit, "tell me everything" is a bit ambitious especially concerning Harlequins.  Taking a few minutes to do some research will answer that question a lot better than a directionless request.  Then if there are specific areas you are interested in, post specific questions that people can answer.  Good luck with your search!  ~R~
Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music - Mark Kleiman