News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Blood Angel allies  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
Blood Angel allies
« on: January 19, 2016, 09:26:12 PM »
Greetings everyone, I've been gone for little over two years and they seemed to change the game on me again. So with that in mind I am trying to get back into the game and it seems my beloved Blood Angel army is no longer valid, and by that I mean they moved the units around, and I need to get some Tactical Squads, but that's not the issue I have. My issue is I love to build and paint models as well as play them on the table, so I was wondering which army is best suited to march into battle with the Angelic Host?

I have models from the Imperial Guard and Dark Angels, and I love painting both of them, I'm wondering should I just bolster those forces or is there a different army out there that syncs up well with the BA? The main way I use my BA is an "Up close and personal" force with lots of close combat troops, very few vehicles. I've had mixed results with it, I either win big or get tabled.

So anyways any advice would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Blood Angel allies
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 11:31:53 PM »
Check out the Raven Guard rules in Warzone Damocles: Kauyon. Kauyun? I can't remember exactly what it is. They try their best to make jump pack marines viable. You'll need the vanilla 'dex to make it work.

If you wanna punch something, those Death Company get promoted to Vanguard Vets, and take a price break on CC weapons.

Not a word of a lie, I made a better Assault-focused army out of Ultramarines than I could out of Blood Angels. :(

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 01:02:39 AM »

Not a word of a lie, I made a better Assault-focused army out of Ultramarines than I could out of Blood Angels. :(

HERESY! But joking aside, I have looked at the Raven Guard, not closely enough it seems though. Thank you I'll have a gander at them.

Where do I get the Warzone Damocles at?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 01:22:46 AM by Rayvn70 »

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 06:42:47 AM »
Well, you could get a legitimate copy from Games Workshop, I suppose. Probably any other gaming store that carries 40k books. Try googling it, see what happens. :)

Offline Dangerousdave0042

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Blood Angels and Tyranids
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 03:38:33 PM »
I have a new "blood guard" chapter which is blood angels using the kauyon ravenguard rules.
Apparently skitari in pods works well with flesh tearer 6 drop pod detachment.
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 04:08:10 PM »
I'm using Ult-Red-Marines these days, that have an awful lot of Blood Angels iconography thrown around. I love the models, and red's my favourite colour, but they'd need to do something Eldar-y to the Blood Angels next go-round for me to stop using the Vanilla 'dex.

I've been sorely tempted to run the 6-Pod detachment with my Guard... whom haven't seen a table in a painfully long time. I even converted a BA Techmarine [Cheap HQ, boost cover save for Grunts] from the Storm Raven driver, some legs, a Heavy Bolter pack and ammo feed... and a couple of Dreadnought fingers for the Servo Arm. :)