News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Craftworld variations  (Read 1136 times)

Offline antin3

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Craftworld variations
« on: May 20, 2017, 10:14:18 PM »
It's been a while since I've played and I am trying to decide what craftworld to go with. I like the idea of the more barbaric or feral fluff around Saim-Han, not so sure about all the vehicles though.
I also like the look of Ulthwe, actually I like the aesthetic of all of the major craftworlds:)
But being away from the game for a while, I wondered what gamers were doing now or if anyone has the scoop on what 8th may bring.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Craftworld variations
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:10:13 AM »
Hi. As far as a paint scheme goes you can do whatever you like and when playing you can chose which ever one or a splinter faction of one. For instance mine has been Kurom Kiam for many years. I found a language converter years ago for eldar and put in dragons breath and that's what the translation was. I say it's a faction of Sam Hann when I use vehicle heavy, Beit Tan when aspect heavy, etc. Hope this helps.

As for the new edition, not enough info to say yet.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:53:56 AM »
game wise we don't know if there will be different rules for craftworlds, most likely just different detachment formations, so it doesn't really matter.

Fluff wise, go with what ever you like or make your own.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 04:26:59 AM »
G'day Antin3!
Go with what ever colour you fancy. You'll be painting that for a looooong time, so make sure your happy with it.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 07:03:08 AM »
It's far too early to be commenting about eighth edition yet.  Even if more information about the craftworlds were available, my advice would be the same.  Choose a colour scheme that you like and stick with it.  You can come up with a whole variety of reasons to justify it being a variant colour scheme of a craftworld, so select your colour preferences and then tailor the narrative accordingly.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 07:43:40 AM »
Ive noticed that most people are creating their own color schemes these days. I'm part of that crowd, but I do miss the days of seeing the classic Craftworld colors a bit more.

If you are interested in checking out info on the various Craftworlds, the new Codex is INSANE! It has soooo much info on the Craftworlds and their unique systems of heraldry, vehicle and even individual model markings. Short of that their is always Lexicanum which has some good images

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Craftworld

You can also check out the Corsair color schemes. A google search will show plenty of them. Sunblitz Brotherhood, Void Dragons and the Skyraiders all look very cool. Check them out, they should give you some good inspiration
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 01:46:41 AM »
I was just rereading this and being that I have a really bright paint job on my Army in real life loud colors would be frownd on, like a shoot me sign hung around your neck. Haha mine would be easy target practice. ;D ;D
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 04:53:56 AM »
In regards to 8th edition most of the info everyone has has come direct from GW themselves.
They have a new site called Warhammer Community where theyve been having a daily release of information regarding 8th edition. They even have a "faction focus" article talking very briefly about how the faction will benefit from 8th. There is an Eldar article the gist of which was the avatar and phoenix lords will be feared on the table.

Anyway the articles they have released might help you decide what to do for 8th.

Warhammer Community – The home of Warhammer on the web.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #8 on: June 7, 2017, 07:19:01 PM »
It doesn't look the same as the old 40k; we all know and love/hate. The way it sounds in my opinion is that we'll all have to relearn the game again. I am liking what I am seeing and it is intriguing me.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat