News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Friend starting nids  (Read 429 times)

Offline Lord Ulthanash

• Armies: Eldar: Corsairs and Ulthwe
Friend starting nids
« on: April 2, 2007, 09:55:07 AM »
K I have a friend starting nids and as he isn't a member of this board he wants me to post this for him. He wants to know what he should get, and how he should expand his army to about a 2000 point size. He wants to field a horde (as it is the opposite of necrons). He and my other friend both bought the battle for maccragge, and then they traded the space marines for the tyranids, so basically he has double of whatever is in the battle for Maccragge. NO HQ YET. His favorite units so far are zoanthropes and genestealers.

He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
Re: Friend starting nids
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2007, 12:40:16 PM »
Well, he can field a swarm, but the best choice would be to field a balanced list.  It is the easiest list to play well, and probably the best in a competitive enviroment.

That means a shooty carnifex or two, a flyrant, a bunch of hormagaunts and termagants, some warriors, some genestealers, and a few zoanthropes.

I can't build his army for him, however, so get him to write up a 2000 point army list and post it, and we'll be glad to critique it.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"