News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: This will be my first Eldar list since 3rd edition  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Deathboon

This will be my first Eldar list since 3rd edition
« on: December 15, 2017, 07:12:24 AM »
++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [78 PL, 1427pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Iyanden: Stoic Endurance

The Path of War

+ Heavy Support +

War Walkers
. War Walker: Bright Lance, Bright Lance

Wraithlord: Bright Lance, Flamer, Flamer, Ghostglaive

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent: Crystal Targeting Matrix, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Twin Bright Lance

+ Troops +

Guardian Defenders: 10x Guardian Defender
. Guardian Heavy Weapons Platform: Bright Lance

+ Flyer +

Hemlock Wraithfighter: 1. Conceal/Reveal, Spirit Stones

+ Fast Attack +

Windriders:
. 4x Windrider - Shuriken Cannon: 4x Shuriken Cannon

Windriders:
. 4x Windrider - Shuriken Cannon: 4x Shuriken Cannon

+ HQ +

Farseer: 1. Guide, 2. Doom, Psytronome of Iyanden, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear

Prince Yriel

+ Elites +

Bonesinger

Wraithguard: Wraithcannon, 5x Wraithguard

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [27 PL, 570pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Iyanden: Stoic Endurance

The Path of War

+ Lord of War +

Wraithknight: Starcannon, Starcannon, Suncannon and Scattershield

++ Total: [105 PL, 1997pts] ++

Link to army list building software removed - Iris.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:19:01 AM by Irisado »

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: This will be my first Eldar list since 3rd edition
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:59:50 AM »
What's your goal with the list? Tournaments, casual? What sorts of armies do you think you might be up against?

Without knowing anything else, you should endeavor to never take patrol detachments if you can avoid it. They offer you no additional command points (which are a valuable resource).

Without Changing your list too much, you could run an outrider or spearhead detachment pretty easily, bby just taking an extra fast attack, or heavy support choice respectfully. Ideally you'd run a battalion, but that'd require you to radically change your list.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Deathboon

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 11:07:40 AM »
 This is mostly going to be for casual play,  I probably have the jetbikes to do 3 squads of 3. Alternatively I was thinking of picking up a Vyper. Eventually I'll have enough guardians for a battalion, but that'll take awhile. I'd like to ease in to the tournament scene but mostly for funzies, I have 2 6th month old babies at home so not enough time to devote to being truly competitive.
I have no idea what the local tourney meta is like since its Been so long, but casual meta seems to have a smattering of everything with marines being most common.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 11:49:51 AM »
If you're playing casual and getting into the swing of things, then it's a good idea to just try different units and play a variety of missions to get used to how things work. I do strongly encourage you to build armies with an eye to how many command points you're getting. Stratagems are great, and can be game changing. The more command points you have, means the more stratagems you can use, which is always great.

Keep in mind too, that if your army is battleforged and detachments are all of one faction, your troops trump other units when capturing objectives, so troops are really important to have. They are also useful for screening your other units, as turn 1 assaults are a thing, and deepstriking units coming in turn 1 can be very powerful if you're not expecting it.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »
I agree with squid on test running the other units since it is really a new way of playing the same game we had been playing before. 3rd ed was the downhill for quite a few of our units and now they have a good revival.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 10:48:29 PM »
G'day Deathboon!
Welcome back to our hobby, mate, and congrats on your babies. Fatherhood is a hoot!... Be well!

Offline admironheart

• later
  • Armies: Eldar,Exodites,Harlequins.Squats,Dark Eldar&BA
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 12:23:05 AM »
Welcome back to the game.  I just got back into 2nd edition last winter... first time since 2003 when I quit the 3rd edition 40k tourney scene.  Then I started 8th this past summer.

Perhaps you remember The yahoogroup WarpMatrix or my group RuneSight? They were the biggest online eldar sites for 3rd edition. Most of those members rolled over into EldarOnline shortly after it took hold. I joined in 2002.

I still play both 2nd and 8th every month in rotation.

I think if you can get past all the terms like Feel No Pain and Rending you will find 8th edition a very simple and easy edition to enjoy.

Hope you like it!!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 12:25:56 AM by admironheart »
"Battles are decided by slaughter and maneuver.  The greater the general, the more he contributes in manuever, the less he demands in slaughter"...Winston Churchill