News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Thinking of Switching  (Read 486 times)

Offline Voltxion

Thinking of Switching
« on: April 28, 2007, 08:06:35 PM »
Hello, I have been reading what ever codex I could get my hands on and been playing necron for not long but I believe it was a impulse buy now for me to buy necron.

I read over the Nids book and 3rd ed Tau and sat and read some of the 4th at a local shop. however the two look very intriguing BUT i can only choose one, since my g/f is starting sisters of battle. My reason for switching is that I don't like my constraints that i have as necron, all my friends who play have like a list of options for each unit and i have distruption fields and necron lord Wargear. So I come here and wish to get input on what race you think might be best. Nids or Tau.

Nids , I know are not much of a change going from necron to tau seeing as I still would miss out on vehicles but I would have more options in terms of TROOPS for one and also HQ units.

Tau, well I like shooty but not too sure I been reading about tau and it seems CC destroys them very easy if theres enough terrain around to hide them in like harleys and Nids and Deepstriking    Termys in DA.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
Re: Thinking of Switching
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 10:15:30 PM »
I have a friend that has destroyed a Tau army in 3 turns with one squad of plague marines that got to his lines.  Tau are very one dimensional.  You can make one dimensional Tyranids but they make a very balanced army, too.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
Re: Thinking of Switching
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 02:24:38 AM »
Tau are cool looking (well, fire-warriors are >.>), and really good shooty, but unless you want to use one of their borderline-cheesey tactics (fish of fury or mass JSJ), you will have a fairly rough time winning games against skilled opponents.  Line tau are just too easy to kill by simply getting into combat.

On the other hand, Tyranids have an obscene number of viable builds.  And they can be shooty, slashy, or balanced, as well as full of big things, full of little things, or a mix of the two.  They can be awesome at close range shootyness (about even with battle sisters for points, but without needing transports), and follow it with charges that, even from 6 point gaunts, can be devestating.

Only you can make the decision on which army to play, however, so other than that, I can't really help you.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"